Hi Viz whilst driving

This is me way back in 1997 and on certain jobs we had to wear hard hats in the cab when driving on site and in the quarry. Kept the vest on all the time but the hat did come off! :laughing:

674f1e07677fb2d1fad2c3451dda93b7.jpg

Pete.

When I was driving I took my Hi-Viz off at every opportunity but what others do is up-to them I suppose.

What I donā€™t understand is people who wear their Hi-Viz before and after work, you see them in the stores, in their cars, on the trains and buses and walking down the street going to or from work :confused:

I think itā€™s as has been said, for some people the Hi-Vis becomes part of their identity, some people seem to have changed the phrase ā€œI think, therefore I amā€, to ā€œI wear a Hi-Viz, therefore I amā€ :frowning:

As usual you bunch of losers have completely missed the point.

Modern day France has held up the hi-viz garment recently as a unified symbol of holding their own Government accountable. You know, like going forward together.

And you muppets see as a fashion accessory.

lolipop:
Another post about Hi Viz that has been worked to death.
Surely its upto the individual what he/ she wears whilst at work,depends on how many times they have to stop and start
I for one could not be arsed putting on and taking off multi times a day so it stayed on.and index finger to anybody that wants to take the ā– ā– ā– ā– .

youtu.be/4-PIckHrZ0o

Itā€™s been mentioned, lanyards just as annoying as bloody hi-viz, Especially the ones with the company name on, just go into any samwedge shop, at lunch time, lanyards flapping everywhere, Now when that lanyard is supported by ample buxom-ness and cleavage display, itā€™s fine. :smiley:

Entireā€¦

Offices full of pointy shoed, mummy still does my tie up for me types wearing hi-viz vests. The same idiots who lecture you about harsh cornering even though they havenā€™t sat behind the wheel themselves. They also work through their lunch break by munching a Ginsters whilst still taking calls and allocating jobs.

Mine is rolled up and tucked into the door pocket until itā€™s needed.

I see people in ASDA and Lidl wearing them when Iā€™m on my way to Waitrose. On a weekend shopping trip or on a ferry it means look at me! I didnā€™t have any toys so I play with my ā– ā– ā– ā–  a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oohā€¦

While Iā€™m at it, full time hi-viz wearers are very likely to work for the maximum hours whilst trying to get only a 15 minute break in.

You really have a problem if seeing another driver wearing his/her Hi-Viz whilst driving is winding you up , I also wear mine in the car to and from work ! .
Park the truck up asap , there will be driver along soon . Go find a darkened room and lie down ā€¦jeeez what next ? .

Something made me laugh recently - I saw a bloke driving a tractor unit down the M1 with a hi-viz and hard hat on. I laughed heartily. quote ezy driverā€¦

ahh, but theres method in his madness, cause by doing that he doesnā€™t have to wear his seatbeltā€¦ :wink:

Bothers people far too much this. Why?

I see it, I donā€™t wear mine, I donā€™t really care if others do.

toonsy:
Bothers people far too much this. Why?

I see it, I donā€™t wear mine, I donā€™t really care if others do.

^^^^ This

Personally remove it to be as comfortable as possible

What others doā€¦concerns me not one bit as long as I get paid end of month.

Will try to keep up to date with truckers fashion trends.

Is double denim in or out? [emoji848]

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

A Hi Viz vest, which we have had to wear for around the past 30 years, isnā€™t restrictive in any shape and form and to be honest you donā€™t realise you are wearing it after a while. The jackets/coats are a different matter though, I found them very restrictive and only wore mine when I was on nightime resurfacing work during winter to try and keep warm in a truck that had no heater because the radiator had split and the gaffer removed it. No way could I wear one, or any coat, while driving yet many seem to?

I was given a Railworkers orange jacket back in the 90ā€™s, lovely quality and very light, and wore it when loading in the quarry. However the manager stopped me and said that I should be wearing a yellow one as orange wasnā€™t recognized by the industry so I stopped wearing it and reverted to yellow :unamused: I asked him why it wasnā€™t allowed and he said it wasnā€™t visible enough. :confused: I replied that he had seen me easily enough and he replied ā€œThatā€™s because you stood out from the workers in yellowā€ and he couldnā€™t understand why I laughed at that! :laughing:

Pete.

DF40:
Will try to keep up to date with truckers fashion trends.

Is double denim in or out? [emoji848]

Itā€™s fine,ā€¦ but only if you want to look like Shakin Stevenā€™s Dad. :smiley:

I couldnā€™t give a flying fig whether others think I ā€œlook like a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€ due to what Iā€™m wearing. I know Iā€™m being paid more per hour of my time than most of 'em anyway.

FWIW I wear the thing while moving around our yard, then take it off while I drive to the first drop (for no other reason than I find the reflections in the windscreen distracting). I tend to keep it on between drops as they are typically not far apart, then take it off again for the drive back to base. I generally wear it while making deliveries as my employer expects me to, as do many of our customers. I also have half an idea that if something untoward were to happen while I was outside the cab, Iā€™d not want to have any compo reduced simply because I wasnā€™t wearing the companyā€™s PPEā€¦

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I wonder when the drivers that pass me wearing their hi vis think, what a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  he isnā€™t wearing a hi vis.

m.a.n rules:
Something made me laugh recently - I saw a bloke driving a tractor unit down the M1 with a hi-viz and hard hat on. I laughed heartily. quote ezy driverā€¦

ahh, but theres method in his madness, cause by doing that he doesnā€™t have to wear his seatbeltā€¦ :wink:

I know a bloke that as soon as he gets out his car, puts his hard hat on. No requirement to wear one except in specified areas yet this bloke wears it all. Not sure if he wears it whilst driving although it wouldnā€™t surprise me.

Obviously I donā€™t speak to this chap, partly because of that and partly because he flat out ignores me if I say hello, the ignorant ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  but I know him as helmet

SJB:
On the buses we werenā€™t allowed to wear hi-viz in the cab, ā€œthe reflection of the high viz can land on the windscreen causing an obstruction to the view aheadā€ :unamused:
I always took mine off anyway, the fewer layers Iā€™m wearing, the more comfortable I feel when driving.

Yes I was told the same thing on the buses, never mind the reflection from up the bus on the windscreen, if you got a young darling in a short dress sitting at the front, cause she is too tipsy to make it up the topā€¦ thatā€™s an obstruction.

I donā€™t wear my hi viz vest driving, it doesnā€™t bother me when others do it. In my previous job I wore a hi viz polo shirt, obviously it stayed on. I will wear hi viz vest driving from one side of the depot, to the other, but once Iā€™m at gate house itā€™s off.

The P&O ferry terminal at Cairnryan has/had a sign up saying drivers must wear the hi viz inside the cab when in the terminal. I never have done, and have never been asked to do so.

m.a.n rules:

Bashing the underside of a low bridge with the cab roof when hitting the bridge might not lead to much either I suppose :slight_smile:

SJB:
On the buses we werenā€™t allowed to wear hi-viz in the cab, ā€œthe reflection of the high viz can land on the windscreen causing an obstruction to the view aheadā€ :unamused:

Iā€™ve gotta agree with them, Iā€™ve always removed my hi viz because of the reflection from the inside of the windscreen, itā€™s just too annoying.

Roymondo:
I couldnā€™t give a flying fig whether others think I ā€œlook like a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€ due to what Iā€™m wearing. I know Iā€™m being paid more per hour of my time than most of 'em anyway.

FWIW I wear the thing while moving around our yard, then take it off while I drive to the first drop (for no other reason than I find the reflections in the windscreen distracting). I tend to keep it on between drops as they are typically not far apart, then take it off again for the drive back to base. I generally wear it while making deliveries as my employer expects me to, as do many of our customers. I also have half an idea that if something untoward were to happen while I was outside the cab, Iā€™d not want to have any compo reduced simply because I wasnā€™t wearing the companyā€™s PPEā€¦

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I miss the relavance of your point tbh about being paid more per hour than someone who ā€¦quote; ā€˜ā€˜thinks you look like a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€™ā€™ :neutral_face:
How do you know this anyway? :smiley: and what if you are ?.. are us mere mortals on crap money not allowed an opinion.?

You guys driving in hi vizs doesnā€™t ā€˜ā€˜botherā€™ā€™ me, as some of you put it, (it does ā– ā– ā– ā–  amuse me though :blush: :laughing: )

I just fail to see why you would want to wear a hi viz whilst driving, or what purpose it servesā€¦irrespective of whether you ā€˜ā€˜look like a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€™ā€™ or notā€¦(but you know, you do really :smiley: )ā€¦Iā€™M JOKING. :bulb:

When you guys go to a place that supplies secondary ppe such as hair nets, or beard nets, or those bloody silly hats you get at food factories, ā€¦do you rock up at home to your Mrs still.wearing em?
Go on admit it, you do really donā€™t you :frowning:
:wink: :laughing: