Hi vis Jumpers

I hate wearing my hi vis vest or coat driving and our place up to now have been relaxed about it but obviously when on customers sites we need to comply, now our yard have started imposing the hi vis syndrome (no one has been close to death but its ISO stuff) .
We are supplied with all the PPE gear but taking the coat/vest on/off more so now gets on my ■■■■■■■, so my thought is to get one or two of those hi vis sweatshirts or jumpers.
And the question is, are they any good for the Mrs to wash or are they like Hi vis coats wash them and have a clean unsweaty but dirty coat :laughing:

Yes I am a wagon driver loading and unloading his own wagon and I create a mediocre amount of sweat to warrant a wash :sunglasses:

Why do they get you to wear your hi.viz when driving :open_mouth:

robroy:
Why do they get you to wear your hi.viz when driving :open_mouth:

Hi Rob, they dont, but I am getting fed up of jacket on/ jacket off or vest on/ vest off.
It was just about bearable but now they lords above are ISO crazy I am thinking paint myself Yella permanently and be done :wink:

Irony, my Mrs is an ISO auditor but not practising :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t mind wearing them if getting out of the motor in the dark, but hate wearing them because of the usual ott h&s b/s. I’d never wear them when driving for the simple reason you just look an absolute ■■■■ if you do, end of.
As for the sweatshirts or polos, you would have to take with you one for each day as I can’t imagine them staying clean for long.

robroy:
I don’t mind wearing them if getting out of the motor in the dark, but hate wearing them because of the usual ott h&s b/s. I’d never wear them when driving for the simple reason you just look an absolute [zb] if you do, end of.
As for the sweatshirts or polos, you would have to take with you one for each day as I can’t imagine them staying clean for long.

I am the same mate as per driving as the jacket is off.
We have a uniform and get £63 a month to wash it and expected to wear the uniform which is fine but wearing a t Shirt and our sweat shirt in winter then a supplied hi vis jacket or vest on and off my rage against the machine (subtle as it is ) would be sod the uniform hi vis it is then…BLING :open_mouth: :laughing:

Just add I load and unload my own wagon to it gets a bit physical, I don’t sweat but I do perspire occasionally :laughing: :laughing:

I wear a hi viz polo shirt, so I can just jump out the cab quickly if needed, easy to wash and when hung up, they dry quite fast :smiley:

Can’t stand the things. If im stupid enough to put myself in danger then I deserve to be run over.

Have to wear hi-vis jacket in yard but it comes off as soon as I come out of the gate, I’d look like an agency muppet otherwise :laughing: :laughing:

m1cks:
Can’t stand the things. If im stupid enough to put myself in danger then I deserve to be run over.

Da fing is gov, we can get sacked for non compliance, it has gone beyond the days of " your fault you never wore yellow" to “None compliance to company H&S rules can result in dismissal or refusal to operate on site” or words to that effect.
We all wear them every where and I understand it, if I was trunking or only had two or three drops a day ( my usual average is 4) it aint a problem but as it is quiet I am in and out of the yard doing last minute jobs (glad to be busy)
The point is the yellow sweat shirt as much as it niggles me and I have no good reason for it to niggle me :blush: would be the way for an easy life.

Nickers to you all, I am getting a pink one :open_mouth:

In answer to your question mate, they don’t hold grease stains as badly as a hi viz vest because they are made out of a different material. But like any brightly coloured garments, like your frilly knickers etc :laughing: , they look old after a coupla washes and do get permanently stained soon enough.

robroy:
I don’t mind wearing them if getting out of the motor in the dark, but hate wearing them because of the usual ott h&s b/s**. I’d never wear them when driving for the simple reason you just look an absolute [zb] if you do, end of.**

Jesus… who cares what you look like or what anyone else thinks…

Willy waivers

Drift, I got some but have now been banned from wearing them because they are not safe enough for ADR(gas)(Don’t ask :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ).
I have a few yellow and orange XL I think, if you PM me your postal address I’m happy to pass them on.

When I used to work for First bus you were not allowed to drive with Hi Viz on. The reason was because it dazzled other road users when their lights shone on it.

koikeeper:

robroy:
I don’t mind wearing them if getting out of the motor in the dark, but hate wearing them because of the usual ott h&s b/s**. I’d never wear them when driving for the simple reason you just look an absolute [zb] if you do, end of.**

Jesus… who cares what you look like or what anyone else thinks…

Well, evidently not you for one :wink: as for me yes to the first, no to the second :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: only here could youget fashion advice about ppe, love it :laughing:
thanks guys

I wear a hi-vis hoodie have done for ages. Dickies do a nice one its comfortable and warm and wash’s fine in the weekly wash in machine. Most stains come out.

Don’t see the issue when driving if your in and out of places all day. Who wants to keep messing about putting a vest on or off. Shame now as a driver your judged for what you wear. Personally rough old t-shirts or tops with a scabby old vest over the top looks stupid to me have some pride in yourself.

The new H&S seems to be orange with high viz , Yes you have been tangoed, i do a lot rail crap which is over the top on P C

m_attt:
I wear a hi-vis hoodie have done for ages. Dickies do a nice one its comfortable and warm and wash’s fine in the weekly wash in machine. Most stains come out.

Don’t see the issue when driving if your in and out of places all day. Who wants to keep messing about putting a vest on or off. Shame now as a driver your judged for what you wear. Personally rough old t-shirts or tops with a scabby old vest over the top looks stupid to me have some pride in yourself.

Why do you assume that if you don’t want to look like a prick driving in your hi viz, you would go for the homeless tramp look rather than a neat alternative option. :neutral_face: