Hi, newbie question about weight (mine!)

Hi all,

I’m new to these forums (first post) and am considering a career change to LGV driving. My question is regarding the medical test and whether you think my weight (around 19-20 stone) would be an issue that could cause a failure/refusal. I’m just under 6ft, mid forties, and reasonably healthy apart from that.

I appreciate you aren’t going to be medically qualified to answer specifically, but any general guidance you’re aware of so I can “weigh up” (pun intended) whether to wait a few months and lose a few stone, would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

HoneyMonster:
Hi all,

I’m new to these forums (first post) and am considering a career change to LGV driving. My question is regarding the medical test and whether you think my weight (around 19-20 stone) would be an issue that could cause a failure/refusal. I’m just under 6ft, mid forties, and reasonably healthy apart from that.

I appreciate you aren’t going to be medically qualified to answer specifically, but any general guidance you’re aware of so I can “weigh up” (pun intended) whether to wait a few months and lose a few stone, would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

First point: WELCOME.

You’ve asked a very good question, here’s a response:

:open_mouth: Touchy subject :open_mouth: PM being sent :wink:

I’d doubt you’d fail it.

I am 6’4" and 23 Stone and I passed it.

To be fair I’m also a rugby playing member of the Terratorial Army Infantry and can do the bpfa (1.5mile) in 9mins flat. But being heavy isnt a reason to fail you as long as you dont have any conditions that stem from this (diabeties, blackouts etc).

Shouldnt be a problem mate,

On my medical, i jumped on the scales to get a reading of ‘one at a time please’

As already said, as long as you dont have conditions that go with being overwieght then you should be fine!!

:smiley: :smiley: