hi friends

lizard:
Oh well. It looks like your having an extra night out and a run in on Saturday.
You’ve now got 3 choices.

1. Leave the truck in Swansea and go home by some kind of transport.
  2. Night it out and do a run in
  3. Grow some balls and tell your office to go [zb] themselves, and get you a job that gets you home.
    You come on here and moan about everything and that you will walk home if you have to, because you don’t do run in’s.
    Well it looks like a long walk.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

I was just after a lift home

peirre:
As soon as I saw the title I knew it was going to be amusing :laughing:

I’m not laughing

xichrisxi:
Dozy,you are a plank…Just pull your card and crack on if you get pulled tell them it’s a stobrats special job and they’ll probably give you a Blu light ■■■■■■ home as they will realise how important you are.

last time I pulled my card for a few mins it costed me £770 and a caution from the t/c so I don’t think that’s a good idea

the maoster:
It’s Wednesday, they’ve got all day tomorrow to change your run after you’ve told them that you can’t do it and why. You are going to tell them that surely?

I told him it’s not possible , he said ignore the times and make sure I ring in for a reload :unamused: I was hoping he was listening but thurs morn it’s still there , do they get you home ok at xpo ? , I asked bil if there were any vacancies at xpo, he said no

Rowley010:
The planning on that run does seem a bit daft. It looks like it should be loaded and then trunk down to sout Wales by a night driver, changeover then a day driver/day tramper can do the run.

Just tell em dozy. It’s not doable legally because even if your on time at the last one you wouldn’t have time to get tipped and parked up.

it does rowley when they’ve a depot at Newport , either get one of them to pick it up / tip it then back to Newport , or I could pick it up fro Wellingborough and change over with one of them , but it’s falling on deaf ears , he keeps saying start at midnight then thinks I can work until 5/6/7 pm , it’s starting to make me feel I’ll now , all the stress , so I’m just going to take anything , brakes have class 2 on days , not what I wanted but at least I’ll be home every night and not worrying about Friday

AndrewG:
Whats so wrong in just running back in early Sat morning?? Unless im reading this wrong, youre going to leave the truck just to get home and then have to find your way back to pick it up Monday?? FFS :laughing:

I won’t be fetching the truck back , they’ll have to get it back to my depot for me to use Monday , but I’m not feeling to good , talking to myself and walking the Lorry park early hours again , not settling , so i don’t think I’ll be ok to work Monday

mdourish:
My turn for steak this week

Don’t forget the furburger too

I think the planner is having some kind of breakdown , he’s left the Friday job on me , but put this job on me for today but I started at midnight ( 21.30 tip tonight ) , so he’s got me working , midnight - 21.30 minimum today , then starting midnight tomorrow , something is not right with him , possibly pressure , it’s just bizzare what he’s putting down

peirre:

mdourish:

Had the furburger a while back wasn’t that good I’ll leave that for dipper Dave

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

:confused:

Dozy go sick at midnight Friday and drive home, grow some

Richard8:
Dozy go sick at midnight Friday and drive home, grow some

Not a chance of that happening,this is the guy that nearly missed his holiday flight because he wouldn’t stand up to the planner king :angry:

dozy:
I was just wondering if someone could help me , I’ve a midnight start on Friday

I’d have told them to sod off at that point. Seriously its time to get off the Stobart merry go round.

Conor:

dozy:
I was just wondering if someone could help me , I’ve a midnight start on Friday

I’d have told them to sod off at that point. Seriously its time to get off the Stobart merry go round.

Nah he’s already had that moan about starting at 12:01am and getting day rate :smiley:

mdourish:

peirre:

mdourish:

Had the furburger a while back wasn’t that good

What do you expect, it’s bound to go off when the burger & steak was freshly prepared on Friday, but left around untouched until Saturday / Sunday

took the 21.30 load at 12.30 today , just said drop it in yard , go out solo , and get back for 1 am for your load ( I was told stobarts had got some / all home base work , and the fact they let me just drop tri kinda of confirms it ,I’m hoping they may change my run , it looks like they dish the work out there and maybe ignore what planner has put , I did say I would be out of hours at 13.00 if I started midnight

well it’s not really me but I had my say , I wasn’t happy ( he gets told every week I won’t run in / work o/t ( I mean Xtra ) shift ) but as I said I’ve not got a cat in hells chance , so he said could I start at 2 am , well I guess but I’m out of hours at 15.00 so can’t get back still s, so jobs been changed to a Rochdale at 8 I think it is , I’m happy with that , so he says are you ok with that yes , sorted , well I thought I was and this pops up , I know mcbrides but not this place at Sutton in Ashfield , . But it’s a 16.00 booking :exclamation: :exclamation: , so if they won’t tip me / I don’t get there until 16.00 I’m still stuffed , I then have to get tipped and back ,
I really struggle to understand how he can’t grasp I’m out of hours at 15.00 , I have to be in the yard by 15.00 , why when you’ve gone through all this on the phone , telling him your out of hours at 15.00 would you then put a job on that driver with a tipping time of 16.00 , when he’s only got until 15.00 , I’m lost with his reasoning , I’ve had some ■■■■■■■ planners , but he just seems like he can’t grasp the fact you can be out of hours / 3x15 , 2x 13
I’ll do my best but if I can’t do it I’m taking it back to the yard , there’s only so much you can do and say and if they won’t listen , you’ve just got to do what’s right for you

So Dozy,
this pish happens every Friday too you.

There are more than 1500 others Drivers (of which some are on this Forum) working for Stobarts.

• I never read anything like your stories from them
  • I don’t think they’re planning is that bad that everybody has to run in on Saturdays.

You can make it up sometimes.

Can anybody who worked for them (Beaver, UKtramp etc) confirm what the norm is with Stobarts?
Or is Dozy just a poor fella who gets all this crap?

I know planning is sh…t with Stobarts and they pile the work on you but it can’t be that bad■■?[emoji849]

I think most Trampers get home on their 5th day or■■? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji849]

Tipperdipper1:
So Dozy,
this pish happens every Friday too you.

There are more than 1500 others Drivers (of which some are on this Forum) working for Stobarts.

• I never read anything like your stories from them
  • I don’t think they’re planning is that bad that everybody has to run in on Saturdays.

You can make it up sometimes.

Can anybody who worked for them (Beaver, UKtramp etc) confirm what the norm is with Stobarts?
Or is Dozy just a poor fella who gets all this crap?

I know planning is sh…t with Stobarts and they pile the work on you but it can’t be that bad■■?[emoji849]

I think most Trampers get home on their 5th day or■■? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji849]

if you’re right why were 2 bringing the trucks back last week , according to lad in our office one is one of the easiest going drivers , he’d said he couldn’t get the job done he’d been given ( as me ) , so what did they do give him a worse one , why have we drivers threatening every week to abandon the trucks and walk ( there answer you can’t leave the truck at the side of the road , but you can the drivers for 9/11 hrs )
why do lots not moan , obvious there happy to run in , I know plenty who think £22.50 + 1 hr pay is marvellous for sleeping in a truck on a Friday night
as for beaver I’m sure he had the same planners I’ve got now , I’m sure he commented more than once on them
its not rocket science , I’m starting at 2 ( there request I’ve been on midnight all week ) , so he knows I’ve only got a 13 left , 15.00 , we spoke on phone , he even said you’ve got until 15.00 , yes , I need to be in yard at 15.00 , so he plans a job with a tipping time of 16.00 , why ,
well I think he’s hoping I’ll run in so chancing his arm , somebody is going to have to do it , if it all goes swimmingly then I might get that extra ££££££ run that boost his pay
I’ve no idea , I shouldn’t of come back , it was ok when I came back but since our planning has been moved elsewhere it’s gone down hill
but as for your idea everyone else is happy , not the ones I speak to there not , and not the ones at my depot
but it shouldn’t be like it , simple just plan the driver to the hours he has avaliable , not plan a driver to a job you need doing whether he has the hours or not
Swansea , Bridgend , Cardiff etc to a bloody Midlands driver , when you’ve a depot at Newport , Rochdale , wouldn’t a Appleton driver heading home make more sense :exclamation:
but yea your right everyone bar me at stobarts thinks it’s ■■■■■■■ wonderfull ,
I would , I’ve 2-15.00 , plan me within those hours and I’d be fine

It’s almost like his planner is on here reading all this crap and does it purpose :sunglasses: