Hi All, new to the Forum & Trucking world

Hi,
Happy new year to you all.

Hope Im OK to post on the forum. this message is not ment to be SPAM… I’ll keep web links out of the post.

Im after a bit of info for some market research and you might just be the people to help.

I own a stainless exhaust company, me make custom systems for cars and bikes and so on, also sell the components to other fabricators around the UK. Recently we have taken on the role of distributing the range of Aero Exhaust USA silencers around the UK and Europe.

So why am I posting on a Truck Forum…

I need some average MPG figures and yearly distance figures…and the types of rig you drive if possable (inc engine size)
Also what the cost is for aftermarket exhaust systems for your trucks and if there are any laws and regulations regarding the exhaust systems I should know about

Aero Exhaust USA advertise the fact that there Patented Silencer Design found only in the Aero Turbine range of silencers

(Aerofoil, spliting the gas into a fast and slow path and rejoining the gas to increase the pull through of the exhaust)

increases Power & torque
gives better MPG
Reduces engine running tempreture

!!! especialy on Large Diesel Engines!!!.

In large Yank Diesel Pickup trucks they quote mpg as increasing from 0.5 to 1.5mpg (& thats a small US Gallon :open_mouth: )…now thats 5 to 15%!!!

Now this is " American Advertising" and as a Small UK company I want to make sure that these results can be verified before I start shouting too loudly about them. From what Ive seen so for with systems we have built on turbocharged performance cars Im very impressed with the results.

Is there anyone in the Lincoln,Lincolnshire UK Area that would be interested in performing a months test on a system, so we can have some hard figures and also test the sound levels and what would be needed.

I have imported 4 x 4" in out silencers for use on a test, I can produce these into a system.

Cost… Nothing if you dont want to keep the system after the month, if you do want to keep the system…Then it depends on what the system construction takes… The first one will be at cost price of the components and no more than that.

Anyway please post up what you think or any info you could share would be great

Cheers
Fin

Might have been an idea to contact the website admins before posting, :bulb: :wink: however as you are asking for info and not overly advertising :wink: It can stay, howver I am moving it to the owner operators forum where it will proably be more suited- Rikki

Sorry Rikki, Thanks for the move.

A picture of the inside of the silencer, so you know what were on about, As you can see its a little different to the norm.

Fin-Dynoflow:
Is there anyone in the Lincoln,Lincolnshire UK Area that would be interested in performing a months test on a system, so we can have some hard figures and also test the sound levels and what would be needed.

Cost… Nothing if you dont want to keep the system after the month, if you do want to keep the system…Then it depends on what the system construction takes… The first one will be at cost price of the components and no more than that.

:open_mouth: :unamused: So you want people to give up a month of their time so that you get a free guinea pig to test your systems on, and then at the end of it if they want to keep it they’ll have to pay you?

Hmm, yeah, that sounds like a cracking deal to me. :unamused:

Nope!

Im looking for some one based local to us , to do there job as normal. Earn there money as normal & while doing this . Proving a product that has a potential to save a lot of money for commercial vehicle owners,. …

As apposed to me just using the American information and selling it unproven on Euro style trucks and engines…like so many ‘wonder products’ out there

We will need the vehicle for a few hours to correctly fabricate a stainless steel exhaust system

And at the end of the month trial… the owner has a choice, Keep said stainless steel exhaust system for a stupidly low price which we will loose £100’s on …sorry guys Im a small business, I can not just give complete stainless exhaust systems away, BUT what I will say is It will depend on components needed to fit the box… IE if we can do the job with out much fabrication and use of components then Im sure it will be better for both partys to GIVE a Silencer away

or

if it dosnt work as planned or the owner requests it anyway , We put things back to how they were. And @ least we tried

After reading the forum posts in different sections and seeing the totals you have been paying for fuel a 1.5 to 2% mpg saving could make a worth while difference to the fuel bills in a year. (I thought our 5.7 Chevy had a drink problem until now :open_mouth: )

Hope this dosnt come across wrong, its all ment in a positive way

Fin-Dynoflow:
Nope!

Im looking for some one based local to us , to do there job as normal. Earn there money as normal & while doing this . Proving a product that has a potential to save a lot of money for commercial vehicle owners,. …

As apposed to me just using the American information and selling it unproven on Euro style trucks and engines…like so many ‘wonder products’ out there

We will need the vehicle for a few hours to correctly fabricate a stainless steel exhaust system

And at the end of the month trial… the owner has a choice, Keep said stainless steel exhaust system for a stupidly low price which we will loose £100’s on …sorry guys Im a small business, I can not just give complete stainless exhaust systems away, BUT what I will say is It will depend on components needed to fit the box… IE if we can do the job with out much fabrication and use of components then Im sure it will be better for both partys to GIVE a Silencer away

or

if it dosnt work as planned or the owner requests it anyway , We put things back to how they were. And @ least we tried

After reading the forum posts in different sections and seeing the totals you have been paying for fuel a 1.5 to 2% mpg saving could make a worth while difference to the fuel bills in a year. (I thought our 5.7 Chevy had a drink problem until now :open_mouth: )

Hope this dosnt come across wrong, its all ment in a positive way

All you’ve done is repeat your original post but mixed the words up a bit. You still want someone to provide you with a truck free gratis for you to do your experiments on and give nothing in return; in fact, you actually want them to pay you for it. :open_mouth: You’re clearly not right in the head.

In fact, you have the business sense of a kindergarten class on crack. If you want your product to sell then you need to foot the development and testing costs yourself, otherwise you have to pay someone else to do them for you. If you can’t afford that then you need to do a lot of grovelling to the people who could test it for you and offer them something in return for their trouble and time, and in your situation the absolute least you should be doing is letting them keep the product if they so wish, not taking it back off them and saying “oh by the way, cheers for your time and trouble, if you want to keep the product then you’ll have to buy it, but we’ll knock you 20% off as a gesture of good will”. :unamused: It’s an absolute insult.

I’d love to see you try this on Dragon’s Den. There’d be a chorus of “I’m out” before you’d even finished the first sentence of your pitch. :unamused:

RIGHT

LETS TRY THIS AGAIN… as Rob is fighting a good game :wink: (Kindergarten on crack…lol made me laugh) ,

SOD IT only way to win here is to let Rob have his :smiling_imp: way :laughing:

A FREE STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST SYSTEM IS AVAILABLE IN RETURN FOR CONTINUED MPG FIGURES
Is that any better Rob

applications via email please or by PM on here

sales@dynoflow.co.uk

Regards
Fin

:open_mouth: :laughing: Thanks for your PM, I totally understand and it’s no worries. You have PM waiting in reply. :slight_smile:

Its OK Rob, I can take the odd beating on the Chin :wink:

ANYWAY…Moving on

Im struggling to find the following information.

• NOISE LIMITS for commercial vehicles (if there are any) And how the Limits are measured

Fin-Dynoflow:
I need some average MPG figures and yearly distance figures…and the types of rig you drive if possable (inc engine size)

Can’t help with the distance figures or any other part of your post, but the mpg will vary greatly on how much weight the truck is pulling. At full legal weight in the UK which is 44 tonnes, you’ll be looking at around 7-8mpg and that’s with a tri-axle unit and tri-axle trailer. The unit for that kind of mpg will probably have an 11 or 12 litre engine, and be between 400-480hp. You’ll be looking to lose about 1mpg off that figure for the larger engines and higher outputs, ie. 13-16 litre lumps producing anything from 480-600+ hp. That’s a rough guide anyhow.

In large Yank Diesel Pickup trucks they quote mpg as increasing from 0.5 to 1.5mpg (& thats a small US Gallon )…now thats 5 to 15%!!!

i just love the way he says that

Hi Carl,
Thanks for the PM.

:wink: Just one way the US gets more gallons out of a barrel of black gold :laughing:

I think youve guessed we need to do this test with a Euro style truck. BUT leave it with me… I think it could make a great feature for a few of the magazines with your truck…

Can you email me some pictures of your truck

Cheers
Fin
sales@dynoflow.co.uk

thanks but i just found out my wife paper work. came in so she can come to the states. i would have tryed that out. coz my truck dont do that good mpg. but then the diesel is better then what we have in the states coz we have more sulphur in it.
so y’all have a good time i get to go back to the states i’ll kind of miss england more the beer them english people lmao

carl1967:
thanks but i just found out my wife paper work. came in so she can come to the states. i would have tryed that out. coz my truck dont do that good mpg. but then the diesel is better then what we have in the states coz we have more sulphur in it.
so y’all have a good time i get to go back to the states i’ll kind of miss england more the beer them english people lmao

:laughing: All the best to ya Carl,

Engines are designed to run with a certain amount of back pressure, this is created by the silencer.

Removing (or lessening) the back pressure by changing the silencer design will therefor increase mpg & power output. However, what other long term effects it may or may not have on the engine, i don’t know.

Also, assuming we’re talking stack systems here? Though there is no doubting they look & sound well, some companies won’t employ subbies who have them on their units as they blacken the trailers.

Other than that, good luck with the venture. Keep us informed of the outcome of any tests. (need to use a truck that does fairly repetitive work).

Thanks for the post.

Interesting regarding the hiring of trucks with stacks.

Im looking forward to getting some hard ‘British’ facts on the table for us all.

Its going to take a few months to get the official results for this Im affraid.

We have a few interested partys, from a small local company to one of you guys hauling 44t’s on a regular basis also a local Bus company has shown interest.