HGV Pumps & puddle jumpers

Last week I saw a bloke queue for ages to get his Transit on to HGV lane when the forecourt was empty and he put about £30 of fuel in. Today I pulled into the BP at Orsett and both lanes had 7.5t box trucks on them, when the bloke in the one in front of me had ambled back he ■■■■■■ about for about a minute before finally leaving the pump. He had filled up with 35 litres and presumably some crap from the shop as he was gone forever.

It really ■■■■■■ me off as there is loads of space under the canopy there, indeed there was a bloke filling his 7.5t on a pump there. By the time the puddle jumpers had buggered off there was a few motors waiting to fill up.

I quite agree when they go doing shopping and put bugger all fuel in ,but when you go on a normal pump with 7.5t you normally need both lanes ,on a busy forecourt 2 cars never go at the same time, if one car goes by the time the other dose,a 3rd car has reversed up and blocked the job up again.

In there defence some keyfuels msa sites only pumps on hgv side accept keyfuels card
Cheivley leigh delamare on m4 just two i know of

So if on keyfuels then they have no choice

Ordinarily I’d not be bothered but both places have really large forecourts that a 7.5t doesn’t block up too badly. If it’s busy at one of them and I’m not too desperate I’ll use a normal pump on the corner and stay at 100 litres.

gettin-on:
In there defence some keyfuels msa sites only pumps on hgv side accept keyfuels card

That’s right ,i regularly feel a ■■■ when i fill up a sprinter at a hgv pump because the ones on the forecourt aren’t key fuels ,wetherby services is a good example .Also the diesel goes all over my boots because it fills up so quick and the fat nozzle doesn’t fit the poxy fuel tank .

Had to pull into Holmwood the other day …oh how they laughed :cry:

Pardon my ignorance but why are 7.5t’s called puddle jumpers ?

Schofield:

cos their small and cute not like the liners of the highway :wink:

martyh:
Also the diesel goes all over my boots because it fills up so quick and the fat nozzle doesn’t fit the poxy fuel tank .

Ooh matron! :smiley:

Contraflow:

martyh:
Also the diesel goes all over my boots because it fills up so quick and the fat nozzle doesn’t fit the poxy fuel tank .

Ooh matron! :smiley:

:grimacing: :grimacing:

Does it really matter?
Chill out. Lifes too short.

martyh:

Schofield:

cos their small and cute not like the liners of the highway :wink:

And they’re not driven by “proper” drivers like some people on here :laughing:
Bernard

limeyphil:
Does it really matter?

No
Yes
Yes

Just irritating that’s all.

martyh:

gettin-on:

That’s right ,i regularly feel a ■■■ when i fill up a sprinter at a hgv pump because the ones on the forecourt aren’t key fuels ,wetherby services is a good example .Also the diesel goes all over my boots because it fills up so quick and the fat nozzle doesn’t fit the poxy fuel tank .

I often fill our Transit using HGV pumps, when putting 80-100 litres in its a lot quicker than using a civilian pump.

If only a splash and dash I’ll use a car pump though.

8wheels:

limeyphil:
Does it really matter?

No
Yes
Yes

Just irritating that’s all.

I’d get some cream for it. :laughing:

Some fuel cards have Morrisons super markets, and depending on the height, you can fill there, but it is a lot of messing about with an artic, if you like wasting time go there.

Why do so many have big wheeler syndrome?

Cos they just luuuurrrv big wheels :unamused:
But I do get a bit annoyed when the vehicle in front puts ten quid’s-worth of fuel in then spends half an hour doing his weekly shop before meandering slowly back to his vehicle.

filled up 7/5 on car pumps at bp boreham interchange once ,only to be hailed at over loudspeakers ,went and asked them what prob was they said im blocking view of all the cars they need to see on camera etc ,and to use hgv only :exclamation:

dew:

martyh:

gettin-on:

I often fill our Transit using HGV pumps, when putting 80-100 litres in its a lot quicker than using a civilian pump.

surprised you can get 80 in one let alone 100 ,78 is the most i have ever managed

d4c24a:

dew:

martyh:

gettin-on:

surprised you can get 80 in one let alone 100 ,78 is the most i have ever managed

One of ours has the upgraded tank in (think it’s about 120 litres!)

My usual has the standard 80 Litre, I got 76 into it one!