HGV Pumps & puddle jumpers

I’ll take as long as it takes. I don’t moan when others take there time. But I usually pull off the pump soon as I’m full.

Its the lazy ■■■■■■■■ in hgv that pull on the pumps to go buy a coffee that annoy me, they wouldnt be so fat if they used their legs and walked from the parking area.

toby1234abc:
Some fuel cards have Morrisons super markets, and depending on the height, you can fill there, but it is a lot of messing about with an artic, if you like wasting time go there.

My firm uses FuelGenie cards, which don’t have a pin number (so can’t be used at a 24-hour pump, as you have to go into the kiosk to sign), and they are valid only at Tosco and Morrisons. Good for points, and most of the forecourts are big enough for my puddle-jumper, but I hate having to go off route to find one, though the sat-nav app works quite well. I’m sure that the 1-3p a litre saving is more than offset by the often 10 mile diversion to find one!

One aspect that neither Tosco or Morrisons have got right yet is that they don’t carry Ad-Blu, so I still have to go to a ‘proper’ fuel stop to buy some, then reclaim it on expenses. Over the past year, I have noticed an increase in the number of bigger trucks using Tosco but have yet to see an artic in there filling up.

I think FuelGenie is a Tosco/Morrisons joint venture as both of them have stopped accepting KeyFuels/Allstar/most other fuel cards. :unamused:

Cheggy:
Its the lazy [zb] in hgv that pull on the pumps to go buy a coffee that annoy me, they wouldnt be so fat if they used their legs and walked from the parking area.

In fairness I’ve seen that quite a bit too.

Yep it’s mostly about the keyfuel cards and partly about the delivery rate … for 7.5T at least. Who wants to stand about for 10 mins with their hand freezing to the nozzle cos there is no “stay on” clip on the pumps under the canopy? Also canopy pumps auto shut off after 100 L in a lot of places.

I filled a 7.5T up at the HGV pumps once and some big bruiser came up to me and told me I couldn’t unload there and I should move. I would have knocked him out if he wasn’t bigger than me and had a more impressive set of wheels than me. Instead I just told him sorry, but I’m putting fuel in my small lorry then I will be right out of your way. Other than that, no one has given a toss.

Never having had anything to do with Keyfuels I didn’t realise that some pumps were more equal than others.

8wheels:
Never having had anything to do with Keyfuels I didn’t realise that some pumps were more equal than others.

Indeed they are. Fueled up at leigh delemare in a 7.5t under the canopy and presented my key fuels card and was told I could only use card at hgv pumps. Bit too late after I had sloshed £100 worth in. So now I use hgv pumps all the time. These days I’m in an 18tonner. Still get looks from artic drivers that say I should be using the car pumps. It’s all about the number of axles dontcha know.

albion1938:

martyh:

Schofield:
Pardon my ignorance but why are 7.5t’s called puddle jumpers ?

cos their small and cute not like the liners of the highway :wink:

And they’re not driven by “proper” drivers like some people on here :laughing:
Bernard

“You can only ■■■ with the prick your given”

So if I’m getting paid fair money ill drive an artic, rigid, puddle jumper or peddle and pop if the money is right.

I like driving 7.5t truck cause you can take them just about anywhere :slight_smile:

8wheels:

Same here? I thought diesel was diesel? It pops up on the till asking for ££££££

Maybe they put crapper fuel in the HGV lane pumps?

thelorryist:

albion1938:

martyh:

Schofield:
Pardon my ignorance but why are 7.5t’s called puddle jumpers ?

cos their small and cute not like the liners of the highway :wink:

And they’re not driven by “proper” drivers like some people on here :laughing:
Bernard

“You can only [zb] with the prick your given”

So if I’m getting paid fair money ill drive an artic, rigid, puddle jumper or peddle and pop if the money is right.

I like driving 7.5t truck cause you can take them just about anywhere :-)

And you can throw them about like a skinny bird with no worries