Hgv cv

Been ringing round some firms about a job and they all come back with the same crap,send in your cv.im am a hgv class1 driver thanks, so what are you to mentioning on it, I’ve have had 24 jobs in the last 2 years,I learnt a load of different things in the 24 jobs ive had.
Yours hopefully bungle

24 jobs in 2 years? A new job every month? Suprised you are still driving and not had 36 career changes

In all honesty im no expert but 24 jobs in 2 years doesnt soumd appealing to an employer i wouldnt have thought.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That’s my point I’ve been at this place for 8 years doing the same thing containers does not sound to good for other type of work.you no as I do you drive here and do this ,but what do they want to see on the cv,word and mouth used to work

Jonbones89:
24 jobs in 2 years? A new job every month? Suprised you are still driving and not had 36 career changes

In all honesty im no expert but 24 jobs in 2 years doesnt soumd appealing to an employer i wouldnt have thought.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He’ll be agency.

Which is no bad thing. I actually think company men look up to agency drivers. They see us come in and ignore the office staff if we chose. They see us earning more money. They see us not having to do things like put diesel in the truck if we don’t feel like it. And they realise they probably couldn’t hack being able to master driving different trucks and do different jobs all the time. It’s a jealous respect they have. A bit like a none league footballer looking at a premiership player.

We also look at you and think, I wonder what he’s going to do in January and February with no or little work

DickyNick:
We also look at you and think, I wonder what he’s going to do in January and February with no or little work

Now personally as someone who passed his class 2 in January - I’ve never been short of work. I’ve always been offered far more than I can ever take on. But I’m lucky with the area I reside.

It also helps that on January 1st I’m taking 4 months out of my normal life - my partner and I are jetting off for a long holiday/travelling. I have no fear that if I chose to drive a truck when I come back there will be an abundance of companies willing to overpay me to drive for them.

Does the world stop spending or do the shops shut for a couple of months in January and February?
Do people stop taking holidays or going sick plus any other family issues?
Some people like agency work some don’t

I was fishing and your biting

thatl be the blind leading the blind then?

All good replies but none answered the question.what do they want to see on a cv

malcolmgbell:
All good replies but none answered the question.what do they want to see on a cv

Think of all the pointless speels of pish that you’ve seen and heard from these types of clowns. You’re not a driver, you’re a “logistical movements professional”. That type of eye rolling guff.

Make a load of rubbish up and shuffle it around in to some kind of order.

Or work for real transport companies.

It should be condensed onto one page because recruitment bods are too lazy to read beyond the first, have any information relevant to your job (licences, DCPC) and have around 5 to 10 years work history. Put two references on it.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

as above.
your details.
pass date,
current endorsements
work history
adr or hiab ect
work references.if none,solicitor or similar who will vouch for your exemplary character
and a couple of companies who have went bust so they cant contact them.
short and concise as they wont read it anyway.
for the more down to earth companies like lots over here its,
have you got a licence
where were you working
how long can you stay out for
can you go out on tonights boat.
look at all the taliban and flipflops working around you.
the only references they have is a photograph of an eye chart and they all get jobs.
if your knocking on doors and get nose to nose with someone that matters thatl mean 100 times more to your chance of getting a start.
anything else,just lie through your teeth if you want the job and wing it once you get started.
theres plenty of drivers ike myself who years ago just went into a new job thinking.ogodogodogodogod christ,thats it started,please let me find a gear so i can limp this thing out of the yard and work it out when nobodys looking,and please dont let me take the side out of anything till im round the corner.

malcolmgbell:

Your cv will look something like this…

Personal Information Details
Name
D.O.B
The area you live
Contact number
email address

Driving License
C+E X years experience
C X years experience
If you have 0 endorsements then mention it. If you have some, leave it off.
CPC Valid until X

Employment History
Name of agency
Date of employment
Notable clients - Stobart, DHL, XPO, etc etc
Bullet point your experience of curtainside, flatbed, fridge, containers etc

An employer will only spend about 30 seconds looking at your cv. So keep it to 1 page. We’re lorry drivers, not doctoral candidates lol. If you want to, PM me your email address and I’ll send you my cv so you have a blank canvas to work from.

If all you think you need to put in a CV is that then he’d be better off passing on the offer.

Where is the skills list section? In that it would show the types of vehicle he’s driven, types of trailers he’s worked with (flat, curtain, skellie etc), types of load he’s carried etc. Yes we’re lorry drivers but the people going through the CVs are usually office wallers who have a completely different expectation of what is in a CV.

The skills section is arguably more important than a list of where you’ve worked. A well written skills section managed to get me an interview 2 years ago in an electronics and software development company where I was offered the job on the spot even though I’d been driving trucks for almost all of the previous two decades.

Conor:
If all you think you need to put in a CV is that then he’d be better off passing on the offer.

Where is the skills list section? In that it would show the types of vehicle he’s driven, types of trailers he’s worked with (flat, curtain, skellie etc), types of load he’s carried etc. Yes we’re lorry drivers but the people going through the CVs are usually office wallers who have a completely different expectation of what is in a CV.

The skills section is arguably more important than a list of where you’ve worked. A well written skills section managed to get me an interview 2 years ago in an electronics and software development company where I was offered the job on the spot even though I’d been driving trucks for almost all of the previous two decades.

Could you show us your skills section? Maybe we could all benefit from it

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ^^^ didn’t take you long to make your mind up buddy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Do a quick Google search for cv templates. Make sure you get a UK one. It’s a good starting point. Your CV gets you the interview, the interview gets you the job.

the maoster:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ^^^ didn’t take you long to make your mind up buddy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the reply should bump this instantly up to 137 pages ,probably moreso once the overqualified playing at driving for amusement to pass the time newbie dreamers read it.
…oh,and trampys lot :slight_smile:

Thanks