Hey guys do you ring 999 or 101?

Yesterday was looking for a place to take my 45 found space on a estate no double yellow or nothing only thing is if I parked normally I’d essentially be blocking the road a little.

2 other truck in front of me parked on the kerb so I copied them:/ tried ringing 101 but was on hold for 30min as we all know truck need permission from plod for parking on kerb do I ring 999 next time I’m in this situation I don’t understand

Oh I forgot to mention I’m new

I wouldnt ring 999 for that.I would just di what you have to do without calling anyone

thing is 999 Does get a result ,im forever reading of folk ringing it for all sorts of reasons

You say…

Parked on a kerb, is that blocking a pavement? If it is, you should be shot at dawn!

I honestly can’t remember ever thinking about calling plod to park anywhere. I’ve always found somewhere to stop safely and crash out in the passenger seat. Can I ask, had you driven close to your 4 and a half?

yourhavingalarf:
You say…

Parked on a kerb, is that blocking a pavement? If it is, you should be shot at dawn!

I honestly can’t remember ever thinking about calling plod to park anywhere. I’ve always found somewhere to stop safely and crash out in the passenger seat. Can I ask, had you driven close to your 4 and a half?

Not close, had maybe an hour spare but the spot I found was In shade and near shops etc. And no not blocking the kerb wheelchair could get passed but don’t we need police permission as only hgv are menace and monsters we have to ask …

Just be aware you can get fined for having wheels on a pavement, even on industrial estates, not just DVSA and Plod, but Council also, and private parking enforcement types as well (many industrial estates are ran like private property.

Not having anywhere else to park won’t be seen a reason to do it.

I knew a lad put his front nearside wheel on a rectangular, concrete, telecoms “man hole cover”, it collapsed leaving the vehicle physically trapped, and him well and truly in the soft-stuff.

Highway Code Rule 244
“You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.”

Law GL(GP)A sect 15

Someone else was doing it? So what?

999 is for Emergencies.
Nothing else.

Emergencies, only.

Franglais:
Highway Code Rule 244
“You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.”

Law GL(GP)A sect 15

Someone else was doing it? So what?

999 is for Emergencies.
Nothing else.

Lol but the point I’m getting across is there another highway code rule saying hgv can’t park on a kerb period unless with police permission read that one up

Emergencies, only.

TruckDriverBen:
Lol but the point I’m getting across is there another highway code rule saying hgv can’t park on a kerb period unless with police permission read that one up

I`ve looked up the Highway Code reference for you, and it is written MUST NOT. It is a law.
If you want someone to look up the rules about ringing 999, so a cop can give you permission to break the law, I suggest you ask someone else.

There is no way in hell the Old Bill would give you permission to park on the pavement, if only for the possibility in case something resulted from it,…then they are dropping themselves right in it.
They are more likely to come around after the phone call and nick you. :smiley:

Tbh I would never even have thought about ringing them for that in a million years,. nor would I ever do it anyway.
And specially certainly NOT via 999.

Fairly poor effort, 2/10. Tho you have taken a few in so credit for that

switchlogic:

It seems…

Legitimate to me and who cares if it is a wind up. I’ve learned more about parking here than my last round of checking the inside of my eyelids for £300+. The amount of inane and stupid questions that appear here are a testimony to the absolute failure of the DCPC. If the alleged ‘qualification’ had any bollox at all, we could all be 100% confident as to what is and what isn’t a wind up on here.

As it stands, I can’t think of a better illustration of how pointless the ‘fall asleep for 35 hours’ qualification is.

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:

It seems…

Legitimate to me and who cares if it is a wind up. I’ve learned more about parking here than my last round of checking the inside of my eyelids for £300+. The amount of inane and stupid questions that appear here are a testimony to the absolute failure of the DCPC. If the alleged ‘qualification’ had any bollox at all, we could all be 100% confident as to what is and what isn’t a wind up on here.

As it stands, I can’t think of a better illustration of how pointless the ‘fall asleep for 35 hours’ qualification is.

That’s it chap, let it all out, don’t hold back

switchlogic:

Boring…

I’m giving that dodging response 2/10 for effort.

switchlogic:
Fairly poor effort, 2/10.

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:

Boring…

I’m giving that dodging response 2/10 for effort.

switchlogic:
Fairly poor effort, 2/10.

Have a lovely evening x

You can only park on a pavement when loading and unloading, in which case the vehicle MUST NOT be left unattended.

you thought to ask the question, top marks for that, do not be put off from asking questions, every day is a school day, you will learn something new every day usually not even needing to ask, good luck, alan

shullbit:
You can only park on a pavement when loading and unloading, in which case the vehicle MUST NOT be left unattended.

The law says you must not park on the pavement, unless there is a sign allowing it. Quoted from Highway Code earlier in this thread.
If you know differently please post a link.

Sometimes you may “get away with it”. A blind eye may be turned.
That does not mean it is legal.

You should dial 999 and whilst on the blower to operative, ask for a paracetamol as well.

TruckDriverBen:

yourhavingalarf:
You say…

Not close, had maybe an hour spare but the spot I found was In shade and near shops etc. And no not blocking the kerb wheelchair could get passed but don’t we need police permission as only hgv are menace and monsters we have to ask …

You shouldn’t really park on the kerb. Nothing to do with rights/wrongs it is the damage done to services underneath. That’s why I don’t do it. Never knew this till I worked at a local authority.