Hey guys do you ring 999 or 101?

you may be able to discharge your liability by sending a text or email to a/the police.

Franglais:
The law says you must not park on the pavement, unless there is a sign allowing it. Quoted from Highway Code earlier in this thread.
If you know differently please post a link.

Highway code rule 244:

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

highwaycodeuk.co.uk/parking.html

Edit: Just to add that dialling 999 to seek permission to park on the pavement will not go down well as 999 is for emergencies only, you could end up on YouTube or TV :slight_smile:

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

Franglais:
I`ve looked up the Highway Code reference for you, and it is written MUST NOT. It is a law.

Only in London

Highway code rule 244:
You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London

Highway code rule 244:
and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it.

Cuttlefish:

Franglais:
I`ve looked up the Highway Code reference for you, and it is written MUST NOT. It is a law.

Only in London

Highway code rule 244:

Highway code rule 244:

Fair comment.
Rules in the Code which are legal requirements, and which you will be committing a criminal offense if you disobey, use the words “must/must not.” Violating other parts of the Code, which use the words “should/should not” or “do/do not”, can be used as evidence against you in Court, even if violating them is not an automatic criminal offense.

Ring 999, and ask them if they can deliver a pizza while you are at it…

FFS.

Ken.

Franglais:

Cuttlefish:

Franglais:

Only in London

Highway code rule 244:

Highway code rule 244:

Fair comment.
Rules in the Code which are legal requirements, and which you will be committing a criminal offense if you disobey, use the words “must/must not.” Violating other parts of the Code, which use the words “should/should not” or “do/do not”, can be used as evidence against you in Court, even if violating them is not an automatic criminal offense.

Bear in mind that this does not give you carte blanche to park wherever you want, you can still be fined for obstruction if pedestrians and wheelchair users right of way is impeded.

If not specifically prohibited, parking a vehicle on the pavement could lead to an offence of obstruction being committed – this could result in a fixed penalty notice being issued to offending vehicle/s. This is because parking on the pavement can obstruct pedestrians and wheelchair users, forcing them to use the road to pass a parked vehicle/s.

if just taking a 45 minute break, no doubt you’ll be staying in the cab anyway I wouldn’t bother lol

worst case some1 comes up to give you a ticket you can drive off and restart break somewhere else