Help

Theres this guy at work who insists on beeping his horn constantly because its “funny” He drives a 07 plate scania so its a standard air horn. How can I remedy this, I was hoping for an electrical plug I could pull or something, just to make a point.

HELP!

Punch him square in the face. Hard. Then ask him if he finds that “funny”

He comes in the yard music blearing, horn blearing and generally being an arse, I just want to see his face when he bangs his fist on the horn and it doesnt work… does anyone know if the fuse for the horn is linked to any other things as i dont want to go messing too much.

Fuse?

This!

screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-e … 1273120233

I used to drive a 52 plate Topline which used to suffer with the horn doing its own thing. If its the same, the horn unit is located on the nearside just in front of the front wheel. You might need a torch, but when you find it I think its a simple 2 pin jackplug. Pull that off the horn unit or better still cut it off and thats your problem sorted. Still punch him in the face though :laughing:

cheers, Ill go in a little early in the morn and have a nosey, I like the idea of the horn not working and him checking the fusebox and seeing the fuse perpously removed, should hit the spot i think.

its been a while since I drove a Scania but for some reason fuse number 14 is springing to mind. That might be the one for the tacho though… :smiley:

works every time

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

when he tries to blow the horn just walk away whistling… :grimacing:

MrHappy:
its been a while since I drove a Scania but for some reason fuse number 14 is springing to mind. That might be the one for the tacho though… :smiley:

and number 1 :grimacing: :smiling_imp: :wink:

Won’t work for more than a day though as I’m sure he’ll find the horn isn’t working on his daily walkaround checks…

Since when did trucks come with “standard” air horns?

Be nice if they did.

If it has been specced with or retro fitted with an air horn, find the horn & disconnect or cut the air pipe to it.
(its only pressurised when the valve is opened by pushing the button).

I once drained the oil from a JCB and cut the oil sensor wire
Pored waste engine oil into 2x 200L fresh hydraulic oil drums
Poured more waste oil over a mew of hay and straw
cut the fan belt on the tractor, slit the tyres on the push bike and put rat poison in the cows trof
But I have never re visited the farm since

and what will your gaffer say when he see’s the defect book?

Driveroneuk:

Be nice if they did.

since as far back as i can remember.

but i’d stuff a rag in the thing, or snip the solenoid wire.

and not forgetting a bit of 5th wheel grease under the door handle…

jayeastanglia:
and not forgetting a bit of 5th wheel grease under the door handle…

I’m quite fond of a bit of cat food in the air vents too. If your man has such a good sense of humour he will split his sides laughing at this one :smiley:

Just tell him you think hes an irritating ■■■■■ If that fails punch him in the face. A nasty gaffer could class disabling the horn an a vehicle as gross misconduct.

See thats 2 suggestions for punching him in the face, I think you should just go with that, I believe its called tough love :open_mouth:

Driveroneuk:

Be nice if they did.

If it has been specced with or retro fitted with an air horn, find the horn & disconnect or cut the air pipe to it.
(its only pressurised when the valve is opened by pushing the button).

Well what else would you call the loud thing fitted to Newer DAFs and Scanias from the factory?

Anyhow,
Shopping today, bought a cheapo air horn kit, fitted it too our lasses car, will just frighten the crap out of him tomorrow when he’s having a coffee. Wont expect a lil 1.2 clio to make that sort of racket.

Bottled any tampering with the wagon as could go the wrong way and I end up in deep doodoo.