Help

C10HOO:

Driveroneuk:
Since when did trucks come with “standard” air horns?

Be nice if they did.

If it has been specced with or retro fitted with an air horn, find the horn & disconnect or cut the air pipe to it.
(its only pressurised when the valve is opened by pushing the button).

Well what else would you call the loud thing fitted to Newer DAFs and Scanias from the factory?

Anyhow,
Shopping today, bought a cheapo air horn kit, fitted it too our lasses car, will just frighten the crap out of him tomorrow when he’s having a coffee. Wont expect a lil 1.2 clio to make that sort of racket.

Bottled any tampering with the wagon as could go the wrong way and I end up in deep doodoo.

you know we’ll need video evidence of said horn blowing (that actually sounds wrong) :blush:

Put laxative in his tea :smiley: that way he wont be in his truck to blow his horn :smiley: he will be elsewhere :smiley:

Have you thought about just simply telling him that he is so bloody annoying■■?

Rick B:
Have you thought about just simply telling him that he is so bloody annoying■■?

too simple,

Pics of said new horn, hopeful video to follow tomorrow. :smiling_imp:

i have a similer sort of set up on my car, it don’t half ■■■■■■■■■■ up when it goes off :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:, as people start looking for a truck. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
and the best part is that it’s legal, as long as it sounds a single conitnuose tone, i.e. it doesn’t alternate between tone’s like police fire ambulance etc

Considered a Dixie horn. Ive already plugged a duck caller in to one of the tubes, Funny but not what im after yet. Missus isnt happy lol!!!

Driveroneuk:

Be nice if they did.

If it has been specced with or retro fitted with an air horn, find the horn & disconnect or cut the air pipe to it.

no it isn’t, it is constant pressure in the air system, it is the solenoid opening when the button is pressed that lets the air to the horn

quick simple test, pull the air supply pipe out of the standard fit air horn on any DAF, they are a push fit connector, so can be easily replaced, see if air ■■■■■■ out :wink:

Just have a giggle, you’d only be moaning that you work to miserable fannys.

if you really want a laugh put a “new” horn in the cab (just under the dash is a good place) and splice it into the old horn :smiley:
he be more wary about pressing the button again :laughing:

K5Project:
if you really want a laugh put a “new” horn in the cab (just under the dash is a good place) and splice it into the old horn :smiley:
he be more wary about pressing the button again :laughing:

I just wanted to write the same: use that “cheap airhorn” of yours and plug it into his truck and place it behind his seat :smiley:

shuttlespanker:

Driveroneuk:

Be nice if they did.

no it isn’t, it is constant pressure in the air system, it is the solenoid opening when the button is pressed that lets the air to the horn

quick simple test, pull the air supply pipe out of the standard fit air horn on any DAF, they are a push fit connector, so can be easily replaced, see if air ■■■■■■ out :wink:

Which is eaxactly what I said/meant, except I failed to make it clear I meant disconnect at the horn.
(forgot you lot out there aren’t mind readers :laughing: )

Well, well, new trucks coming with air horns as standard eh?. My how things must have changed in just a few years. When we got a new fleet of Actros at P & O Ferrymaster in 04/05 it was embarassing to sound the horn. A little electric peep peep. Hardly what the kids standing on m/way bridges making arm pulling motions want to hear.

Driveroneuk:

shuttlespanker:

Driveroneuk:

Be nice if they did.

Which is eaxactly what I said/meant, except I failed to make it clear I meant disconnect at the horn.

Well, well, new trucks coming with air horns as standard eh?. My how things must have changed in just a few years. When we got a new fleet of Actros at P & O Ferrymaster in 04/05 it was embarassing to sound the horn. A little electric peep peep. Hardly what the kids standing on m/way bridges making arm pulling motions want to hear.

Merc’s don’t come with air horns as standard not even the brand new one’s, it’s only decent trucks that have them fitted as standard, one’s I know of are daf, scania and volvo so far :slight_smile:

Driveroneuk:

shuttlespanker:

Driveroneuk:

Be nice if they did.

i think you misunderstand again, the air supply is constant direct to the horn, the solenoid is part of the horn, if you pull the air supply pipe out of the horn, it will ■■■■ air out with nothing to stop it as you are disconnecting the air supply before it gets to the solenoid

Ah ha, I see, said the blind man, who couldn’t see at all.

I take your point Shuttle. I had assumed the solenoid operated valve was lower in the system and not actually on the horn. :blush:

Have never fitted a truck air horn, only to Land Rovers & Tractors and as we know that is an entirely different type of set up.

Conclusion: even more constantly pressurised pipework = even more places to leak from :wink:

All of which reminds me: Somewhere in an old filing cabinet at my workshop there is a mouth operated train horn that linesmen used to use when a train was approaching. I keep meaning to dig it out & see if I could somewhow pipe it to one of those little air horn compressors.