help !!!!!!

As others have said don’t panic. Been driving over 20 years and I made a ballsup with a manual entry which meant I had on the tacho no weekly rest, no daily rest and I’d driven over 7hrs without a 45 minute break. Got a wad of paper with 3 months tacho analysis on an inch thick - one set of printouts for each offence, signed it, ate humble pie, moved on.

We all make mistakes and you didn’t intentionally do it.

But…
You did a print out to explain it at the time, didn’t you… (Hint = YES!)
It’s just that, as far as you were aware, you only needed to keep it for 28 days, so now you have disposed of it…

Oh, sorry mr employer, did you want a copy for your records… Sorry, I didn’t realise that I was supposed to supply you with a copy… I will absolutely make sure I print off two copies IF something like this should ever happen again…

I am sincerely sorry mr employer… Can you please forgive my error?

End of story :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help , been amazing …

1 last question ,

the company i work for ( remain nameless / legal reasons i guess ) uses a couple of hire vehicles , it was one of these the incident took place in , i believe we no longer use this vehicle and its not with the company anymore. How do i show info from the header unit now or whether the unit just did`nt like my digicard ?

Guys they are saying this is SERIOUS and my job ( pension etc ) is at risk , union are involved and will be in on Wednesdays fact finding interview , anything advice to use whilst in said meeting ?

cheers lads

p.s good preparation for my class 1 resit on Wednesday …

That my company allowed me to attend and pay for despite removing me from driving duties…

huggybear518:
p.s good preparation for my class 1 resit on Wednesday …

That my company allowed me to attend and pay for despite removing me from driving duties…

Class 1 re.sit?? :open_mouth:

‘They say this is serious’…how far is this firm up their own arse :unamused: it IS NOT serious in the REAL world, nobody died ffs, it was a genuine mistake and oversight.
Sounds to me that as a new young driver they are trying to brainwash you into their ways for the future to keep you ‘in your place’ it does not have to be like this mate, look for somewhere else.

My guess is they have the green and red elf suit uniform :bulb:

Sorry, this is now sounding too much like trolling to be real.

del trotter:
Sorry, this is now sounding too much like trolling to be real.

if i could name my company i would but we sign things and are monitored and they would push and push !!

This is real , i will attend a fact finding interview wednesday at 23.30 to see if there is a conduct issue to be faced…

I cant believe its gone this far !!!

p.s robroy

they have put with through my class 2 ( passed 2nd time , training was pants 1st time ) i am now resitting my class 1 wednesday down Cardiff , they have paid for all this.

SEEMS LIKE A WITCH HUNT TO BE HONEST…

huggybear518:
p.s robroy

they have put with through my class 2 ( passed 2nd time , training was pants 1st time ) i am now resitting my class 1 wednesday down Cardiff , they have paid for all this.

SEEMS LIKE A WITCH HUNT TO BE HONEST…

Ahh right, I thought they were giving you an in house re.test as punisment for your heinous crime :unamused: .

Well in that case, my advice (if you want it that is) would be play along with their pompous little silly ways…Say yes sir/no sir, get them to pay for your Class 1 endure them for a while, and after a bit of experience look for a firm that treat their drivers like grown up men.
Good luck with it all bud hope it works out, but try not to worry too much safe in the knowledge that they are a bunch of self important ■■■■ clowns. :bulb:

Ok, so treating this as the real deal…

You say, yes I did a print out, I kept them for 28 days and I binned them after. Your transport office never asked for any print outs when they downloaded the card so they didn’t get any. Sorry it won’t happen again. Please can you give me a written statement of the procedure I should follow so I can adhere to your rules in future.

You can still do a print out from that day in ANY trucks head unit. But there is no point.
If you are that new at the company, you haven’t got a pension to risk.
They sound like a ■■■■ firm anyway.

ANY ADVICE , is good advice , thanks a lot everyone :smiley: :smiley:

You can still do a print out from that day in ANY trucks head unit. But there is no point.
If you are that new at the company, you haven’t got a pension to risk.
They sound like a [zb] firm anyway.
[/quote]
Sorry noob at terminology , been with the company 28 years , plus i would lose my shares…

huggybear518:
Sorry noob at terminology , been with the company 28 years , plus i would lose my shares…

What? You have had the stress of working for these clowns for 28 years?? :open_mouth:
No offence mate, but maybe they only treat you like a ■■■■ because you have allowed them to do so for so long. :neutral_face:

Or are you possibly on a bit of wind up here? :bulb: :wink: :smiley:

robroy , wish it was a wind up , the 7.5 tonne ive been driving for 18 years , have now been placed under the logistics umbrella , previous 2 this, things were very lapse. They now consider my accidental error to be SERIOUS` …

It is a good company to work for… im sure you`ve worked out who for , been going a fair few years now , in fact a lot of years.

Dont know how its gone this far , it just has…

You’re a simpleton mate,there’s plenty knocking about,so don’t fret about it.

I mean,who would do such a stupid thing ?

Me,about two years ago :wink:

Ramon123:
You’re a simpleton mate,there’s plenty knocking about,so don’t fret about it.

I mean,who would do such a stupid thing ?

Me,about two years ago :wink:

SIMPLETON , not that bright !!

huggybear518:
robroy , wish it was a wind up , the 7.5 tonne ive been driving for 18 years , have now been placed under the logistics umbrella , previous 2 this, things were very lapse. They now consider my accidental error to be SERIOUS` …

It is a good company to work for… im sure you`ve worked out who for , been going a fair few years now , in fact a lot of years.

Dont know how its gone this far , it just has…

I thought originally you were a young boy just starting out.
Why as a senior experienced driver (as well as life exp) do you allow them to treat you in this way, it sounds to me like they think they are in charge of schoolboys.

Even if it is a good well paid job, it does not mean that you have to eat ■■■■ and readily bend over when they want it.
I as an experienced driver would not last a week there let alone 28 yrs, …respect should be a two way thing.

FEAR i guess , really gotta give my class 1 retest my best shot , messed the reverse right up but hoping i`ve corrected that , learnt that reverse SNAIL PACE even off the accelerator and minor adjustments…

worst case scenario i got a skill to take with me…

Why do big companies kick you and make you sweat, when the error/incident/misjudgement can be easily corrected…

huggybear518:
Why do big companies kick you and make you sweat, when the error/incident/misjudgement can be easily corrected…

Thing is mate that it cannot be easily corrected, however, it has happened so now it’s a question of how it is dealt with. To your credit you know that YOU messed up, but nobody died and no kittens were harmed so it’s only a potential problem to the Co. What you have to do is to now decide how you personally deal with it; I assume that you’ve learned a lesson and will not be repeating it in a hurry, so the question is how do you deal with the way your Co handle it?

If it was me and they treat me as a grown up I’d enter into it as an adult and make all the right noises such as “moving forward the lesson I have taken from this’s…” etc, or even “I appreciate that the systems you have in place blah blah blah…”

If they treat me as a child however and I fancied keeping the job I’d just nod vacantly whilst taking my bollocking and tune out their inane waffling with thoughts of “mmmm, donuts” or “mmmm, monster trucks”.

The ball is in your court fella.

oh i can waffle with the best of them , never to be repeated , understand the detrimental outcome continued cases of this nature can have on the effect of the business`s operators license …

( TRANSLATED = LET IT GO , LET IT GO )