help !!!!!!

Guys i have made a massive ■■■■-up , in work i have manged to either eject by accident or forget to put card back in… and drove 142km which is now unrecorded , i get this is a big deal but it was an error that occurred on April 9th ( 10 weeks ago ) and i have not tried to hide mileage or daily/weekly rest. my mate was talking to me when i pulled up and have passed the opportunity to get a printout and add accompanying notes .

Can i do anything now at this stage ? or do i need to beg for my job ?

thanks guys

If you are worried about it, go back on the head unit and do another print out and sign the back of it. If they ask why there is 142Km unrecorded then you can show them.

You need to do absolutely nothing…
Is DVSA pull you over they only want to see the last 28 days recordings,chill fella.

Accidents happen pal, even DVSA know this.

My advice to you is take an analogue chart and do a manual entry. This way if ever you are stopped all can be explained and when you hand it in to your company you can write a note to accompany it.

Like I said, accidents happen just don’t let it become something you do frequently. As for you job, all will be fine just be totally honest. Life will go on son.

cheers guys , bit of a noob , whats the head unit ( sorry ) and can i still get a printout from April 9th

top fella

xichrisxi:
Is DVSA pull you over they only want to see the last 28 days recordings,chill fella.

MY EMPLOYER , wants explanation not the DVSA

When did we get to this stage in this over regulated ■■■■ up of a job where a (presumably young newbie) driver is absolutely ■■■■■■■■ ing himself because he has made a simple and genuine mistake. This sort of stuff really ■■■■■■ me about the job.

Mate…don’t be intimidated and don’t believe what they want you to believe. Just explain things, to your boss and/or VOSA(in writing if it makes you feel better) with some sort of manual record of the lost time and milage…job done, end of.

They can not ■■■■ hang you, run legal and straight as you can, but do not take this drivers hours crap too seriously as a lot do.
Relax, and let us know how you get on.

Relax fella. You are making my keyboard all jittery. Simply tell your employer that you cocked up and that you apologise for it.

robroy:
When did we get to this stage in this over regulated [zb] up of a job where a (presumably young newbie) driver is absolutely [zb] ing himself because he has made a simple and genuine mistake. This sort of stuff really ■■■■■■ me about the job.

Mate…don’t be intimidated and don’t believe what they want you to believe. Just explain things, to your boss and/or VOSA(in writing if it makes you feel better) with some sort of manual record of the lost time and milage…job done, end of.

They can not [zb] hang you, run legal but do not take this crap too seriously as a lot do.

Many thanks for your thoughts , i probably should have known better but a mistake is just that A MISTAKE
as for taking it serious , i`m bricking it , 2 kids wife mortgage and university round the corner

WILL DEFINITELY , let you know how things go…

huggybear518:

xichrisxi:

MY EMPLOYER , wants explanation not the DVSA

You didn’t tell us that :smiley:
Either way as already said just hold your hands up,tell them you ballsed up and you can’t promise it won’t happen again :smiley:

huggybear518:

robroy:
When did we get to this stage in this over regulated [zb] up of a job where a (presumably young newbie) driver is absolutely [zb] ing himself because he has made a simple and genuine mistake. This sort of stuff really ■■■■■■ me about the job.

They can not [zb] hang you, run legal but do not take this crap too seriously as a lot do.

Many thanks for your thoughts , i probably should have known better but a mistake is just that A MISTAKE
as for taking it serious , i`m bricking it , 2 kids wife mortgage and university round the corner

At least the university is close enough to walk to if you get the boot :smiley:

I’ll get my coat …

Yep, we all make a ■■■■■■■■ up now and again, your normal way of working is what the ministry (whatever they call themsleves this week) will judge you by.

So long as you highlight it, preferably at the time, so there’s a record of it, and you haven’t done it deliberately, you’ll be ok.

If some jobsworth at work wets their ■■■■■■■ over it, just let the whining in one ear and out the other.

xichrisxi:

huggybear518:

robroy:

At least the university is close enough to walk to if you get the boot :smiley:

I’ll get my coat …

NOT FUNNY … lol

I used to work at a place where I had to max the hours everyday so the card went in when I left the yard and was pulled returning before unloading,fueling etc off card.

So one morning im in a rush and drive off without my card in, went from Cheltenham to Victoria Station in London and only realised entering London after the motorway as I looked up at a flashing headunit thinking it was going to be overspeed ha

So I put the card in at the drop, put it on other work whilst I unloaded so it looked like daily checks and then drove off doing my deliveries, saved me a good 2:45hrs drive that day :laughing: :laughing:

NEVER beg for your job,you can allways find another one if it came to that

Go on safety , working time part of truck net , they’ll help you on there with good advice ,

If your employer was having your card downloaded and analaysed properly, he should have noticed this 2 months ago, not now!

trucken:
If your employer was having your card downloaded and analaysed properly, he should have noticed this 2 months ago, not now!

Surely it should of shown up when they downloaded the head unit?

You ballsed up,so what?.Is your gaffer really going to get rid of you and find a Polish limper no speak English good luck to him if he does.

Head unit =tachograph unit.

Next time your cards in do your normal stuff then at some point do a printout, but when it shows the date use the up and down button to change the date the same as when you :blush: do man enterys , go to the date in question do a printout and do a written entery on the back. There is another way but would take too long to explain and as its been said the boss should have picked up on this earlier.
The other thing you could throw was that as far as you know your card was in and working and that it must be a tacho hissy fit :wink:
I’ve used the hissy fit one in my defence before now :wink: :wink: