Help with a penalty charge notice

Hi all, I got a Penalty charge notice last night at 23.13 i was parked on the purfleet by pass. I was not on the road i was i the muddy bit along with 5 other trucks which also got a P.C.N
The reason i got a P.C.N was (61G) parked on a foot way or a grass verge but there was no footway or grass just a muddy mess .
It was thurrock council civil enforcement officer that put the ticket under the wiper blade

There were no no parking signs or no yellow lines

so can anyone help please, Do i have to pay ■■?

Regards craig

Brother, you have my sympathy, been done there myself by these ■■■■■ who pull up to issue tickets while you’re in the ■■■■ sack, unfortunately, I believe under the byelaws there, if you are on the grass verge (mud) you can be ticketed. I appealed and still had to pay. Take it as a £60 lesson and try the truck stop on Oliver Rd, not great but better than a ticket. :cry:

don’t ignore it.
appeal it.
if you ignore it, it will just get worse.

I also had a ticket from that scummy council for having 1 wheel up on the verge, he stuck it on about 2.30am, :unamused:
My ticket should still be in the layby I parked in :blush: :grimacing:
No chance am I paying to park in a layby.

hiya cv68, take a look here. this forum will give you loads of help and advise.

forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=idx

Thanks everyone for your replies

Right if i pay it in 14 days its £35, after that £70 :angry: :angry: :angry:

so i think i am going to pay £35 :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

and never park there again

So Thurrock council (UP YOURS ) You money grabbing ■■■■■■■■■

have you thought that the reason its just a muddy pass is because of all the trucks that park there?

I’ve got no sympathy…personally, from what you’ve described, it sounds like a stupid place to want to park anyway! Surely there was an industrial estate near by or something?..but appeal anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

You could always try playing a little game I used to play after getting caught out with nowhere to park in london once…pretend you’re on 4:20hrs of driving and you must pick out places that would be suitable to park up for a break or a daily rest before running out of time…its a very good game and sharpens your skills to find places with only minutes to spare.

you should appeal it,

i got another ticket from edinburgh council the other week, ive always parked my car at this spot with no problems, around me theres other cars parked on the grass/pavement who dont get ticketed.
but it helps if they put the right street on the ticket :slight_smile:

ive already had 1 ticket cancelled, just waiting to hear about ticket number 2 being cancelled…fat chance ill be paying it anyway if they dont cancel it

Adam_Mc:
have you thought that the reason its just a muddy pass is because of all the trucks that park there?

I’ve got no sympathy…personally, from what you’ve described, it sounds like a stupid place to want to park anyway! Surely there was an industrial estate near by or something?..but appeal anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

You could always try playing a little game I used to play after getting caught out with nowhere to park in london once…pretend you’re on 4:20hrs of driving and you must pick out places that would be suitable to park up for a break or a daily rest before running out of time…its a very good game and sharpens your skills to find places with only minutes to spare.

Thankyou Mr. Sympathetic, some drivers don’t have the luxury of returning to base every day and have to sometimes make do with whatever is available. None of us know the circumstances here, ie was he running out of time for whatever reason and had to find somewhere quick? Could be any number of reasons that none of us are in a position to comment on.

Generally, if you see other lorries parked up, you might assume that it is ok to park there and do the same. You said yourself that you got caught out in London once, luckily for you it was just for a 45 so no big deal.

Having said all that, yours is the kind of comment that is usually associated with one that makes it home every night, i’m not knocking it, nice work if you can get it, but not everyone is in the same boat.

And no, there’s hardly anywhere round there to park, especially if you’re there late.

MrHappy:

Adam_Mc:

Thankyou Mr. Sympathetic, some drivers don’t have the luxury of returning to base every day and have to sometimes make do with whatever is available. None of us know the circumstances here, ie was he running out of time for whatever reason and had to find somewhere quick? Could be any number of reasons that none of us are in a position to comment on.

Generally, if you see other lorries parked up, you might assume that it is ok to park there and do the same. You said yourself that you got caught out in London once, luckily for you it was just for a 45 so no big deal.

Having said all that, yours is the kind of comment that is usually associated with one that makes it home every night, i’m not knocking it, nice work if you can get it, but not everyone is in the same boat.

And no, there’s hardly anywhere round there to park, especially if you’re there late.

Yes I am home every night…but you know what?..I’d like to do a night out because that’s something I’ve not experienced before. The only problem with london though is the whole red route crap…but I made it with 4:29 on the clock…there is always somewhere to park, you’ve just got to find it…hence why I suggested that little game.

mmmm, ok thats fine then. Next time i’m trying to find somewhere to park i’ll start playing games. Terrific. Sounds to me as though you are better off with the job you have got, there can’t be too much that you can ■■■■ up on Sainsbury’s if you’ve got time to play ‘Lets see where I can park games.’

MrHappy:

Adam_Mc:

I second that mate!
great when someone makes a comment like that thats never been in that position before,unbelievable.
Its not always that simple finding places to stop overnight,glad im home every night now.

No sympathy from me! Just because it’s churned up from other illegal parkers doesn’t mean it’s ok for you!

It really bugs me when hgv drivers put the nearside on the kerb anyway - kerbs are not for parking on, they are not strong enough for a start.

Take it on the chin and pay the fine which you earned - regard it as an achievement and certificate :sunglasses:

He said he is going to pay. He learned his lesson. Some of you are complete tools for slagging the man. :unamused:

it is offence for a lorry to park on the grass verge, simples. Don’t have to have yellow lines in place to dish a ticket but what a waste of time putting tickets on lorries whilst they sleep when there not causing any problems what so ever.

If they have got the reg number wrong …IGNORE IT
One of ours had one back in October and the reg was wrong.
Never heard another thing about it.

Well,i don’t know where you parked. But were there any Yellow or red Lines?
Any sign “No Stopping,No parking”?
The Law says you have to leave at first Exit and park where safe if you feel unwell to drive.
So,when you exited and there were already Lorries parked you did so too to recover.
Now. £35.- isn’t much

That whole Thurrock area is a ■■■■ and SUPPOSEDLY 7.5t weight limit and they only come out at the dead of night as I have caught them out once. Little white Corsa Van with 2 geeky looking ■■■■■ in it. ANyways if your looking for somewhere to park around there and get no hassle go round to Volvo, street down from DHL Exel where the double dcker bus is… Volvo have lorries parked outside and dont get hassle. Ive been led to believe that its a 3rd party company that runs this ticketing system and certainly know for a FACT that a fw of our boys got tickets and heaved the tickets into teh following bush and havent heard anything back. It isnt the council themselves issuing the tickets.

You live and learn around Thurrock!!! Just don’t park around there!! Go over driving time if you have to!! It’s a crap hole!!

If the ticket was issued by Thurrock council - then pay it
if the ticket was issued by some 2 bit cowboy out fit then you should look at the site mentioned earlier in this post about scam parking tickets
from past experiemce i have had 2 drivers done around this area and both we legitimate tickets -
the moral of the story is use Thurrock services - its cheaper in the end
regards
Steve