Help with a penalty charge notice

greggy:
hiya cv68, take a look here. this forum will give you loads of help and advise.

forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=idx

I’d recommend this as well. Defiantly think about fighting it. If it specifically says grass verge in the offence, and there wasn’t a blade of grass under your wheels, you might have a case.

Parking enforcement is a travestry, no other law enforcement earns outright profits like it does. Some councils earn millions from it. If you fight it it costs them to fight back, so it becomes less profitable.

Put it another way, if everyone fought their tickets then, even if they lost, it wouldn’t be worth the council paying someone night rate to go round slapping tickets on everything (and leave the police to a give tickets to anything parking genuinely dangerously).

The story is this is my first week on a new contract for coblefret containners
I had 6 mins left on a 10 hour drive when i left purfleet dock. I saw a least 15 units parked up on the purfleet bypass (grass verge) and so i did the same thinking it will be ok i did not have a containner on so did not need a truckstop. My offence ( A heavy commercial vehicle wholly or partly parked on a
footway, verge or land between two carriageways )
here i where i was parked up

maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51 … 66.31,0,0

So i am giving thurrock a very wide berth for parking

thanks for your replies

Hiya …if the ticket is correct(number plate)i’d pay up…£35 quid isn.t to bad 70 is sh…
I recon thats a nice little earner for that shower of [zb] no signage or lines.
you should have run over your hours to a better place then wrote pestered buy travellers
so moved…i’ve done that 2 or 3 times and got away with it.
there was a chap in a motor home driving through london and missed a turning so reversed into
the congestion charge area (did’nt know he’d have to pay) to turnround and go on his way to
spain for 3 months when he got home, he had a pile of fines and none payment of fines …
£3,500 OH [zb]. i think he did get the fine reduced, but it cost him in legal fee,s.
good luck
john

if you noticed there are a couple of laybyes on this road, my mate was in one, but his trailer wheel was resing on the kerbstone. he got a ticket and and said he would be willing to fight it in court as he has taken pics. he never heard a thing since nov last year.

cv68:
The story is this is my first week on a new contract for coblefret containners
I had 6 mins left on a 10 hour drive when i left purfleet dock. I saw a least 15 units parked up on the purfleet bypass (grass verge) and so i did the same thinking it will be ok i did not have a containner on so did not need a truckstop. My offence ( A heavy commercial vehicle wholly or partly parked on a
footway, verge or land between two carriageways )
here i where i was parked up

maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51 … 66.31,0,0

So i am giving thurrock a very wide berth for parking

thanks for your replies

■■■■■■■ hell! That’s complete bollox! I see trucks parked there all the time. WTF is the problem with that spot?

Adam_Mc:
have you thought that the reason its just a muddy pass is because of all the trucks that park there?

I’ve got no sympathy…personally, from what you’ve described, it sounds like a stupid place to want to park anyway! Surely there was an industrial estate near by or something?..but appeal anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

You could always try playing a little game I used to play after getting caught out with nowhere to park in london once…pretend you’re on 4:20hrs of driving and you must pick out places that would be suitable to park up for a break or a daily rest before running out of time…its a very good game and sharpens your skills to find places with only minutes to spare.

Here we go again. Mr. Holier-Than-Thou-I-Can-Do-No-Wrong up on his perch at the top of the superiority tree again. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Never, ever pay a council PCN without appealing/challenging it!! If everything is done correctly & within the proper timescales the worst that can happen is you pay the full amount (£70 in this case), the costs don’t keep escalating!

All councils have to follow the statute laid down when issuing PCN’s but few actually do… basically, while they’re chasing you for breaking “the law”, most of 'em are flouting it themselves!

They rely on ignorance & the fact that £35 looks better than £70 to get your dosh

Get on pepipoo pronto!

Rob K:

Adam_Mc:
have you thought that the reason its just a muddy pass is because of all the trucks that park there?

I’ve got no sympathy…personally, from what you’ve described, it sounds like a stupid place to want to park anyway! Surely there was an industrial estate near by or something?..but appeal anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

You could always try playing a little game I used to play after getting caught out with nowhere to park in london once…pretend you’re on 4:20hrs of driving and you must pick out places that would be suitable to park up for a break or a daily rest before running out of time…its a very good game and sharpens your skills to find places with only minutes to spare.

Here we go again. Mr. Holier-Than-Thou-I-Can-Do-No-Wrong up on his perch at the top of the superiority tree again. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Not just me then, who thinks this guy is a…(Fill in your own expletives!)

inform them that the driver has moved back to poland.

bigvern1:

Rob K:

Adam_Mc:

Yeah, I often think he doesn’t know if it’s Tuesday or Norway. :wink:

bigvern1:

Rob K:

Adam_Mc:

NO,definitely not just you that thinks that Bigvern,24 ,with the experience of a 60 yr old somehow. :unamused:

We all have problems when looking for suitable parking places, but the authorities are a lot to blame. They dont seem to know how wide a truck is compared to a car, so when going into a layby, they dont understand that a truck doesnt want to be blown about all night, so he parks halfway on the pavement…why dont they make them wider in the first place…then they can minimise the damage caused…
i must admit that when grass verges are concerned, it certainly looks a mess when trucks have driven over them, or parked on them, causing big ruts, and potholes etc…there is one instance near our depot in university way, already the council has restricted the first parking with concrete bollards, and still the foreigners park on the grass…so dont be surprised when the council stop all drivers from parking there, after all its the local council tax payers who have to pay to put it right…

Coffeeholic:

bigvern1:

Rob K:

Adam_Mc:

Yeah, I often think he doesn’t know if it’s Tuesday or Norway. :wink:

I was also thinking the same. I even found a picture of him in his own little cotton wrapped world.