Help,Scania LB110 /1 twin steer

Hello all Happy New Year to all, I need some help many years back when I did trips to Scotland I was going south on A74 (M) I spotted a Scania LB 110 or 111 TWIN steer or could have been a pusher axle with drop centre ■■? it was a Scottish company and I am sure it was painted green.
Would anybody no of this, company etc; or info or photo thanks for any help Wayne

Hi Wayne! Found this one the web some time ago.
Not my pic so credit to who ever took it

Reg Danne

Hey, never seen such a Scania, superbe.

Eric,

This 1 ?

Happy new year and thanks for these rare pictures!
I never understood why Scania was the only manufacturer that hasn’t build the 0-&1-series in twinsteer configuration.
Does someone know?

Scania141LBS:
I never understood why Scania was the only manufacturer that hasn’t build the 0-&1-series in twinsteer configuration.
Does someone know?

Hey, and Volvo and Daf in those years didn’t too ■■?

Eric,

Found this one the web some years ago. Strange looking beast…

Danne

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Hey, nice convertion too ■■?

Eric,

Hi 141
Nobody should build twin steers traction less rough ride things tag axle the way to go
Cheers
Rich

PS if we had the weight allowance have a double drive

tiptop495:

Scania141LBS:
Does someone know?

Eric,

Hi,

the F10 and 12 were available as twin steers, so the Daf (3300, etc.).
Or am i wrong?

Scania141LBS:

tiptop495:

Scania141LBS:
Does someone know?

Eric,

Hi,

the F10 and 12 were available as twin steers, so the Daf (3300, etc.).
Or am i wrong?

F10 and 12’s were pusher axles well all of ours were

The first Volvo f10 and f12 twinsteers were caster steering and locked in reverse and above 18 mph . When working it did it very well but if memory serves me correctly it did need a bit more development from the engineers in Gothenburg .

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Morning Danne, I took that picture many years ago while it were stood in Brigg lorry park. A very interesting and capable man owned and ran that Volvo and if anybody has any information it would make a very interesting story of man and machine. Not only did Mr Bradley carry out the axle conversion himself but during its later life when I believe the cab rotted he chopped it down to a day cab.

ISHIFT

ISHIFT5:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Morning Danne, I took that picture many years ago while it were stood in Brigg lorry park. A very interesting and capable man owned and ran that Volvo and if anybody has any information it would make a very interesting story of man and machine. Not only did Mr Bradley carry out the axle conversion himself but during its later life when I believe the cab rotted he chopped it down to a day cab.

ISHIFT

This has had the cab chopped probably the same vehicle ?

small%20pat%20volvo.jpg

Hi All Thanks for all the photos and info most helpful Wayne

ISHIFT5:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

ISHIFT

Hi! Sounds like a verry intresting man! Always fun to know a bit history about a unit like that!

Danne

Hi I shift,pleased to see your active again,or have I missed something?
I’ve just seen f88conversion,I spoke to FrankBradley some time ago,and he didn’t know where it had ended up.i told him I’d read somewhere,some one in Ireland had it for restoration.it now looks very much the same vehicle .if I see him in village,I’ll have a word ,get him to look it up,and see if he can confirm it as his old motor.
Cheers Dave

Regarding comments as to why certain manufactuers didn’t build twin steers…

Remember that we had no real need for twinsteers until 01.05.1983 when our GV0W was raised from 32 tons to 38000 kgs.

My company had 4 Volvo 6x2’s go into service that day - as a previous poster mentioned, these were OK when they worked - the centre steer had a mind of its own and Volvo could never get them right.

At that date, DAF had no twin steers to offer and advocated that we should go out and buy tri axled trailers to carry the weight (most were still tandems) and Scania could only offer the P112 with an electro hydraulic rear lift that was also very troublesome.

It seems the industry was caught unawares!

Although many companies were having rear lift conversions done rather than buy potentially troublesome trucks, the following year things got better when DAF and Mercedes started rolling out twinsteers in bigger numbers.

K

robthedog:

ISHIFT5:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

ISHIFT

This has had the cab chopped probably the same vehicle ?

That’s the one.

Davepeart:
Hi I shift,pleased to see your active again,or have I missed something?
I’ve just seen f88conversion,I spoke to FrankBradley some time ago,and he didn’t know where it had ended up.i told him I’d read somewhere,some one in Ireland had it for restoration.it now looks very much the same vehicle .if I see him in village,I’ll have a word ,get him to look it up,and see if he can confirm it as his old motor.
Cheers Dave

Morning Dave, not seen Frank in a long time, does he still run the old Land Rover ? Not put as much stuff on lately as started to get some sour and bitter comments especially on the Browns stuff and pictures but I suppose you can’t please all.

Have you had anything through the post recently ?

ISHIFT