Help required

Right im after a bit of advice from you guys if possible.

My mum and stepdad have decided to call it a day in spain after a year :unamused: and will be coming back at then end of september. Now this poses a problem.

They want to bring aload of stuff back but are unsure of the best way to do it. They only took a car trailers worth of stuff over but want to bring a bit more back.

These are the options as i see it :-

They were thinking about hiring a “luton” size van this side driving over filling it up then coming back, with a bit of driving the idea was to come back through hull. However i cant see many hire companys doing this type of hire or allowing the mileage and with costs i imagine it wll be quite expensive.?

Second option would be to get a uk-spain removal firm in.

Third would be and i dont know how visable it would be but to try and organise it as a backload with someone??But i imagine it would need to be a Rigid for access at both ends.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions to get the silly old sods stuff back over would be much appreciated. :laughing:

By the way there in Cheste near valencia and the stuff would need to come back to yorkshire.

Rob, would the amount of gear fit in a lwb sprinter? If so, my mate does European all week. If you are interested I’ll contact him to work out costs etc. PM me if you want. Cheers.
Dave.

Whats wrong with useing a container
and they do come in small sizes as
well. This might be a cheaper route to
go as well,

brit pete:
Whats wrong with useing a container
and they do come in small sizes as
well. This might be a cheaper route to
go as well,

I think access is a problem at the spain end. You wont get anything bigger than a small rigid to the house tbh.and i would have thought it would have worked out more expensive with getting it shipped and picked up etc??

yes but if you can get a rigid up to the house
then it should be possible,just a thought,
or talk to one of the firms who do removals
from UK-spain asking for a quote,as a reload,

brit pete:
yes but if you can get a rigid up to the house
then it should be possible,just a thought,
or talk to one of the firms who do removals
from UK-spain asking for a quote,as a reload,

Yep cheers mate, will look into that for them :smiley:

just a idea :bulb: . go to www.freight2mail.com. always vans up to 7.5 ton on there wanting backloads from spain especially furniture vans. good luck.

Just had a look but i cant view or get a quote unless i join and its £50. As much as i would like to see them back i aint paying £50 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bones. There is a very good Spanish lad from here, owner driver who does the UK every fortnight. He would have no trouble doing a pick-up in Cheste.
When I get to the office on Monday morning I’ll PM you his phone number (he has an English wife and speaks it very well himself so no communication problems)

David

pm me with all the details. im a member so can sort it for you. bri

There is removal firms looking for back loads all the time from spain a few of the bigger compnays have warehouses out there. How much stuff would ur parents have cuase as it will have to be stack properly in the wagon to avoid breakages etc to the furniture.best bet would be to go to a firm or hire a van…

An elderly friend of mine living here all her life decided on the spur of the moment to relocate near her daughter in Australia. She sold her huge flat .Paid the Ozzy Govt. £40 K for fast track retirement. Called Pickford’s in & it took them 2 days to load a 40 container with her furniture. She even sent her car in a 20 container. Flew across. Stayed at her daughters while she looked for a house. Had a huge row & and was back in England within 3 weeks of leaving. No house ;No car. Bit of a roller coaster for an 80 yr. old widow. Just thought I would share this with you…? :smiley:

Why not use a removal company, you will find a firm in ondara who are the franchise for bishops move, they have small vans to collect then they put it on an artic,they come over ever week, also they get free storage for about 4 5 weeks plus any breakages is covered by insurance.When i move to spain i hired avan and done the job myself and i found out it works out more expensive that way.

i used to do france and sometimes germany with a ■■■■■■ van or a merc sprinter from salford van hire for hexagon freight at cross green and there was a sticker in it saying that the van was no way meant to be going over the water. i always took it over no problems and they never moaned about the mileage.

Saw this in traffic on the M25 on Tuesday and thought it might be of use. he specializes in removals from Spain to the UK.

Cheers for all the advice, Its all been passed on and looked at.

Thanks again, Will let you know what and how muh it cost!

jessicas dad:
i used to do france and sometimes germany with a ■■■■■■ van or a merc sprinter from salford van hire for hexagon freight at cross green and there was a sticker in it saying that the van was no way meant to be going over the water. i always took it over no problems and they never moaned about the mileage.

Did they give you the V5? If not, you need a Vehicle on Hire Certificate (VE103B).

Was it on their Self Drive Hire Insurance, or on your firm’s?

There are still firms that will allow hire vehicles to go abroard. Get pulled without a V5 or VE103B, or no insurance Cert, and you’ll be in trouble.

Its also worth paying for European breakdown cover.

You can put a Luton on the Channel Tunnel passenger train if you’re only carrying personal goods.

NB A 3.5T luton with a tail lift will have a payload less than 1.5T

“You can put a Luton on the Channel Tunnel.” But you can`t take the Channel Tunnel out of Luton.( Bit early) :laughing:

Just remembered the firm to avoid Bones, he is now advertising in our local
paper. It is Murray Harper. They are based in Estepona but the boss lives in a
big château near Bergerac in France, which is where I finally retrieved my
goods from the git. A definite NoNo :smiling_imp: .

You could try David Dale removals at Boroughbridge they do Spanish removals all the time -01423 324948