HELP PLEASE for Recommended LGV training schools

Recommended LGV training schools is a new entry into the FAQ ‘READ ONLY’ forum and I am looking for LGV training schools that are recommended by you to add to it, preferably from the 2 or 3 years.

Thank you.

Smart Mart:
Please be aware that just because a training school doesn’t appear on Rog’s list doesnt mean that it is not a good school - indeed many trainees don’t post on here, nor do those that do represent a good cross section and therefore I suggest that anyone contemplating training do their own research with several local companies and then make their decisions.

I’ll second that.

yeah a gd one in bristol called somax they based in avonmouth

sam mill:
yeah a gd one in bristol called somax they based in avonmouth

SOMAX - thank you

Well I would have to recommend the one I do some work for of course. :slight_smile:

Ritchies Training Centre is great - their first time pass rate is really impressive and they do cheap medicals every Friday morning - they look after you from start to finish :wink:

They also have key holder access to the vosa test centre so you can get extra practice on the actual reverse on weekends.

merc0447:
Ritchies Training Centre is great - their first time pass rate is really impressive and they do cheap medicals every Friday morning - they look after you from start to finish :wink:

They also have key holder access to the vosa test centre so you can get extra practice on the actual reverse on weekends.

RITCHIES - Thank you

Smart Mart:
Well I would have to recommend the one I do some work for of course. :slight_smile:

PM me if a member on here has passed with them and recommends it

I can definately recommend RTT in Ipswich, a nice friendly outfit. Got me through class 1 in '05 on 2nd attempt, so glad of a chance to give them a recommend, especially in these straitened times.

papermonkey:
I can definately recommend RTT in Ipswich, a nice friendly outfit. Got me through class 1 in '05 on 2nd attempt, so glad of a chance to give them a recommend, especially in these straitened times.

RTT - thank you

I started out with Ribble valley from Preston. Steer well clear, I had to fix the accelorator to stop it sticking. You train in scrap.

I would recommend Red Rose of Preston, They are second to none.

limeyphil:
I started out with Ribble valley from Preston. Steer well clear, I had to fix the accelorator to stop it sticking. You train in scrap.

I would recommend Red Rose of Preston, They are second to none.

What year did you train there please :question:

tauntontraining.co.uk/

I trained with them $%£^&" years ago, and my eldest daughter trained with them 2 years ago - definitely recommended

my youngest daughter did the Young Driver Scheme with Exeter College and trans plant mastertrain
She passed C first time and might go back this spring to do C+E -

George Lovatt Training in Coleshill, Birmingham. Good Bloke.

Denis F:
http://www.tauntontraining.co.uk/

I trained with them $%£^&" years ago, and my eldest daughter trained with them 2 years ago - definitely recommended

my youngest daughter did the Young Driver Scheme with Exeter College and trans plant mastertrain
She passed C first time and might go back this spring to do C+E -

TAUNTON TRAINING / TRANSPLANT MASTERTRAIN - Thanks Denis :smiley:

Silver_Surfer:

Which year did you train there please :question:

A1 training group in birmingham, Rog I did my class C with them and can highly reccomend them

D.H.Jones of Magor , Newport area.Trained with them last year. One to one training, any ■■■■-ups definitely all mine. :smiley: :smiley: Very good and friendly, and good trucks.07729090880.He also has a haulage company so knows what he’s talking about.

Andydisco:
A1 training group in birmingham, Rog I did my class C with them and can highly reccomend them

A1 TRAINING GROUP - Thank you

chooch:
D.H.Jones of Magor , Newport area.Trained with them last year. One to one training, any ■■■■-ups definitely all mine. :smiley: :smiley: Very good and friendly, and good trucks.07729090880.He also has a haulage company so knows what he’s talking about.

D.H.JONES - Thank you

Highly recommend David Kinnear

4ni.co.uk/98432x30x8_david-k … antrim.htm

Passed C no bother last year

pete904ni:
Highly recommend David Kinnear

4ni.co.uk/98432x30x8_david-k … antrim.htm

Passed C no bother last year

DAVID KINNEAR - Thank you

Silver_Surfer:

Used him for my C and CE in 2002 and would also recommend.

I would highly recommend the following for their excellent instruction, well maintained vehicles and flexibility :sunglasses:

(and for being really nice blokes to spend time with! :smiley: )

Roadtrain - South Mimms - EN6 3NE (Also West Thurrock RM20 3ED)

roadtrain.co.uk - 01707 661 617

Instructors Who Put Up With Me - Paul Jago and John Carrod

C+E - Artic - July 2008 - 1st Time Pass

Bains - Hayes - UB3 4NS

bainsdrivingschool.co.uk - 020 8561 0062

Instructors Who Got Me Through: Peter and Jat Bains

PCV - August 2008 - 1st Time Pass

Edited for spelling