HELP PLEASE for Recommended LGV training schools

LoadsOfHorses:
I would highly recommend the following for their excellent instruction, well maintained vehicles and flexibility :sunglasses:

(and for being really nice blokes to spend time with! :smiley: )

Roadtrain - South Mimms - EN6 3NE (Also West Thurrock RM20 3ED)

roadtrain.co.uk - 01707 661 617

Instructors Who Put Up With Me - Paul Jago and John Carrod

C+E - Artic - July 2008 - 1st Time Pass

Bains - Hayes - UB3 4NS

bainsdrivingschool.co.uk - 020 8561 0062

Instructors Who Got Me Through: Peter and Jat Bains

PCV - August 2008 - 1st Time Pass

Edited for spelling

ROADTRAIN / BAINS - Thank you

I would recommend APEX Training Services based in peterborough. I passed 1st time with them, they got good/friendly instructors. Also took my fork lift test with a LGV instructor and passed 1st time as well so would def recommend them to anyone for their 5 days courses for LGV :exclamation: :smiley:

pecjam23:
I would recommend APEX Training Services based in peterborough. I passed 1st time with them, they got good/friendly instructors. Also took my fork lift test with a LGV instructor and passed 1st time as well so would def recommend them to anyone for their 5 days courses for LGV :exclamation: :smiley:

APEX - Thank you

I’d definately recommend Crawley LGV. Tony was very good, patient and thorough. Tests are done at Worthing.
Have a look on Youtube for his training videos - thats exactly how he was with me throughout my training.
I passed Class C with him about 4 years ago.

BigNathy:
I’d definately recommend Crawley LGV. Tony was very good, patient and thorough. Tests are done at Worthing.
Have a look on Youtube for his training videos - thats exactly how he was with me throughout my training.
I passed Class C with him about 4 years ago.

I know it’s a little more than 2/3 years ago but i’ll take it - CRAWLEY - thanks

centraltransporttraining.co.uk/

Passed both classes with them - very good and do weekend courses

Tockwith Traning Services Ltd, 1 to 1 training, excellent all round instructors.

TOCKWITH

Stu

kjw21:
http://www.centraltransporttraining.co.uk/

Passed both classes with them - very good and do weekend courses

CENTRAL - thank you.

teatree:
Tockwith Traning Services Ltd, 1 to 1 training, excellent all round instructors.

TOCKWITH

Stu

Got that one already and it is the only one I’ve found so far that has a direct link to this site and sports the trucknetuk logo :smiley: :smiley:

:blush: :blush: :blush: Sorry ROG

Stu

For anyone in the Merseyside area I would recommend Town and Country driver training, great bunch of guys and they know their stuff

lgvdrivertrainer.co.uk/

teatree:
:oops: :blush: :blush: Sorry ROG

Stu

No need to be - I might not have had it :exclamation:

Big Roy:
For anyone in the Merseyside area I would recommend Town and Country driver training, great bunch of guys and they know their stuff

lgvdrivertrainer.co.uk/

TOWN & COUNTRY - thank you

In Lincolnshire there is Priestley LGV Training. It has courses to suit everyone and accommodation is available for anyone who is from out of the area. I personally recommend Les and Wendy’ s training school.Liz

scanialady142:
In Lincolnshire there is Priestley LGV Training. It has courses to suit everyone and accommodation is available for anyone who is from out of the area. I personally recommend Les and Wendy’ s training school.Liz

Already listed but thanks Liz

scanialady142:

Did you train with Les, scanialady?

well you listed happy hour so its all good,

Got over 40 recommendations so far, Thank you - CURRENT LIST - Do you have any more please :question:

Fife Transport Training Centre Ltd.
Unit 15 Randolph Place Randolph Industrial Estate
Kirkcaldy KY1 2YX
Tel: 01592 652431

Can’t see a website for them yet.

I did my HGV 1 training with them, passed first time.
It was early 90s btw.

CJB Driver Training in Stoke on Trent, plus the instructor is gorgeous!!! :smiley: :blush:

Fairycake:
CJB Driver Training in Stoke on Trent, plus the instructor is gorgeous!!! :smiley: :blush:

CJB - Thank you

ROG:
Recommended LGV training schools is a new entry into the FAQ ‘READ ONLY’ forum and I am looking for LGV training schools that are recommended by you to add to it, preferably from the last 2 or 3 years.

Thank you.

Well, that’s it :smiley:

I have trawled through all the Newbie forum posts from the middle of 2006 to the present and compiled the list.

If there are any LGV driving school recommendations of less than 3 years old that I’ve missed please contact me or add them as a reply on this thread - thank you.

At present, this list is only available in the FAQ forum