Help.out of time?

I’m heading to base and will probably be 10 to 30 mins short when I run out of my second 4.5 hours. Do I HAVE to stop and take another 45 or is the any lee-way with vosa? Cheers

30mins is pushing it but 15mins will be ok providing your card is clean.

Why not stop early and have a break, 4.5 is the maximum not the required amount. If you do this then there will be no temptation to go over.

Keep going do a print out write on the back ran over my time due to congestion on a Friday night no place to park and get back and go home,if its a one off you will be fine if you do it on a regular basis then you will get done for it.

Do you have enough daily driving time?
Do you have enough time before your rest period needs to start?

If yes then take a break then carry on

Just have another 45. Why get an infringement if you don’t need to? :confused:

If it’s the difference between going home for the night or not, then fair enough… but from what you say, it’s just a case of sitting at the side of the road for another 45 minutes and you’re clean.

I would go for it.
Friday night, ■■■■■■■ with rain, had enough.

…but remember this; if there’s ever any redundancies looming, your infringement percentage will be looked at (along with everything else) when it comes to deciding who is getting the chop.

But hey, you could get home 45 minutes earlier…

Nezza:
I’m heading to base and will probably be 10 to 30 mins short when I run out of my second 4.5 hours. Do I HAVE to stop and take another 45 or is the any lee-way with vosa? Cheers

Assuming that you’ve got enough daily driving time to get back to base stop and have a break then continue.

For the sake off 45 minutes I’d just stop. Vosa may give you lea way but an Infringment like that will only give them reason to dig deeper and take to much off a look at you. For 45 minutes if you get a pull next week your all clean keeps them happy and could save you more than a few quid.

You would pull over and sit in a lay bye for 45 mins twiddling your thumbs for the sake of going over your time by 10 mins!! Jesus H Christ! :open_mouth:
Knowing you could be sat at home? In the comfort of your own surroundings :open_mouth:
I know what I would do and have done in the past sod that ■■■■ crack on driver!! :wink:
A one off you will get away with it,like I said earlier do it on a regular basis then your asking for it.

shoulda stuck it on break at your last drop,then you`d be home clear. :wink:

Thetaff2:
Keep going do a print out write on the back ran over my time due to congestion on a Friday night no place to park and get back and go home,if its a one off you will be fine if you do it on a regular basis then you will get done for it.

Page 4 paragraph 5 of the fatmans handbook :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Take a 45, drive back to the yard LEGALLY then add an hour to your timesheet.

billybigrig:

Thetaff2:

Page 4 paragraph 5 of the fatmans handbook :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:wink: Along with other various excuses!! :smiley:

I’ve been here too long I know them all!! :laughing: :laughing:

right now. here we go…in my point of veiw there is 3 ways u can do this

1. take ur 45min off and have a good aul slow ■■■■
  2. put the magnet on and get the ■■■■ up that road
  3. you could do the “Pringles” once u pop u dont have to stop (pop the card and drive her on lad)

its up to u

As a special offer number 3 comes with a ban and a huge fine

Took the 45. Brew in the bunk watching QI on the ipad…it’s what’d be doing at home anyway :slight_smile:

Cheers for the advise

good man I did it a few months back and the following week I had to pull into the wide load bay at Dartford to get an ■■■■■■ through tunnel whilst waiting fore the ■■■■■■ mr plod came over to have a word asked me fore my digi card cost me £120 lesson learnt :unamused:

Nezza:
Took the 45. Brew in the bunk watching QI on the ipad…it’s what’d be doing at home anyway :slight_smile:

Cheers for the advise

Good man.

There’s an ol’ saying. “Honesty is the best policy.”