Help new pass class 2 find work west mids Please

Hi all, I passed my class 2 licence Oct 2012 and my CpC jan 1013 im desperately trying to find work does anyone know any companies that will take on new class 2 drivers. live in the west midlands so companies around dudley, Stourbridge, Kidderminster, birmingham ect would be great, ive signed on to 5 agencies any other advice or questions is greatly appreciated thank you all

samstone90:
Hi all, I passed my class 2 licence Oct 2012 and my CpC jan 1013 im desperately trying to find work does anyone know any companies that will take on new class 2 drivers. live in the west midlands so companies around dudley, Stourbridge, Kidderminster, birmingham ect would be great, ive signed on to 5 agencies any other advice or questions is greatly appreciated thank you all

Christ how old are you :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

I believe Wisemans take on new drivers and they have a depot in Wolverhampton.

I don’t know of anyone else but someone else may :wink:

Ok thanks mate im 22… every reply helps if 20 people reply with one company each then ive got 20 places to try so thanks, much appreciated

Seems like you have the usual two stumbling blocks -
Not being at least age 25
Not having held the categories on the licence for X amount of time

ROG:
Seems like you have the usual two stumbling blocks -
Not being at least age 25
Not having held the categories on the licence for X amount of time

I think his biggest stumbling block is that he somehow did the CPC in 1013 :slight_smile:

tachograph:
I think his biggest stumbling block is that he somehow did the CPC in 1013 :slight_smile:

5 year expiry date has been exceeded a little :laughing:

Lol just noticed my typo thanks for pointing that out passed my cpc jan 2013 lol doing this on my phone thats my excuse and im sticking to it… but joking apart any advice guys please if your driving where did you start ? Anything like that im willing to put the effort in and go see them instead of the old just phone and pray method

Perhaps it’s back to the point if the OP goes into another line of work for 2 years, then after that he’ll be closer to 25 and having had his licence for 2 years everyone will want him.

Course he may have forgotten everything he learnt… :smiley:

Yh you have got a point but im not the sort of person that gives up im going to keep trying im working for birmingham city council at the minute through one of my agencies but im not driving as much as I want to im stuck in the yard most the time but im getting a drivers wage and when I do drive its the class 2 refuse vehicles so I am getting some experience

Anymore companies or advice please folks keep them coming in please everything helps thank you. if you dont want to put something on the forum please feel free to personal message me thanks again

Hi , you could try Giffords ,west bromwich . They have a sign up in there yard looking for drivers .
Allso try each and every skip hire / recycling company in the area , Laurences in kidderminster for example .
cheers Mike

Thanks mike thats great advice just what im looking for i live in Kidderminster lol will try giffords and Im starting a list of all the skip hire, recycling companies and im going to work through them one by one to cover all my options, a few people have said skip hire companies and recycling to me, are they more likely to take on new drivers ? I might have been barking up the wrong tree because ive mainly been trying delivery companies like Night Freight, TNT, DHL, Fox ect ect

One thing to try is to locate firms that you may have not known existed near you, the VOSA have a website that lists applications for O licence holders, then you Google their name to get the contact information.
The site lists firms adding to their fleet or owner driver starting up, they may be looking for a driver for holiday/sickness.
Lets say you see Joe Bloggs adding 6 more vehicles/trailers to their parking place,drive round to see them as Emails and phone calls get avoided.

Sorry this isn’t much help as I’m not from your way but I would imagine skip companies or similar lines would be more willing to take you on and would give you some great experience, you’d be up and down tight roads in an out off people’s driveways so its probably a great way to learn have you thought off doing a hiab course that would open up a few more doors, it’s difficult at the moment it’s a vicious circle you have no experience but no one wants to give you any so what can you do just keep trying dont email or send cvs spend a Saturday morning driving around as many yards as you can and just tell them you’ve had very regular agency driving they aren’t to know if you’ve done a day a week or 7, good luck.

toby1234abc:
One thing to try is to locate firms that you may have not known existed near you, the VOSA have a website that lists applications for O licence holders, then you Google their name to get the contact information.
The site lists firms adding to their fleet or owner driver starting up, they may be looking for a driver for holiday/sickness.
Lets say you see Joe Bloggs adding 6 more vehicles/trailers to their parking place,drive round to see them as Emails and phone calls get avoided.

Was this it?

tan.gov.uk/tanen/VOSA_Anonym … ch_New.asp

Bit of trouble actually getting to it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply on my post it is really helping giving me some fresh ideas and hopefully a better approach carnt tell you all how much I appreciate it… if anyone else can add to this please do I will continue to check daily and I will always post a reply and hopefully one day I can help someone who is in my position now

How about rather than being lazy get out there speak to companies take cvs knock doors do the leg work yourself

Try your local Driver Hire office. They’ll give you a theory type test at interview (no probs if you’ve recently done DCPC) and you might be surprised what they come up with. I struggled to get work once I told other agencies I’d done purely tipper work for 11 years. Within a few days I was on night work running fresh produce, days for Warburtons bread, dustcarts and luckily, where I’d applied for a job days before. Which helped me get the full time well paid job I do now.

Ok muckaway thanks for the advise will give that a try

Try aspray24 wv136ep. Wages aren’t brilliant but it’s a starting point.