HELP Lost lights down one side ! SOLVED SOLVED

Hi Can you help guys please,im on a run in Europe and while doing my check i have no side lights on the front or any lights down the offside
Checked the fuses all OK
Sorry its a 2004 7.5 DAF
.Online every hour to check out any help
Cheers
Ray

swapped the electric suzie around? Does sound more like a fuse though.

streaky:
swapped the electric suzie around? Does sound more like a fuse though.

i think it’s a 7.5 tonne rigid

I would check the bulbs but it does sound more like a fuse if all the offside have gone out

Oh yeah! :blush:
It won’t be a suzie then :exclamation: :wink:

if it’s a 2004 with a lot of mileage it could be a wire which has corroded,best thing would be to lift the cab and have a good look round,cant think what else it could be,maybe a relay.

still most likely a fuse though.

Normally there is a fuse for each side of a vehicle,right and left side lights and sometimes a fuse for each of the headlight beams,high and low.
There should be a diagram telling which fuses are which and it may be worth checking them all even if they look OK,change them to be sure.

Cheers Guys its a very low miles truck ,just checked the Bulbs and all are ok
Its a ridgid 20ft box
The german Vosa asked me to turn on the lights and a small crackle was heard
Have full beam
brake lights
Head lights
Near side all OK but no front side light

No lights at all off side

Cheers
Ray

IM buggered no lights no move! and not forgetting my fine

Slob:
IM buggered no lights no move! and not forgetting my fine

for a temp fix find the wires that lead to first bulb on both side and sling a cable from working side to no working side,if that dont work add an earth cable as well. :wink:

Had this on a MAN, was a dodgy relay. They are usually wired like that so as if it happens on the move you are still visable.

judging by the crackle i’m gonna have to go for bad relay or failing that bad earth wire.

cheers chaps ,i got a polish guy with me who is grounded too and he seems clued up i think he said relay

only thing i could suggest is listen to the relays (should be in the fuse box) and see if you can find a crackly one,if it’s not that check for a corroded earth wire running down the line from the lights.

cant hear nothing and cant see any dodgy looking wires,on the fuse box lid it shows lights relay we swapped it with the exhaust thingy but no change

be carefull swapping relays,just because they may swap around they may be wired differently inside,could be a ■■■■ of smoke :smiley:

usually relays have a picture on the top showing how they are wired and what the different prongs are doing,i would’nt think an exhaust relay would be the same.

Check the fuses and don’t rely on pictures on fuse box cover

Swap the o/s fuses and relays with the n/s lights if they work and the other side are out you know that’s your problem it sounds like a bad earth or damaged wire have you taken the lenses cover off the side light on the cab roof and taken the rear light unit off I’ve never driven a daf but have had a similar problem on an man before the roof side light can let water in If there’s damage or a poor seal same goes for the rear light cluster good luck.

Slob:
Hi Can you help guys please,im on a run in Europe and while doing my check i have no side lights on the front or any lights down the offside
Checked the fuses all OK
Sorry its a 2004 7.5 DAF
.Online every hour to check out any help
Cheers
Ray

Had the same problem gettin off the ferry found to have no lights down the N/S it was daylight so risked it back to the yard. Anyway turned out to be wiring HTH