Help i need a job

i was just wondering if there is anyone out there who knows of any firm’s that are setting on,ive held a class 1 for 12 years and got laid off 2 months ago i live in the mansfield area,but i’m willing to work away from home,tramping work is not a problem,willing to work for any professional company within the uk,ireland or france,any leads would be grateful

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome crazyjay :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:** ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg)

It seems to be the current trend in this downturn - lots of experienced LGV drivers are finding themselves in the same situation.

Good hunting :slight_smile:

As Rog says, lots of experienced LGV drivers are finding themselves in the same situation, experience means very little these days :cry:

Good luck,

Tiger.

The way things are at the moment your best bet is to use your legs rather than the pen and the phone, a lot of its down to being in the right place at the right time and getting your face remembered.

Hello crazy j. My mate works at aag in tuxford on days and says they will be taking on 3 day and 3 night men soon. Worth a try?
Other than that what about barry taylors or maurice hill?

what about this …

derby job

i know its derby but beggers cant be choosers. depends on what side of mansfield you live and what side of derby the job is.

Or the steads vacancy. They do a lot of flat work which seems to put a lot of but the kit seems good. Just off the a614 at mapperley top i think

For the boys in mansfield steads at dorket head near calverton are lookling for drivers i know they have clean motors and all no older than 3 years old the work involves nights out i would exspect but from what i haer there a decent firm to work for, i tried myself but they wanted more experiance

give wests of ilkeston a ring, they do loads of work for boots&united biscuits ,always seem to be busy.no nights out thou that was stopped a while ago.hope this helps.

Heard on the grapevine yesterday that Maurice Hills, Taylors, and Wests are all looking to set drivers on.

start with agencies there will be some work til xmas

i will give west’s a ring,maurice hills run bent done some work 4 them before 27 hours straight through ain’t no fun and as for taylors they only pay £7.50 ph,i’ve been to see a few agencies and basically they can only offer me maybe 1-2 days work until the begining of december then they say it will go mad,they say if you work xmas week at NFT you can take home a grand just for that week

crazyjay:
and as for taylors they only pay £7.50 ph,i’ve been to see a few agencies and basically they can only offer me maybe 1-2 days work until the begining of december then they say it will go mad,they say if you work xmas week at NFT you can take home a grand just for that week

there you go you have just lost all sympathy of everyone :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: beggers cant be choosers.

also you have moaned about having no work for 2 months and now people have put themselves out and given you some contacts, you have found fault and joined the " agency grand a week " band. well you needed to be well in with the agency before to earn the big bucks and the agency is going to be dead in about 3 weeks till next may. so good luck with the agency.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

you tell me can live on £7.50 an hour on a basic 40 hour week correct no 1

Well it’s gotta beat living on the dole, especially after 2 months. :unamused:

true,

crazyjay:

I could live on this, it beats earning nothing :unamused: it’s a case of living within your means. That’s why there are so many house buyers whinging, they borrowed more than they could comfortably afford and now find themselves in the mire.

Tiger.

crazyjay:

well there isnt many firms just doing 40hrs so what was the overtime rate :question:
i know work out my wage on 60 hrs as that is what i find most firms aim for, on top of that as i said in my previous post you might get 3/4 good weeks in on the agency and that will be more or less it til next may. oh and before i forget you can guarntee in jan you rate will drop to about £8ph and on the agency you will only do 8 ish hours come january.

and i would rather work in a definate job at £7.50 the be in and out of work on these jobs…

LocationALFRETON, DERBYSHIRE
Hours45 HOURS MONDAY TO FRIDAY BETWEEN 4AM AND 2PM
Wage £8.00 PER HOUR
Work PatternDays
EmployerQS Recruitment
PensionNo details held

DurationTEMPORARY ONLY

Description
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of QS Recruitment who are operating as an employment business. Must hold a current LGV + C licence with previous commercial driving experience, must hold a digital tachograph card. You will be making depot to depot deliveries or trailer changes throughout the country carrying chilled and frozen food. No hand balling involved. Drivers will be required to refuel the vehicles and the fridge units on return to the depot. This is a temporary position for 2 months.

How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01159 422008 and asking for Brian Smith.

Job Title CLASS 1 DRIVER WOP/33797

LocationWORKSOP, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
Hours8 TO 40 PER WEEK MONDAY TO SATURDAY SHIFTS OVER 24 HOURS
Wage £8 TO £9 PER HOUR
Work PatternDays , Evenings , Nights , Weekends
EmployerBest Connection
PensionNo details held

DurationTEMPORARY ONLY

Description
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Best Connection who are operating as an employment business. Temporary for up to 5 months. Must hold a current class 1 licence minor points considered. Duties are straight trunk runs and store deliveries.

How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01246 209222 and asking for Rob Mittell.

Job Title LGV C+E TRUNK DRIVER BUW/30068

LocationWATNALL, NOTTINGHAM, NOTTS
Hours40 PER WEEK, 5/6 DAYS BETWEEN 5AM-3PM
Wage £7.50 PER HOUR
Work PatternDays , Weekends
EmployerQS Recruitment
PensionNo details held

DurationTEMPORARY ONLY

Description
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of QS Recruitment who are operating as an employment business. Applicants must have an LGV C+E licence with no more than 9 penalty points and no drink driving convictions. This job involves depot to depot night trunking to a maximum of two depots per night. The driver will be responsible for helping unload the vehicles by moving the load to the back of the trailer. This position is temporary for 2 months.

How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01159 422008 and asking for Brian Smith.

thats just 3 of a very short list.

hitch:
start with agencies there will be some work til xmas

Are you sure ■■ :confused:

i can’t live on 7.50 an hour but it’s better than the dole that is a joke. The problem i had was buyin at the wrong time a hard lesson learnt now.