Hellllppppp!

Guys, I wonder if there is anyone in the Aberdeen area who can help with an emergency. I have a shopfitting job which needs done overnight tonight. Our truck full of gear has arrived and the tail lift won’t work. Our haulier has called out an engineer who could be 90 mins away and we are desparate to get on with the job.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

have you put the cowbells lead on

Driver reckons he has tried everything he can. Apparently it was tested earlier today and was working.

is it folded to the back doors or underslung to the body?

Get a pair of gloves and form a human chain… It’s hand balling time :laughing:

jth123:
Guys, I wonder if there is anyone in the Aberdeen area who can help with an emergency. I have a shopfitting job which needs done overnight tonight. Our truck full of gear has arrived and the tail lift won’t work. Our haulier has called out an engineer who could be 90 mins away and we are desparate to get on with the job.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Shop fitting,would this be a rigid,have you switched it on on the dashboard :question:
If your using a cowbell when you pull over locking clamp they don’t always clamp cowbell tight enough into socket on tri,so put a bit of cardboard between clamp and cowbell
Have a look inside tri to make sure switch is not set to work tail lift from inside tri,not outside,think it should be set at 10 to 12,not 10 past
Is the back forwards switch on outside controls at 12 o’clock,sometimes stick at 10 to 12,0r 10 past 12,needs to be at 12 oclock

We can’t handball - the goods are glazed counters and are too heavy to lift off by hand

Tail lift is slung under…

how cold is it,i used to pour boiling water over the hydraulic fluid container(cant remember wots correct name for it) if to cold

Is it a rigid if so there is normally a switch in the cab to switch the power on to the taillift

ipswich123:
how cold is it,i used to pour boiling water over the hydraulic fluid container(cant remember wots correct name for it) if to cold

Reservoir :bulb:

have a look to see if there is a small wheel just above the lift if its snapped off there is nothing you lads can do. but if ti hasn’t try to push it down (not to hard mind only fragile) its a safety devise so the lift wont snap wires when put away. if that doesn’t help then could be wire fault in control box

It’s a curtain sider artic.

Good shout Ipswich - it is very cold and now snowing… we’ll take a look at that…

Suedehead:

ipswich123:

Reservoir :bulb:

thanks

Just cause the cowbell is in don’t always mean it’ll work maybe a loose fit
Useally a piece of card between lever and cowbell to make it a tighter fit works, if it’s the cowbell at fault.

As already said, there may be a switch in the cab or a plastic key to turn it on at the controls or there may be controls inside the body swiched to inside use so it won’t work from outside. There might be a large fuse connector near the back of the control box which will corrode in the salty road conditions.

Thanks Karl - will do.

Probably a poxy wire corroded.Get a lot of it this time of year due to the salt on the roads.
Not much help i know . . good luck btw.

Thanks poleman. We’ve been tinkering with anything & everything that looks like it could be a bad connection for about 2.5 hrs now.

Just our luck it had to be the coldest place in the world and 9 at night. Having said that - if it had been Torquay in August the squad would probably be on the beach with a case of beer by now so we might not be any better off! :angry:

Happened to me today.

Used the central locking remote control on the 62 plate Renault Premium, plugged in the tailift (Anderson lead.) and the tailift wouldn’t work. Opened the door manually, and it’s as though using the central locking remote was shutting the power off.

Strange.

Ken.

Might be worth asking the driver if it was tested with the unit he is driving now?? Could be something loose on the tractor unit end.
Try and wiggle the connection on the trailer whilst someone is playing with the controls at the same time to see if it is a loose connection.

Good shout on the fluid being frozen though.