"Heavy Haulage through the years"

I would like to dedicate the following to Dean, since he’s such a fan of those mighty Scammell’s… :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:
I would like to dedicate the following to Dean, since he’s such a fan of those mighty Scammell’s… :wink: [emoji38] [emoji38]

Nice touch Patrick.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jsutherland:

pv83:
I would like to dedicate the following to Dean, since he’s such a fan of those mighty Scammell’s… :wink: [emoji38] [emoji38]

Nice touch Patrick.

Well, you know me mate, always thinking about the well being of others… :wink:

A few more.
Oily

Heavy Haul Wcarter cc by sa 4.0 Oscars stenen at the old P 18 area South of Visby before continuing further South with their cargo. Gotland, Sweden.Vindkraftstransport_Gotlandwc _3.jpg

Heavy Haul tractor Ronnie 5125940740_f804a9e7cf rcc _o.jpg

Heavy Haul tractor Ronnie 4875886608_3f75cb36bf rcc _o.jpg

Heavy Haul  cr EVERYMAN FILMS LTD (EVERYMAN FILMS LTD) cc by 2.0 8640180685_7d62baeb70emfltd_o.jpg

pv83:

Froggy55:
It looks the Renault on second picture is a 6x6; strange, perhaps a conversion made by Tractomas…

Well spotted mate! Looks like the whole cab is placed higher on the chassis doesn’t it? Would it be fitted with a torque converter as well?

It bears the Renault and V8 logos, meaning it must be a Renault Chassis fitted with the 15-litre home-produced V8 rated at 350, 365, 390 or 420 bhp according to the year. The red box behind the cab could then be the cooling unit of a torque converter.

Can’t find more about it, but here’s a standard Berliet TR 350 6x4 operated by the STAG.

pv83:
I would like to dedicate the following to Dean, since he’s such a fan of those mighty Scammell’s… :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I have said it before and i will say it again Patrick “your one crazy son ■■■■■” :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I actually like Scammell’s but do prefer Volvo’s ! :laughing: :laughing:

The red trucks are from the company of R.J.Corman who have a large fleet of low-loaders; usually carrying Caterpillar pipe-layers. They are the go-to company for train derailments across the States and into Canada. R.J.Corman started with a digger and tipper; doing level-crossing repairs in 1973, now they have their own trains and tracks.

ChrisArbon:

The red trucks are from the company of R.J.Corman who have a large fleet of low-loaders; usually carrying Caterpillar pipe-layers. They are the go-to company for train derailments across the States and into Canada. R.J.Corman started with a digger and tipper; doing level-crossing repairs in 1973, now they have their own trains and tracks.

Thanks Chris. Interesting style of trailers.
Cheers
Johnny

Some good photos on here.

Just trying to figure out who would have owned HEO 7G when new. Barrow registration. Too early for Brady or Athersmith to be buying foreign. Can’t think who it would have been, although I would have liked it at the time!
John.

IMG_0588.JPG

John West:

Just trying to figure out who would have owned HEO 7G when new. Barrow registration. Too early for Brady or Athersmith to be buying foreign. Can’t think who it would have been, although I would have liked it at the time!
John.

Sorry John Brady,s where running this Scania 110 probly one of there first of many
This one was possibly based at Westbrom or Felixstowe as they got the first one,s
Although I got JEO165H a110 on days it did the tanker run on night,s could not believe
There was a motor as good as that in 1968 after driving Leyland Atkinson etc years ahead
Of any English motor

Leyland 680:

John West:

John.

Sorry John Brady,s where running this Scania 110 probly one of there first of many
This one was possibly based at Westbrom or Felixstowe as they got the first one,s
Although I got JEO165H a110 on days it did the tanker run on night,s could not believe
There was a motor as good as that in 1968 after driving Leyland Atkinson etc years ahead
Of any English motor

Who was on nights Frank ? Albert ? Cheers Dennis.

Be leave it or not Dennis Possy and old Albert son who was called Dennis was the other day man his motor was HEO 999H cheer,s

Leyland 680:

John West:

John.

Of any English motor

Well, thanks Frank, knock me over with a feather! I didn’t remember that. I did meet a guy with an EO registered Scania in Dhahran. He was from Blackpool and that was an ex Brady motor, but that was in about 1982.

John.

Leyland 680:
Be leave it or not Dennis Possy and old Albert son who was called Dennis was the other day man his motor was HEO 999H cheer,s

Eric must have finally left Bradys not long after to start at Bowies then Frank ! 'Cos I used to come across him driving one of those poxy BMC Lairds pulling them single axle curtainsider trailers, if the wind was blowing in the wrong direction they nearly stopped ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Leyland 680:

Eric must have finally left Bradys not long after to start at Bowies then Frank ! 'Cos I used to come across him driving one of those poxy BMC Lairds pulling them single axle curtainsider trailers, if the wind was blowing in the wrong direction they nearly stopped ! Cheers Dennis.

Yes probably your right Dennis so many came and went at Brady’s
By the way the Scania John was on about sure Bull Davies had that
motor when he went on Continental for Brady’s Frank

Leyland 680:

Bewick:

Leyland 680:

Yes probably your right Dennis so many came and went at Brady’s
By the way the Scania John was on about sure Bull Davies had that
motor when he went on Continental for Brady’s Frank

Aye Frank poor old Bull I remember going to see him at home in Beetham after he had retired from Bewick Transport and by this time he was in a bad way suffering from the Big C. he had been given bigger doses of kemo than he should have had but it had actually given him a couple of extra months. We sat at his back kitchen table and had a couple of drams but that was the last I saw of him, he was gone in a few weeks later. But we had a good “Wake” for him in the Wheatsheaf and I was allowed to sit on his stool in “The Leyland” corner at the Bar ! He had been on Continental with a waggon and drag at R O Hodgsons but he was on Charlie Alexanders when he started for us and he was with us for about 15 years or so until he retired. I used to see him and Connie in the Club at Endmoor some times. Bull could tell you where the cheapest drams were to be had in the CIU Clubs up and down the UK and it was rumoured that he had a couple of optics fitted behind the back curtains in his last motor the FL10 6x2 just in case he wasn’t parked up near a CIU Club ! Cheers Dennis.

A mixed selection.

hh337.PNG

hh338.PNG

hh339.jpg

hh340.jpg

Hi guy some great post and pics on here Thanks for posting them :smiley:
Been some time since i posted annything,been mental at work. But here are some pics from last weeks trip. Me Bobby and Pontus loaded a two part crusher and hitachi 670 in Stockholm and took it to a place near Idre witch is about 500km north west. And that took pretty mutch 9h to cower. Lots of hills and not to big roads,and passing through Swedens biggest skitesort. I was the light one 10300kg Bobby was around 110000kg and Pontus was at 115000kg but it was abit overkill with the two axl at the front you can do that load with my set up but he is from 300km north of Stockholm and had a bigload when coming down.

Danne

Dirty Dan:
Hi guy some great post and pics on here Thanks for posting them :smiley:
Been some time since i posted annything,been mental at work. But here are some pics from last weeks trip. Me Bobby and Pontus loaded a two part crusher and hitachi 670 in Stockholm and took it to a place near Idre witch is about 500km north west. And that took pretty mutch 9h to cower. Lots of hills and not to big roads,and passing through Swedens biggest skitesort. I was the light one 10300kg Bobby was around 110000kg and Pontus was at 115000kg but it was abit overkill with the two axl at the front you can do that load with my set up but he is from 300km north of Stockholm and had a bigload when coming down.

Danne

I was beginning to wonder where you were hiding :wink: Thanks for the pictures. You are already having snow??
Regards
Johnny

Thanks mate! Well ive been here just lurking looking around to see that you are good :smiley:
About the snow,hmm well up there it can be but i dont think it last to long. It the first snow the year up there so.

Did a big CAT D10 from gothenburg a couple of weeks a go,acctually to pretty mutch the same place as they cruscher. Strange that is i havent been up there for atleast 10-15years and two times a mounth.
The trip whent well but there are a couple 8-9%hills but my truck is really good puller so no problem :sunglasses:

Danne

IMG_9063.JPG