"Heavy Haulage through the years"

A ERF which looks like it was operated by a company in Barcelona.

erfbw1.png

erfbw.png

Dirty Dan:
Thanks mate! Well ive been here just lurking looking around to see that you are good :smiley:
About the snow,hmm well up there it can be but i dont think it last to long. It the first snow the year up there so.

Did a big CAT D10 from gothenburg a couple of weeks a go,acctually to pretty mutch the same place as they cruscher. Strange that is i havent been up there for atleast 10-15years and two times a mounth.
The trip whent well but there are a couple 8-9%hills but my truck is really good puller so no problem :sunglasses:

Danne

Thanks Dan. It sure looks a heavy one. Is your truck still going well after getting a new turbo a while back?

Nice photos.
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

023.JPG

Thanks to Chris Arbon, Oily, Froggy, Danne and Dean for the pic’s :wink:

ChrisArbon:

The red trucks are from the company of R.J.Corman who have a large fleet of low-loaders; usually carrying Caterpillar pipe-layers. They are the go-to company for train derailments across the States and into Canada. R.J.Corman started with a digger and tipper; doing level-crossing repairs in 1973, now they have their own trains and tracks.

Thought that that red one in the last pic looked odd, I then realised it was a rigid with an artic standing behind it… right, I’m off to specsavers…
As usual, very interesting axle set-up they use on the other side of the pond, cheers for posting Chris :wink:

Dirty Dan:
Hi guy some great post and pics on here Thanks for posting them :smiley:
Been some time since i posted annything,been mental at work. But here are some pics from last weeks trip. Me Bobby and Pontus loaded a two part crusher and hitachi 670 in Stockholm and took it to a place near Idre witch is about 500km north west. And that took pretty mutch 9h to cower. Lots of hills and not to big roads,and passing through Swedens biggest skitesort. I was the light one 10300kg Bobby was around 110000kg and Pontus was at 115000kg but it was abit overkill with the two axl at the front you can do that load with my set up but he is from 300km north of Stockholm and had a bigload when coming down.

Danne

Nice ones mate, cheers for posting :wink: How’s the new trailer coming along then, got it all sorted out now?

DEANB:

Interesting pic’s mate, wonder how a ERF ended up there… bearing in mind that Franco was in control at the time…?

scannen0014-border.jpg

FTT 300.jpg

Pv83, 5th black and white photo of Baker’s erf, I can’t quite make the registration out,but I believe I mated that back in the early 1960’s!!!,(from school!!) nicely turned out motor’s as I remember red lower half,grey upper half,white roof, and gold leaf for BAKER across the front,many thanks.

Pv83, 5th black and white photo of Baker’s erf, I can’t quite make the registration out,but I believe I mated that back in the early 1960’s!!!,(from school!!) nicely turned out motor’s as I remember red lower half,grey upper half,white roof, and gold leaf for BAKER across the front,many thanks.

trunker08:

Happy to oblige mate :wink:

Think the registration is 4499 TR…?

pv83:

Dirty Dan:
Been some time since i posted annything,been mental at work. But here are some pics from last weeks trip. Me Bobby and Pontus loaded a two part crusher and hitachi 670 in Stockholm and took it to a place near Idre witch is about 500km north west. And that took pretty mutch 9h to cower. Lots of hills and not to big roads,and passing through Swedens biggest skitesort. I was the light one 10300kg Bobby was around 110000kg and Pontus was at 115000kg but it was abit overkill with the two axl at the front you can do that load with my set up but he is from 300km north of Stockholm and had a bigload when coming down.

Danne

Nice ones mate, cheers for posting :wink: How’s the new trailer coming along then, got it all sorted out now?

Thanks mate! Lot fun i the snow…
Well acctually im of back to Norway this week so they can fix it,the owner of the company and a mechanic was down here for two days and couldent get it done so now up to Inderöy to get done.

Danne

pv83:

DEANB:

Interesting pic’s mate, wonder how a ERF ended up there… bearing in mind that Franco was in control at the time…?

I must admit Patrick i had to look twice at the pics but i am sure it says Barcelona on the side ! :unamused:

Now this is another strange one ! Obviously a major breakdown as they have had to take the cab off
to lift the engine out. However i cant undertand why they never used another tractor to pull the load.
Appreciate it was a heavy haulage unit and they may have been a bit rare back when this pic was taken
but it looks like this would have taken a while to complete ■■ What truck do you reckon a Pacific ■■

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Thanks mate! Lot fun i the snow…
Well acctually im of back to Norway this week so they can fix it,the owner of the company and a mechanic was down here for two days and couldent get it done so now up to Inderöy to get done.

Danne

Alright, nice trip again then eh :wink:

DEANB:

pv83:

DEANB:

I must admit Patrick i had to look twice at the pics but i am sure it says Barcelona on the side ! :unamused:

Now this is another strange one ! Obviously a major breakdown as they have had to take the cab off
to lift the engine out. However i cant undertand why they never used another tractor to pull the load.
Appreciate it was a heavy haulage unit and they may have been a bit rare back when this pic was taken
but it looks like this would have taken a while to complete ■■ What truck do you reckon a Pacific ■■

Can you find out more about that Spanish ERF then mate? I’m quite intrigued now to be honest… :wink:

As you say Dean, not a lot of tractor units were around those days to pull a load like that, and not having any time pressure whatsoever I can imagine this was the most efficient solution…? Looks like a Pacific indeed, but I’m sure the more “experienced” lads on here will know… :wink:

pv83:

DEANB:

pv83:

DEANB:

Can you find out more about that Spanish ERF then mate? I’m quite intrigued now to be honest… :wink:

As you say Dean, not a lot of tractor units were around those days to pull a load like that, and not having any time pressure whatsoever I can imagine this was the most efficient solution…? Looks like a Pacific indeed, but I’m sure the more “experienced” lads on here will know… :wink:

I notice that ERF has RHD. Robert