"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DEANB:

pv83:
Herr Sutherland is just being jealous Dean 'cause I’m faster as a one man band instead of having Johnny on as my co-driver [emoji38] [emoji38]
He would make a grand pilot though as he lately showed me in Germany, getting rid of all the [zb] on the autobahn :grimacing:

Johnny showed you how to drive on the autobahn then chap,bit quick was it ? :unamused: [emoji38] [emoji38] :wink:

Couple of your favourite’s ! :wink:

Dean, he was flying along. Once he got his mean machine wound up there was no holding him back… [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

16525416855_1ef81d5b8c_b.jpg

Thought the Dafs would have enough without pushing that old ERF !!

dosser:

:laughing: :laughing:

oiltreader:
Various again.
Oily

Cheers Oily, you’re on fire mate :wink:

jsutherland:

DEANB:

pv83:
Herr Sutherland is just being jealous Dean 'cause I’m faster as a one man band instead of having Johnny on as my co-driver [emoji38] [emoji38]
He would make a grand pilot though as he lately showed me in Germany, getting rid of all the [zb] on the autobahn :grimacing:

Johnny showed you how to drive on the autobahn then chap,bit quick was it ? :unamused: [emoji38] [emoji38] :wink:

Dean, he was flying along. Once he got his mean machine wound up there was no holding him back… [emoji3]

And all that with that hidious 'box on board, imagine how it would have been with a proper 'box :laughing: :laughing:

Post that pic you took of the back of the trailer please Johnny, proper evidence to proof to Dean that I’m not always held up in a Les Routiers… :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

dosser:

:laughing: :laughing:

It’s to slow the DAF’s down mate, neighbours complained about the speed and noise… :laughing:

Cheers Robert, nice one mate!

pv83:

jsutherland:

DEANB:

pv83:

And all that with that hidious 'box on board, imagine how it would have been with a proper 'box :laughing: :laughing:

Post that pic you took of the back of the trailer please Johnny, proper evidence to proof to Dean that I’m not always held up in a Les Routiers… :wink:

Herr Patrick - your wish is my command :wink:
Cheers, Johnny

pv83:

jsutherland:

DEANB:

pv83:

Cheers, Johnny
[/quote]
Johnny, Nice to see the Patrick actually doing some work ! :laughing: Patrick we all know its not the Les Routiers you are held up more like the “bag houses” :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

A mixed selection.

hh331.jpg

DEANB:

pv83:

Cheers, Johnny

Johnny, Nice to see the Patrick actually doing some work ! :laughing: Patrick we all know its not the Les Routiers you are held up more like the “bag houses” :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

It pains me to admit this, but Patrick does actually work rather hard - at least compared to me these days. His life is made a tad more bearable by driving a nice truck, being paid to travel around Europe, visit Les Routiers from time to time, having time to take in the German countryside (stuck in traffic jams on autobahns) etc. and last but not least, no more manual gear changes. All in all, not a bad life for a young un :smiley: :smiley:. However, when you are young, you don’t always appreciate such things… It could be that he has a different take on some off the pluses I have listed.
Regards
Johnny

Some great pictures Dean. You sure have quite a collection!

jsutherland:

DEANB:

pv83:

Cheers, Johnny

It pains me to admit this, but Patrick does actually work rather hard - at least compared to me these days. His life is made a tad more bearable by driving a nice truck, being paid to travel around Europe, visit Les Routiers from time to time, having time to take in the German countryside (stuck in traffic jams on autobahns) etc. and last but not least, no more manual gear changes. All in all, not a bad life for a young un :smiley: :smiley:. However, when you are young, you don’t always appreciate such things… It could be that he has a different take on some off the pluses I have listed.
Regards
Johnny

You should have stopped after that first sentence mate… :laughing:

Stag.

It looks the Renault on second picture is a 6x6; strange, perhaps a conversion made by Tractomas…

Couple of photos of Bonzo Bear at Burnley heavy equipment model show. Geoff Makinson who has bought it to redo in original Chris Millar colours brought it along heard it started up and it sounds well, although there is a lot of work to fully restore it to it’s original glory. Middle photo shows plate that Mack fitted calling vehicle Bonzo Bear.

Trio of newer Mercedes at show.

Froggy55:
It looks the Renault on second picture is a 6x6; strange, perhaps a conversion made by Tractomas…

Well spotted mate! Looks like the whole cab is placed higher on the chassis doesn’t it? Would it be fitted with a torque converter as well?

hh500e.jpg

jshepguis:
Couple of photos of Bonzo Bear at Burnley heavy equipment model show. Geoff Makinson who has bought it to redo in original Chris Millar colours brought it along heard it started up and it sounds well, although there is a lot of work to fully restore it to it’s original glory. Middle photo shows plate that Mack fitted calling vehicle Bonzo Bear.

Cheers mate! Saw Bonzo at the Dorset fair in August pulling up the hill… reckon the skies are still black up there… :wink:
And saw Bonzo two weeks ago in Amsterdam, the ballast box was removed, so the restoration work has begun, going to be a tough job to get it restored by the looks of it… posted some pic’s of Bonzo on the “Saviems fan club” thread if you’re interested.

12074920_10206162705119274_7667296993143959893_n.jpg