"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Buzzer

Buzzer

All credit to Richard Says for these photos.
Oily

Heavy Haul Richard 52077527741_a387745eed_5k.jpg

Heavy Haul Richard 52059284331_db5e143f44_5k.jpg

Heavy Haul Richard 51936596902_74b1e578ca_o.jpg

Heavy Haul Richard 51910522802_33be00c1d8_5k.jpg

Buzzer

Three Antars were imported into Australia to work on the Snowy Mountain Scheme. On completion of the SMS they were all sold to another operator, who worked them to death, before they were all scrapped.
The one above was a later import, ex MoD by the looks.

Star down under.:
Three Antars were imported into Australia to work on the Snowy Mountain Scheme. On completion of the SMS they were all sold to another operator, who worked them to death, before they were all scrapped.

One of them on site s d u.
Oily

oiltreader:

Star down under.:

One of them on site s d u.
Oily

Thanks Oily.
Back in the days when men were men…and many of the women had to be men too. :laughing:

It took a while to find but here’s a photo of my mates Detroit powered Bedford ,his brother had a similar unit.
The tri axle trailer was the first Frauhoff purchased here in WA.

Dig

Buzzer

DIG:
It took a while to find but here’s a photo of my mates Detroit powered Bedford ,his brother had a similar unit.
The tri axle trailer was the first Frauhoff purchased here in WA.

Dig

Old Chittering rego on the big Beddy.
Ya couldn’t kill those Fruhauf Super Heftys with a big stick. I had one, if it wasn’t overloaded, it wasn’t ready to go. Record was 84 tonne.

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Strewth, that tram looks roped on with a couple of dollies to that little Elliot’s trailer. Can’t see any other restraint, wonder how long it stayed in place, or did they go ever so ever so slowly. :laughing:

Spardo:
Strewth, that tram looks roped on with a couple of dollies to that little Elliot’s trailer. Can’t see any other restraint, wonder how long it stayed in place, or did they go ever so ever so slowly. :laughing:

That tram looks like one of many ex Liverpool Corporation trams that were sold to Glasgow in the mid 1950s,
and operated there until about 1960. I hope the Scammell driver put a Double Hitch in his roping schedule. :slight_smile:

Ray.