"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Buzzer

Buzzer

I love the way the Vanguard’s passenger is leaning out to counter the weight like a racing sidecar driver, or me on my trike. :laughing: :laughing:

Spardo:
I love the way the Vanguard’s passenger is leaning out to counter the weight like a racing sidecar driver, or me on my trike. :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Best Fleet category winner Castle Donnington August 20/21st 2022

Buzzer

MacAleese went through a number of owners before before being bought by the family owned, Western Australian based Centurian Transport.

youtu.be/5SrUWeodRP0

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Weren’t Jacques from the greater London area?

This is a feature that appeared in a French magazine long time ago, about EDF transporting a large generator.

Some more pic’s from the EDF archives.

Fascinating, Patrick, shame I couldn’t get the print large enough to read. Do you know what the wagon is? Love the lunch break, a glass of something red with a sandwich. :smiley:

pv83:

Watford

Suedehead:

pv83:

Watford

Cheers :wink:

Spardo:
Fascinating, Patrick, shame I couldn’t get the print large enough to read. Do you know what the wagon is? Love the lunch break, a glass of something red with a sandwich. :smiley:

It’s a M25/26 Pacific, the backbone for so many heavy haulage operations, most of them were fitted with diesel engines, as the original Hall-Scot petrol engine wasn’t exactly that good on fuel consumption, it was more a matter of “how many gallons to the mile” :wink:

pv83:

Spardo:

It’s a M25/26 Pacific, the backbone for so many heavy haulage operations, most of them were fitted with diesel engines, as the original Hall-Scot petrol engine wasn’t exactly that good on fuel consumption, it was more a matter of “how many gallons to the mile” :wink:

Cheers, I had something like that in the back of my mind but just thought I’d check. I remember seeing examples in Wynn’s colours too. :slight_smile:
Love the way the doors fold all the way back, handy for a quick exit in extremis. :wink: :laughing:

70 ton Scrap handler en route from Gt Yarmouth to Glasgow over this weekend Senior Cat 3 Driver Jase Cope in charge and ably assisted by a.c.e. ■■■■■■ driver Tommy P.