"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Buzzer

ERF-NGC-European:

I assume that the first picture of the Scammell and the Mini car is
in the Isle of Man, they both have MN number plates. Cheers, Ray.

Buzzer

288863405_1239414153567823_7488974221780663947_n.jpg

IMG_9848.JPG
One of the latest additions to the MAP heavy haul trailer fleet a Faymonville double extender with remotely steered running gear shot while standing in the depot brand new ready to go to work !

ERF-NGC-European:
Scammell Highwayman 997 UMN.jpg

I love the atmosphere of that picture! Is the truck a Highwayman?

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

I think so yes, an intermediate model between mudguards which turned with the front wheels and static guards but without the late curved screens.

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

A very English scene, I agree! The atmosphere would have been somewhat noisier in the cab though! This example has the curvy windscreens (as mentioned above).

IMG_0001_NEW.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

A very English scene, I agree! The atmosphere would have been somewhat noisier in the cab though! This example has the curvy windscreens (as mentioned above).

Many memories with that view of the cab. Mine had a throttle lock lever on the right hand side of the bonnet - cruise control in the '60s :laughing: :laughing: , but it never worked, somewhere along the way the wire had snapped. But not to be outdone a carefully selected piece of wood was found which, when jammed between the accelerator pedal and a protruding screw on the bulkhead, served as a reliable alternative. I used to boast that, after setting that on the A1 I could transfer to the passenger seat and get my left arm brown for once, at 38 mph I never caught anyone else up. :unamused:

But I might have dreamt that. :blush:

Buzzer

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

It looks it even has a proper windscreen defrosting device!

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

Yes, and also yet another variant of a split curvy windscreen, my model (earlier? or later?), had just one split in the centre and then a great unbroken sweep round to the door post. :smiley:

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

Probably just a de-mister :laughing:

ERF-NGC-European:
Probably just a de-mister :laughing:

I think almost certainly, but do you remember, usually on the rear windows of cars a slim heater bar about a foot long connected to the electrical system? Never had one myself so no idea how effective they were.

Hi Dennis although not a heavy haulage shot found this picture so thought I would post it for your perusal as its a Ponsonby motor, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Hi Dennis although not a heavy haulage shot found this picture so thought I would post it for your perusal as its a Ponsonby motor, Buzzer

Classic shot John as I only thought D J Ponsonby ran Scanias ! D J P was Mike’s Grandfather. Regards Dennis.

Buzzer