"Heavy Haulage through the years"

14522754975_fd3c1067f4_z.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Nice find,haven’t seen this one before I think.

Both Van Wezel and Van Leeuwen ended up in the Mammoet group, so this pic was taken previous of that event :wink:

Staying on the Autocar theme for a bit longer, I dug up some brochures with brief information regarding model, engine and gearbox.

5thwheel:

pv83:
Speaking of Heanor having some interesting kit, who remembers the HHT tractor units they’d built, this one being HHT 001.

With the Volvo cab no less!

I used ride shotgun on a similar Scammel that Pat used to drive at S.L.Robinson at Cheadle Holme.

David

Wow, really? How was it to drive? As I’ve always imagined it would be bit of a struggle…?

The Autocar AP 19 is a mighty beast! I tried to get further information, and it’s everywhere said it was powered by a 525 bhp ■■■■■■■ V 12.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocar_Company
trucksplanet.com/models/autocar-ap-19/

I reckon the endless bonnet conceals a big cooling circuit?

pv83:

5thwheel:

pv83:
Speaking of Heanor having some interesting kit, who remembers the HHT tractor units they’d built, this one being HHT 001.

I used ride shotgun on a similar Scammel that Pat used to drive at S.L.Robinson at Cheadle Holme.

David

Wow, really? How was it to drive? As I’ve always imagined it would be bit of a struggle…?

Very cramped cab and noisy with the Big Cam ■■■■■■■ engine,used to make a lovely growl with the Jacobs brake,but generally a reliable piece of kit IIRC.

David

What a wonderful beast PV83! The caption says ‘16 speed unitized trans’. I wonder what a ‘unitized’ transmission means - semi-automated perhaps, or some sort of Allison set up?

120734655_4119866351362832_3860054609119829225_n.jpg

pv83:
[quot]

Tidy looking unit DIG, I don’t suppose there are many Autocar’s out there though at your neck of the woods? What lump is fitted under the bonnet?

Not much Faun’s left here doing that sort of jobs unfortunately mate, if there were, I would be right on them! :laughing:

Patrick I believe that truck is now fitted with a ■■■■■■■ K19litre engine 525 hp.

He has done a neat job in the rebuild the sleeper looks like a 60inch Kenworth A model cab similar to the one I had on my KW they were quite easy to obtain second hand out of the US at a reasonable price.He has also fitted an Ice Pack A/C unit so creature comfort on hot nights in the north, very neat unit.
If I get that way again we will go find one of those Fauns.

Dig

Been neglecting you Patrick, so a few to be making up.
Oily
Credit to eastleighbusman for the photos.

Credit to 47843 Vulcan for the photos.
Oily

In France credit to Dave Fawcett for the photos.
Oily

This time credit goes to Rab Lawrence for the photos.
Oily

pv83:
Staying on the Autocar theme for a bit longer, I dug up some brochures with brief information regarding model, engine and gearbox.

Patrick, heres a bit on Gerosa,who pics of Autocar you popped on.

Click on pages twice to read.

Great example of how to make a Diamond T look distinguished :wink: (photographer unknown)

Froggy55:
The Autocar AP 19 is a mighty beast! I tried to get further information, and it’s everywhere said it was powered by a 525 bhp ■■■■■■■ V 12.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocar_Company
trucksplanet.com/models/autocar-ap-19/

I reckon the endless bonnet conceals a big cooling circuit?

I would guess so Paul.

5thwheel:

pv83:

5thwheel:

pv83:

David

Cheers David, that is exactly how I imagined it! Pity T&D never took it out on a testdrive… or did they…?

Very cramped cab and noisy with the Big Cam ■■■■■■■ engine,used to make a lovely growl with the Jacobs brake,but generally a reliable piece of kit IIRC.

David

ERF-NGC-European:
What a wonderful beast PV83! The caption says ‘16 speed unitized trans’. I wonder what a ‘unitized’ transmission means - semi-automated perhaps, or some sort of Allison set up?

Semi-auto I reckon, but maybe Dean has got some more info about it?

oiltreader:
Been neglecting you Patrick, so a few to be making up.
Oily
Credit to eastleighbusman for the photos.

You’re spoiling me Oily :laughing:

DEANB:

pv83:

Patrick, heres a bit on Gerosa,who pics of Autocar you popped on.

Click on pages twice to read.

Nice one mate, I wonder if they’re still operating?