"Heavy Haulage through the years"

BRS - Pickfords.

Click on pages twice to read.

Nico-0086.jpg

Nico-0042.jpg

Nico-0146.jpg

Some new Rail cars heading for BHP at Port Hedland WA to go into service on the Mount Newman Line,they were of Stainless steel construction and had a capacity of 110tons of ore.They tared with bogeys attached 24 tons.

Dig

Econofreight on the move :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=hXteZQrpX-g

youtube.com/watch?v=jvZxd9w_lNE

DISPATCHER:

pv83:

DISPATCHER:
1It was an adaption of the trailer King Trailers made to carry Concorde parts11

Did Scheuerle knew about this Chris? As they normally state only couplings made by Scheuerle fit on their modular trailers…?

As far as I know Patrick it was built under contract with Scheurele

Cheers for the info Chris.

combi89:

Welcome back combi89, nice to see the smaller trailers that Nicolas made.

One from the archives.

Proper old school heavy haulage from 1963.

DIG:
Some new Rail cars heading for BHP at Port Hedland WA to go into service on the Mount Newman Line,they were of Stainless steel construction and had a capacity of 110tons of ore.They tared with bogeys attached 24 tons.

Dig

Cheers for posting DIG, it is mind boggling to see how much weight these locomotives can pull, the other day I was in Poland and there was a railroadtrack next to the motorway, at first I only saw the carriages but when I got to the front there was only one loc pulling the lot! Diesel powered and heavily smoking, thus giving the impression it worked quite hard, but still, impressive to see.

DEANB:
One from the archives.

Proper old school heavy haulage from 1963.

Nice one Dean, great to finally see some technical details of that trailer! :wink:

Some from the archives, these (ex-military) vehicles were in the fleet of Rozenkranz, Germany.

Interesting combination, big Faun coupled to some sort of mobile crane that was in the fleet of Levage Levivier, who had several depots across the North of France.

pv83:
Some from the archives, these (ex-military) vehicles were in the fleet of Rozenkranz, Germany.

The first two look American. Third one could indeed be Faun, but most German trucks of that time had the same look, with big wide tyres and massive bonnets. I had never seen or even heard of the Levivier Faun; interesting, as usual with you!

Froggy55:

pv83:

The first two look American. Third one could indeed be Faun, but most German trucks of that time had the same look, with big wide tyres and massive bonnets. I had never seen or even heard of the Levivier Faun; interesting, as usual with you!

first photo looks like an early Leyland Super Hippo cab.
Dig

pv83:

DIG:

Dig

Cheers for posting DIG, it is mind boggling to see how much weight these locomotives can pull, the other day I was in Poland and there was a railroadtrack next to the motorway, at first I only saw the carriages but when I got to the front there was only one loc pulling the lot! Diesel powered and heavily smoking, thus giving the impression it worked quite hard, but still, impressive to see.

Indeed Patrick the BHP trains were 2 locos at the front and one sometimes two in the middle I believe they set a world record a few years back probably just to give the yanks the ■■■■■ but they had 7 locos hooked up in the train I forget the gross weight but provably find it on Tube somewhere.
The worst part about them was waiting at a level crossing for one to go through especially on the approach to the marshalling yard at Port Hedland when they were slowing down and at night it seemed endless. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Dig

Dig

Faun have certainly built some big old motors over the years.

DIG:

pv83:

DIG:

Dig

Indeed Patrick the BHP trains were 2 locos at the front and one sometimes two in the middle I believe they set a world record a few years back probably just to give the yanks the [zb] but they had 7 locos hooked up in the train I forget the gross weight but provably find it on Tube somewhere.
The worst part about them was waiting at a level crossing for one to go through especially on the approach to the marshalling yard at Port Hedland when they were slowing down and at night it seemed endless. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Dig

Dig

I reckon you can take a 45 off when one of these come past then eh :wink:
I’ll have a look on YouTube mate, see if I can find something.

DEANB:
Faun have certainly built some big old motors over the years.

How many of those big Fauns are still earning their keep you reckon Dean?