"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DISPATCHER:

Interesting load and trailer Chris, what exactly is it?

oiltreader:
A couple with credit to Rab Lawrence for the photos.
Oily

Nice to see that they’re still using Nicolas equipment, ta Oily :wink:

■■■■■■■ powered Pacific :smiley: :sunglasses:

pv83:

I can’t see how this hazardous load will take the slightest bend or first pothole without turning upside down!

Heres a bit about the mighty Pacific’s.

Click on pages twice to read.

pv83:

DISPATCHER:

HI paul

KING trailer 1 axle with Hydraulic necks and rear steering with 3 well lengths 36/42/56 ft

Pacifics and squeaky bum loads.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3cQjuWXGlU
Oily

Froggy55:

pv83:

I can’t see how this hazardous load will take the slightest bend or first pothole without turning upside down!

It’s all about feeling the road Paul :wink:

Or just luck… lots of it…

DEANB:
Heres a bit about the mighty Pacific’s.

Click on pages twice to read.

Cheers Dean!

I don’t think any of those beasts were ever imported to Europe? Pity, would have been quite something to behold!

DISPATCHER:

pv83:

DISPATCHER:

HI paul

KING trailer 1 axle with Hydraulic necks and rear steering with 3 well lengths 36/42/56 ft

Really interesting looking trailer Chris, cheers for posting.

The only manufacturer that has a similar design is Broshuis, seems King was far ahead of their times with that trailer.

pv83:

Froggy55:

pv83:

Thanks Dispatcher Oily Deano and Patrick
Feeling the road a true statement not that I have done anything like those Timber Haulers but some of the loads we carried in the Rig moving industry had a similar effect I preferred to keep both hands on the steering and gripped the seat in another way :laughing: :wink:
We had 2 Pacific bed trucks here which belonged to an oil company call OD&E both powered with 8V71 Detroits one of the operators told me he preferred the 2 strokes as the throttle response was a little quicker than the long 4 stroke engines when he was winching, I have a couple of photos but they only show a piece of the trucks. When you see for the first time a 40plus ton lump being winched up onto the truck body the front wheels of the Pacific a few feet off the ground until the load is far enough on the truck to allow it to touch down again its quite mind boggling .

Dig

It was an adaption of the trailer King Trailers made to carry Concorde parts

DISPATCHER:
0It was an adaption of the trailer King Trailers made to carry Concorde parts00

I spot a Manchester Liners container tucked away on the left,shifted lots of their half height boxes around the country,mainly to Scotland,many had copper ingots.

David

DISPATCHER:
0It was an adaption of the trailer King Trailers made to carry Concorde parts00

Did Scheuerle knew about this Chris? As they normally state only couplings made by Scheuerle fit on their modular trailers…?

DIG:

pv83:

Froggy55:

pv83:

Thanks Dispatcher Oily Deano and Patrick
Feeling the road a true statement not that I have done anything like those Timber Haulers but some of the loads we carried in the Rig moving industry had a similar effect I preferred to keep both hands on the steering and gripped the seat in another way :laughing: :wink:
We had 2 Pacific bed trucks here which belonged to an oil company call OD&E both powered with 8V71 Detroits one of the operators told me he preferred the 2 strokes as the throttle response was a little quicker than the long 4 stroke engines when he was winching, I have a couple of photos but they only show a piece of the trucks. When you see for the first time a 40plus ton lump being winched up onto the truck body the front wheels of the Pacific a few feet off the ground until the load is far enough on the truck to allow it to touch down again its quite mind boggling .

Dig

I had a planner that always said “I can let them go again…” when we had to do something that wasn’t necessarily legal and we got there in the end without interference of the law… :laughing:

I’ve seen that “going airborne” here too DIG, it’s mostly the ones swapping bodies filled with scrap, no need for hydraulic legs at the rear apparently… I can only imagine the stress that causes such actions on the chassis… maybe Punchy Dan knows more about it? :wink:

Spotted by yours truly :wink:

pv83:

DISPATCHER:
It was an adaption of the trailer King Trailers made to carry Concorde parts

Did Scheuerle knew about this Chris? As they normally state only couplings made by Scheuerle fit on their modular trailers…?

As far as I know Patrick it was built under contract with Scheurele