pv83:

Punchy Dan:
8) Nice work PV

Ta mate :wink:

All cream PV :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dig

pv83:

DIG:
Heres one out of my scrapbook will suit the Foden Lovers.

Dig

Nice looking sleeper cab DIG :wink:

Did they secure the load after the photographer was done? :laughing:

Probly Patrick but all the regular carriers of wool had multiple double spikes they would put a bale down put a spike on the top then position the next bale on to and it would settle onto the other end of the spike the whole load is then joined and it stops the bales sliding around i have seen driver use short strips of barbed wire not quite as effective as the spikes but better than nothing.Then ropes and chains.

Dig.

A couple of similar loads were the hardest pulling loads i ever experienced .

Dig

Willeme.

Click on pages twice to read.

hh willeme phh.jpg

Maybe more here about the W 200 than in any French article! The 18-litre straight-8 was also fitted on standard models of the Willème range, railway shunting locomotives and electric generators.

Froggy55:
Maybe more here about the W 200 than in any French article! The 18-litre straight-8 was also fitted on standard models of the Willème range, railway shunting locomotives and electric generators.

Posted this a while back. youtube.com/watch?v=6DCaDGH_2mA
Oily

Yes, I already saw it. According to its sound, the engine must be a 400 bhp 14-litre 2-stroke GM 12V 71. A 335 bhp 14 litre ■■■■■■■ was also available. On the biggest model, the TG 300, a 18-litre 16V 71 520 bhp GM was fitted.

Froggy55:
Yes, I already saw it. According to its sound, the engine must be a 400 bhp 14-litre 2-stroke GM 12V 71. A 335 bhp 14 litre ■■■■■■■ was also available. On the biggest model, the TG 300, a 18-litre 16V 71 520 bhp GM was fitted.

Good day Froggy when you look at the air cleaner and exhaust pipeing sizes its surprising they can get that hp out of those models, I.m not speaking from any superior knowledge only what here in Oz I had to use to extract as much hp out of my units that worked in the road train industry, for myself I had 15inch diameter twin air cleaners with 5 inch feed pipes to the engine and 6 inch diam exhaust from the turbo to the atmosphere.
That was a 19lit ■■■■■■■ engine set at 525hp and the Leyland Crusaders we operated with 8v71 Detroits had a single 15inch Donaldson air cleaner for 318hp engines.
What ever the Willeme still sounds the ducks nuts.
Dig

Econofreight 1984

hh econofreight f12 84 phh.PNG

DIG:

pv83:

DIG:
Heres one out of my scrapbook will suit the Foden Lovers.

Dig

Nice looking sleeper cab DIG :wink:

Did they secure the load after the photographer was done? :laughing:

Probly Patrick but all the regular carriers of wool had multiple double spikes they would put a bale down put a spike on the top then position the next bale on to and it would settle onto the other end of the spike the whole load is then joined and it stops the bales sliding around i have seen driver use short strips of barbed wire not quite as effective as the spikes but better than nothing.Then ropes and chains.

Dig.

Spikes? Really? Never would have thought of that… :open_mouth:

DIG:

Dig

What are they DIG, concrete prefab sections?

Froggy55:

DEANB:
Willeme.

Click on pages twice to read.

It can’t get any better than this Dean, cracking article mate and as Froggy says, much more detailed than what I’ve seen and read so, even in a book about Willeme, the W200 is only mentioned briefly!

pv83:

DIG:

Dig

They are concrete culverts Patrick used in road construction for crossing small rivers and creeks/brooks where the road travels through hill and rocky range areas.
Dig

pv83:
“Froggy55” Maybe more here about the W 200 than in any French article! The 18-litre straight-8 was also fitted on standard models of the Willème range, railway shunting locomotives and electric generators.

It can’t get any better than this Dean, cracking article mate and as Froggy says, much more detailed than what I’ve seen and read so, even in a book about Willeme, the W200 is only mentioned briefly!

It was a big old shed chap. :laughing: :wink:

Dig, Rhodes Ridley. :wink:

DEANB:

pv83:
“Froggy55” Maybe more here about the W 200 than in any French article! The 18-litre straight-8 was also fitted on standard models of the Willème range, railway shunting locomotives and electric generators.

It was a big old shed chap. :laughing: :wink:

Dig, Rhodes Ridley. :wink:

Tut tut Dean :laughing:

DIG:

pv83:

DIG:

Dig

They are concrete culverts Patrick used in road construction for crossing small rivers and creeks/brooks where the road travels through hill and rocky range areas.
Dig

Cheers DIG