"Heavy Haulage through the years"

pv83:

DEANB:

pv83:
“Froggy55” Maybe more here about the W 200 than in any French article! The 18-litre straight-8 was also fitted on standard models of the Willème range, railway shunting locomotives and electric generators.

It can’t get any better than this Dean, cracking article mate and as Froggy says, much more detailed than what I’ve seen and read so, even in a book about Willeme, the W200 is only mentioned briefly!

It was a big old shed chap. :laughing: :wink:

Dig, Rhodes Ridley. :wink:

Tut tut Dean :laughing:

Thanks DeanO the RR looks a little better these days but the RFW crane truck is a blast from the past they hadn’t been on the market long when I got to OZ and remember seeing a 6 wheel drive unit working for an exploration company it looked the part built for comfort not speed but maybe that an overstatement, they were an Australian built truck that never quite got off the mark.

Cheers Dig

pv83:

DIG:

pv83:

DIG:
A couple of similar loads were the hardest pulling loads i ever experienced .

Dig

What are they DIG, concrete prefab sections?

They are concrete culverts Patrick used in road construction for crossing small rivers and creeks/brooks where the road travels through hill and rocky range areas.
Dig

Cheers DIG

Heres a pic of the same trip where the boys had to do some pushing and pulling on the old inland road on a jump up in the Chichester range that was renowned for giving loaded triples a problem, the new highway is still quite steep but having a sealed top gives a trouble free journey.
Dig

DIG:
Heres a pic of the same trip where the boys had to do some pushing and pulling on the old inland road on a jump up in the Chichester range that was renowned for giving loaded triples a problem, the new highway is still quite steep but having a sealed top gives a trouble free journey.
Dig

Nice pic Dig. :wink:

Must have made a huge difference for driver’s when a road was finally tarmaced and taken hours of trips i imagine.

I know how you like a nice Scammell Contractor 8 wheeler Dig. :wink:

Click on page once.

hh scammell 8w phh.PNG.jpg

Thanks DeanO
An impressive unit obviously well maintained and modified and our fearless leader will also be impressed I.m sure.

I have been looking for RFW trucks an Australian designed and built units and came up with a couple apparently impressive in the all wheel drive industry. Sadly no longer in production I understand .

Dig

8x81992.jpg

4395907109_fd06666102.jpg

Couple of heavies taken by my uncle at one of the shows a few years ago.

OSHKOSH.

SCAMMELL

Pulling a Boeing 747

DEANB:

DIG:
Dig

Must have made a huge difference for driver’s when a road was finally tarmaced and taken hours of trips i imagine.

Click on page once.

Proper offroading there DIG, by gum mate! The roads in Belgium don’t look any better though, mind! :laughing:

DIG:
Thanks DeanO
An impressive unit obviously well maintained and modified and our fearless leader will also be impressed I.m sure.

I have been looking for RFW trucks an Australian designed and built units and came up with a couple apparently impressive in the all wheel drive industry. Sadly no longer in production I understand .

Dig

Who’s that fearless leader you’re talking about DIG :laughing:

Never heard of RFW before, looks interesting, at first glimpse the cabs looks very similar to the one Willeme used.

robthedog:
Pulling a Boeing 747

Quite the load Rob, ta for posting mate :wink:

Econofreight’s Scammell parked up at a Les Routiers somewhere in Britanny… Could have been Spardo driving shotgun there :wink:

One to keep Dean happy :laughing:

jshepguis:
Couple of heavies taken by my uncle at one of the shows a few years ago.

OSHKOSH.

SCAMMELL

Cheers mate, was that pusher axle added later in life on the Oshkosh? Never seen one before with such a “little” axle.

pv83:
Econofreight’s Scammell parked up at a Les Routiers somewhere in Britanny… Could have been Spardo driving shotgun there :wink:

Bit after my time with Econofreight, I half recognise the parking though, between one or two I have overnighted at.
Ironically I left Econofreight to take up the offer of wider horizons across the Channel with Cheverall’s of Luton, if I had known they were going to start going over I might have stayed on, it was a job that I liked, for the challenge mostly. :laughing:

Has anyone put the “igg” AirBus site up here yet?
Cant see it, but apologies if already covered. [fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itin%C3%A ... nd_gabarit](https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itin%C3%A9raire_%C3%A0_grand_gabarit) A video embedded here. [igg.fr/spip.php?article39](http://www.igg.fr/spip.php?article39) Not often lorry drivers get a round of applause is it? Ive not seen them on the move, but have seen them parked up during the day. Huge.
This CNN article is quite good too.
edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ … index.html
The A380 fuselage is about 8.50m tall and 7.2m wide.

Franglais:
Cant see it, but apologies if already covered. [fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itin%C3%A ... nd_gabarit](https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itin%C3%A9raire_%C3%A0_grand_gabarit) A video embedded here. [igg.fr/spip.php?article39](http://www.igg.fr/spip.php?article39) Not often lorry drivers get a round of applause is it? Ive not seen them on the move, but have seen them parked up during the day. Huge.

Really interesting Patrick. I wonder if the good people of Levignac are still turning out to clap though, but at least they get plenty of warning the next time their evenings are going to be disturbed. :laughing:

pv83:

DEANB:

DIG:
Dig

Click on page once.

Proper offroading there DIG, by gum mate! The roads in Belgium don’t look any better though, mind! :laughing:

The bogged grader pic was taken in 1986 and the 3 triples changing places in 1988 were taken on the same stretch of road possibly 30kms apart which shows a huge change in the condition of our main hwys in a short period of time.
Hope your Belgium roads improve at the same rate but being fearless you will cope :laughing: :wink:
Dig

Spardo:

Franglais:

Really interesting Patrick. I wonder if the good people of Levignac are still turning out to clap though, but at least they get plenty of warning the next time their evenings are going to be disturbed. :laughing:

Assembling the A 380 and to some extent the Boeings is certainly a huge transport challenge and the companys involved are to be congratulated.
Dig

Rig yard at Ardersiar in Scotland and getting ready for moving module off barge Magnaloads 2 F89’s now in Econofrieght livery with an FTF in Magnaload livery as you can see getting the inline trailers all prepped, nowadays will be done with SPMT’s. Think project is for Amoco Hutton offshore platform.

Another photo of the FTF of Magnaload getting ready to transport this vessel to Liverpool docks ready to go down to Milford Haven.

Get the after burners going and whoosh there in no time, credit to Ken Hodge for the photo.
Oily