"Heavy Haulage through the years"

TROOPER 8011:
Mercedes - V D Vlist - (VK 58 YS):

Cheers Trooper, cracking pic that is from my former employer, here’s a link for some more orange related stuff;
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=117467&hilit=v.d.+vlist

oiltreader:

pv83:

oiltreader:
Drawbar units, ballast tractors, prime movers, who where calls them what :bulb:
Oily

Depends on in which corner of the world you are I reckon Oily :wink: That last pic, is that a painting?

A bit of virtual twiddling I guess Patrick, he has quite a few pics like that.
Oily

Oh aye? Looks pretty good actually, however, spotted one thing that’s not correct though, Van Egdom being a Belgium haulier, he doesn’t run on Dutch plates… :wink:

jshepguis:
Slightly unusual tower crane photo taken in Redpaths offshore yard in Port Clarence in about 1992.

Cheers jshepguis, do you happen to know a bit more about these tower cranes? Couple of days ago these cranes were brought under my attention by a mate of mine, tried to dig up as much as I could about them, but there weren’t many around of that particular type…

DEANB:
Some intresting crane pics Patrick. I see they cut away part of the Terberg (Volvo) roof so the jib
would sit level. :open_mouth:

One from 1986.

Click on pages twice to read.

Cheers Dean, aye, how thin would the roof be at that spot?! No room left for ■■■■-ups there eh :laughing:

Froggy55:
Thanks Patrick for the most interesting sampling of european cranes! Un fortunately, I have very little knowledge of the subject. The most I can say is that PPM was a French crane manufacturer, PPM standing for Potain Poclain Manutention. Became Terex Cranes France in 2004. One of yours uses a Renault cab.

Cheers Froggy, my knowledge is quite limited on that subject as well, I’ll dig into it a bit more once I’ve got the time.

My penny’s worth contribution…

Hi Patrick.
Checked through my photo’s and i didn’t take any with crane erected. But had look ont tinternet and did find the type which were made for Grove. think they were designed with wind turbines in mind.

Dirty Dan:
So whent to Bergen norway a couple of Weld ago. Loved the tripp,got the long way around the highest mountin but that made me go throug leardals tunel. 24.5km. But it was a great trip

Danne

You certainly work in some scenic areas Danne, how long are you allowed to stay in the indoor parking areas of the tunnel.

Dig

jsutherland:
Locamattogo - a company based in Togo.
http://locamattogo.com

Big gear Johnny is Togo on your retirement bucket list too?

Dig

pv83:
Going a bit off-topic here, but at the beginning or end of a journey, there’s always at some point a crane involved, whether it be a mobile or crawler one to do the loading or lifting of the load, so I reckoned it might be interesting to post some pic’s of such cranes on here? I can’t put a name on the various types and models but I’ve always been intrigued nonetheless by the capabilities of those cranes.

NMP

The Matador crane unit on the boiler living quarters recovery must have set you off on the crane journey Patrick by crikey there are some big mobile units in your collection what would their lift capacity be in excess of 300 tons ?
80 is well on the way to a ton on the scoreboard.

Dig

jshepguis:
Hi Patrick.
Checked through my photo’s and i didn’t take any with crane erected. But had look ont tinternet and did find the type which were made for Grove. think they were designed with wind turbines in mind.

Mobile tower cranes mind boggling jshepguis

Dig

My 2 bobs worth not a crane but incorporating a lot of crane devices and when they are moved they are broken down by a crane and loaded unloaded on/off trucks and rebuilt with cranes.
Cheers Dig

DIG:

jsutherland:

Dig

Not too sure about that DIG. Wouldn’t mind paying the country a visit though, after Australia of course [emoji4]
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

DIG:

jsutherland:

Dig

Not too sure about that DIG. Wouldn’t mind paying the country a visit though, after Australia of course [emoji4]
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Johnny,
You have a trip to France booked next year to the La Locomotion, Patrick and myself have agreed you will visit, not sure if there are any Scania’s to view though! Pete

My old mate Deanb posted this at my request on another site a couple of years ago before I figured out how to do it so I hope you don’t mind me posting it here it is an article about the company I worked for in the 80s and early 90s,I wasn’t on this rig move the boss sent me to Queensland must have been because my truck was ■■■■■■■ powered lol.Hope you enjoy the read these blokes who I worked with were outback truck drivers.
Cheers Dig

SCAN0125 copy.jpg

SCAN0124 copy.jpg

SCAN0123 copy.jpg

pete smith:

jsutherland:

DIG:

jsutherland:

Dig

Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Johnny,
You have a trip to France booked next year to the La Locomotion, Patrick and myself have agreed you will visit, not sure if there are any Scania’s to view though! Pete

After the rumours of a bald headed hooligan running riot at the event, I’m not so sure… :wink:

DIG:
My old mate Deanb posted this at my request on another site a couple of years ago before I figured out how to do it so I hope you don’t mind me posting it here it is an article about the company I worked for in the 80s and early 90s,I wasn’t on this rig move the boss sent me to Queensland must have been because my truck was ■■■■■■■ powered lol.Hope you enjoy the read these blokes who I worked with were outback truck drivers.
Cheers Dig

What a great article DIG. The advantage of not having a good memory, enables one to enjoy an article as though one was reading it for the first time. Of course, this does not apply to the young laddie Patrick who has a memory like an elephant. :smiley: :smiley:

Piece from 1961.

Click on pages twice to read.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny
[/quote]
Johnny,
[/quote]
After the rumours of a bald headed hooligan running riot at the event, I’m not so sure… :wink:
[/quote]
Pete wasn’t there this year Johnny, don’t know where the rumours come from…? Surely not from your reliable source “The Sun”…? :laughing: :laughing:

Rest assured though, there are some proper scanny’s at display :wink: