"Heavy Haulage through the years"

jsutherland:
Dear Mr Patrick, pv83, Whippersnapper, Whips, Young un or whatever alias you go by (and these are the polite ones) :smiley: :smiley: ,

this is the kind of Scania I like. Back then, when I was younger, a lot younger, they were my preferred wagon, especially the sound of the V8.

Cheers for putting all my aliases on here mate, if the taxman comes I’ll send him straight forward to you! Not to mention all them angry lassies…

But I remembered you’re a fan of the older models, had to search in the archive, but in the end I found that pic of the two of us standing in front of a 143… the driver thought you were making love to his unit… :unamused: :laughing:

20180926_205018.jpg

Cheers everyone for posting photos and articles and keeping the thread going, much appreciated lads :wink:

pv83:

jsutherland:
Dear Mr Patrick, pv83, Whippersnapper, Whips, Young un or whatever alias you go by (and these are the polite ones) :smiley: :smiley: ,

this is the kind of Scania I like. Back then, when I was younger, a lot younger, they were my preferred wagon, especially the sound of the V8.

Cheers for putting all my aliases on here mate, if the taxman comes I’ll send him straight forward to you! Not to mention all them angry lassies…

But I remembered you’re a fan of the older models, had to search in the archive, but in the end I found that pic of the two of us standing in front of a 143… the driver thought you were making love to his unit… :unamused: [emoji38]

You promised not to post this picture [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

" Not to mention all them angry lassies" as in disappointed :astonished: not the best of recommendations Patrick :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Oily

oiltreader:
" Not to mention all them angry lassies" as in disappointed :astonished: not the best of recommendations Patrick :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Oily

That’s why I’m sending them over to Johnny’s place Oily, besides, he’s used to dealing with angry lassies :laughing:
I only take the sweet ones in :wink:

I’ll get me coat…

Leyland DAF 95 - GCS Johnson Ltd - (G158BFA):

The load …….

pv83:

oiltreader:
" Not to mention all them angry lassies" as in disappointed :astonished: not the best of recommendations Patrick [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
Oily

That’s why I’m sending them over to Johnny’s place Oily, besides, he’s used to dealing with angry lassies [emoji38]

I’ll get me coat…

Since you buy English chocolate now and again for my lassies, I’ll not show them this post [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Port of Trieste

image.jpg

robthedog:
Port of Trieste

A fine place to park up

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

pv83:

oiltreader:
" Not to mention all them angry lassies" as in disappointed :astonished: not the best of recommendations Patrick [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
Oily

That’s why I’m sending them over to Johnny’s place Oily, besides, he’s used to dealing with angry lassies [emoji38]

I’ll get me coat…

Since you buy English chocolate now and again for my lassies, I’ll not show them this post [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

That’s only so they realise not everyone is tight on their money, and not everyone is nicknamed McScrooge :laughing:

TROOPER 8011:
Leyland DAF 95 - GCS Johnson Ltd - (G158BFA):

Some cracking pic’s there TROOPER, cheers for posting :wink:

jsutherland:

robthedog:
Port of Trieste

A fine place to park up

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Never been down there myself, but it looks like he’s parked up just outside the gate, with what seems to be a Kamag coil carrier?

Cheers for posting robthedog :wink:

pv83:

jsutherland:

pv83:

oiltreader:
Oily

I’ll get me coat…

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

That’s only so they realise not everyone is tight on their money, and not everyone is nicknamed McScrooge [emoji38]

Cheers Patrick. Am having second thoughts now…

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Thanks one and all for the photos and articles through the ages etc , I have been having a look at West Aus early days in the cattle carting industry with Leyland being a leader in this industry as well as Low Loader work.
Dig

1441264_10202441534496841_360062950_n.jpg

Drawbar units, ballast tractors, prime movers, who where calls them what :bulb:
Oily

Heavy Haul John Witchmough cc by nc nd 2.0 8951368551_98363b71e9_JHo.jpg

Heavy Haul DC-1971 cc by nd 2.0 7116748847_2e0c9e03f6_bDC.jpg

So whent to Bergen norway a couple of Weld ago. Loved the tripp,got the long way around the highest mountin but that made me go throug leardals tunel. 24.5km. But it was a great trip

Danne

FE09142C-8CF6-465D-95E9-E2350C4E10CB.jpeg

9AC26214-524A-4267-BDC0-4EEC483967F1.jpeg

402ADD6E-B7E5-495E-B258-DC725BF0B1D2.jpeg

64560B70-433E-4552-AAFC-21C7DB051C79.jpeg

C8060056-58AA-41FE-A629-4C9E90E6FD48.jpeg

1A113A06-F0AD-4CA1-B34F-2D8447330727.jpeg

Dirty Dan:
So whent to Bergen norway a couple of Weld ago. Loved the tripp,got the long way around the highest mountin but that made me go throug leardals tunel. 24.5km. But it was a great trip

Danne

Great pictures Dan

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Locamattogo - a company based in Togo.
http://locamattogo.com

DIG:
Thanks one and all for the photos and articles through the ages etc , I have been having a look at West Aus early days in the cattle carting industry with Leyland being a leader in this industry as well as Low Loader work.
Dig

Thanks for the article DIG. A fascinating read.