"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Foto-AHMNIJDI-D.jpg

Foto-8YV7ODZ8-D.jpg

6a90d353-a6c9-430d-b000-ef18.jpg

Mack + Ketel van Plaatijzerindustrie.jpg

Vanaja_KK-69_ET_4000+1290.jpg

Two pic’s for our little “off topic” topic… How’s that for a balancing act DIG…? :wink:

It must have been a tough job to synchronise the speed of the two trucks on Pic 1!

pv83:
I’ve found yet another old (digital) shoe box…

Is that a Scammell in the 1st pick, with the outrageous sticky out nose crossing the level crossing? I wonder how they arrived at that idea, there are other examples, but not many.

And in the 3rd pic, just shows how great an Atki (Mk2?) cab would have been with the engine removed from it, and perhaps a modern sleeper behind. :bulb:

Froggy55:
It must have been a tough job to synchronise the speed of the two trucks on Pic 1!

Makes you wonder if they had radio contact between them…?

Spardo:

pv83:

Is that a Scammell in the 1st pick, with the outrageous sticky out nose crossing the level crossing? I wonder how they arrived at that idea, there are other examples, but not many.

And in the 3rd pic, just shows how great an Atki (Mk2?) cab would have been with the engine removed from it, and perhaps a modern sleeper behind. :bulb:

Bonjour David,

Sure is mate, Scammell 100 tonner, the begin of the legacy…

pv83:

Spardo:

pv83:

Bonjour David,

Ha ha Patrick, makes you wonder if it nose dived when he dropped the trailer. :open_mouth: :laughing:

pv83:
Two pic’s for our little “off topic” topic… How’s that for a balancing act DIG…? :wink:

Not for me no head for heights.

Great mob of photos to dwell on Patrick I would like to see the size of your shoe box store.
Another bit of off topic :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The Foden and Scraper belonged to a West Aus company that got taken over by the Bond group{Alan Bond] winner of the Americas Cup but then went down the gurgler or downstream with out a paddle.
I,ll get my coat lol.
Dig

6a90d353-a6c9-430d-b000-ef18.jpg

Nice pics Patrick,glad to see you posting an F88 ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Scammell Contractor.

Click on pages twice to read.

When I got my new DAF on Econofreight, as they were all supplied by the NE dealer I had to take it back to Thornaby depot for each service. An overnight job, they offered me a Contractor to sleep in. Didn’t realise it was a sleeper version of a Leyland Redline cab though. :open_mouth:

Spardo:

pv83:

Spardo:

pv83:

Bonjour David,

Ha ha Patrick, makes you wonder if it nose dived when he dropped the trailer. :open_mouth: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DIG:

pv83:

Not for me no head for heights.

Great mob of photos to dwell on Patrick I would like to see the size of your shoe box store.
Another bit of off topic :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The Foden and Scraper belonged to a West Aus company that got taken over by the Bond group{Alan Bond] winner of the Americas Cup but then went down the gurgler or downstream with out a paddle.
I,ll get my coat lol.
Dig

He was just getting “cold feet” after the takeover DIG :laughing: …coat…

The size of the shoe box is taking up half my house… so I reckon we’re going to keep busy on here for a wee while longer mate :wink:

Another grand article there Dean, cheers mate :wink:

Spardo:
When I got my new DAF on Econofreight, as they were all supplied by the NE dealer I had to take it back to Thornaby depot for each service. An overnight job, they offered me a Contractor to sleep in. Didn’t realise it was a sleeper version of a Leyland Redline cab though. :open_mouth:

I bet that was an experience not to forget :laughing:

Some more from the “elusive” shoe box…

11862dd2de06b983afc878b14275cdac--bus-trucks.jpg

47bdde054dc9b667118c35fea79e27f5.jpg

JCB always had some proper kit, wasn’t there a auction last year where all the vehicles were up for sale?

Tranzcarr - a New Zealand company. COMPANY HISTORY | TRANZCARR Heavy Haulage | 1057

The first picture shuold please Patrick.

pv83:
Another grand article there Dean, cheers mate :wink:

Have to agree Deanb interesting facts.

Dig