Heavy Haulage/ Steam Locomotives

I’ve been asked this by a truck and train enthusiast, has anyone got a photo of a steam railway engine being transported on a low loader?

Ta!

Harry Monk:
I’ve been asked this by a truck and train enthusiast, has anyone got a photo of a steam railway engine being transported on a low loader?

Ta!

Wasn’t there one in a truck mag last month? It was about bringing a steam loco over from the USA for some exhibition. Had pics of it on the low loader. Can’t remember which mag though.

commercialmotor.com/big-lorr … ViZOXZwaJA

It was the March issue of T&D.

Rikki-UK:
http://www.commercialmotor.com/big-lorry-blog/moving-a-steam-locomotive-with-peter-clark-biglorryblog-has-the-pictures-and-what-happened-next#.UViZOXZwaJA

What a fabulous picture :slight_smile:

Dave55:
What a fabulous picture :slight_smile:

Agreed, moved on five axles too, I think you’d need a few more to do that movement nowadays! :stuck_out_tongue:

There was a rebuilt Merchant Navy Class loco on a low loader on the A34 last Tuesday afternoon. I’m more of a GWR man than a Southern so I can’t recall the name.

google.co.uk/search?q=steam … 0QWBpIC4CQ

Harry Monk:

Ta!

You didn’t mention how old so hope these are of interest.

Hows about this one harry
flickr.com/photos/vikihc/4094188501/

http://www.davesrailpics.bravehost.com/cclr/2007MAYgalaarrivals.htm

some pic’s of the railway where i volunteer at, it’s only 15" gauge, so no heavy haulage, but still steam loco’s on truck’s.

Wonderful pics, keep them coming!

:smiley:

I was actually there with this one…that’s me in the pushchair! :smiley:

And for a bit of added interest, found this old bit of film taken on the same day; enjoy, not a hi-viz or hard hat in sight! :smiley:

Not a locomotive or even a low loader but certainly an iconic shot.

Are there many of those Seddons in America?

Wheel Nut:
Not a locomotive or even a low loader but certainly an iconic shot.

Are there many of those Seddons in America?

just saw a program on tv about donald cambells speed records…that seddon is carrying bluebird and i think it was shipped out to the us along with bluebird to the bonneville salt flats in utah.
in the program it shows the wreckage of bluebird being loaded onto that rig…it had “ADAMS OF GREAT BRITAIN” on the doors…1960 was the year of his failed attempt at the record which ended in a bad crash.

Sidevalve:
I was actually there with this one…that’s me in the pushchair! :smiley:

And for a bit of added interest, found this old bit of film taken on the same day; enjoy, not a hi-viz or hard hat in sight! :smiley:

ROYAL ASCOT - British Pathé

There a video on you tube of themmovingnim mm guessing the pic above I’ll dig the link out

Edited ***** added video now

moomooland:

Harry Monk:

Ta!

You didn’t mention how old so hope these are of interest.

Thats got to be the highest brick retaining wall iv ever seen :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:

Ta!

Have a look at for a company called Moveright International, they are the company that’s responsible for a lot of the steam locomotive moves for the preserved lines including the NRM.

Alleleys in Warwickshire move loads of steam and modern locos

allelys.co.uk/default.asp

More if you look in google images