head injury?

I was hit by a tube train three weeks ago. I was in a coma for just over a week and so far seem to be making a speedy recovery! My question is will there be any restriction on my licence that will prevent me from driving C+E for a while? Also how about my car and matorbike entitlements? nothing was mentioned in hopsital about this. My next out patients appointment is not for another 6 weeks.
cheers.
Joe. :smiley:
:smiley:

I have fractured my skull twice 1st dont remember anything about as was 8 do know how long in hospital or anything

2nd was done while ice skating was in hospital over night nowt serious & has not affected me at all after that went on to gain full bike licence & have a cat C

Hope this helps but all are different just be careful speak with Dr when you next go to out patients

joedwyer1:
I was hit by a tube train three weeks ago. I was in a coma for just over a week and so far seem to be making a speedy recovery! My question is will there be any restriction on my licence that will prevent me from driving C+E for a while? Also how about my car and matorbike entitlements? nothing was mentioned in hopsital about this. My next out patients appointment is not for another 6 weeks.
cheers.

Go to the dvla website they have a section on health, injury etc and how it affects your licence
It will say on there what you have to do. Just remembered its under medical information.

joedwyer1:
cheers.

How the hell did you get hit by a tube train, did some one push ya off the platform?

joedwyer1:
cheers.

And you lived to tell the tale, lucky guy. Were you ■■■■■■ by any chance??

Take the doctor-advised R&R until fully recovered. If the firm decides to put you on zero pay, then add it to the claim you make for “unfair treatment” whilst undergoing the recovery process.

No one should be penalised for having had an accident, especially one involving a head injury for a C+E driver.

Too many people push themselves to work whilst unfit, and should they then have a further accident on duty, they have no leg to stand on, whilst the employer laughs all the way to the bank, since you’ve voided your own cover by working against medical advice.

weeto:

joedwyer1:
cheers.

How the hell did you get hit by a tube train, did some one push ya off the platform?

got off to change trains and must have slipped back as it was pulling out. so it whacked me on the back of the head then knocked me up the platform :unamused:

joedwyer1:

weeto:

joedwyer1:
cheers.

got off to change trains and must have slipped back as it was pulling out. so it whacked me on the back of the head then knocked me up the platform :unamused:

Nasty, hope ya get well soon and back ridin and drivin soon.

i was in a induced coma for 3 weeks following a racing accident, took my hgv licence away for a year but left me with my car and bike licence :confused:

keep quiet.

Saaamon:
keep quiet.

You should take your own advice :wink:

The only way they can find out is if you tell them. Your doctor will advise you to inform DVLC but to be honest it is difficult to see what advantage you could gain by doing the right thing. On one hand it could be no problem but on the other it cause you a load of hassle.
If it was me I would keep them on a need to know basis and see how you feel when you are recovered.
If I remember rightly the actual wording of the official advice is that you should inform DVLC if you suffer an injury of long term illness that could affect your ability to drive.
You could say that assuming that you make a full recovery with no side affects there is no need to tell them even by their own rules.
Thats the way I see it anyway.
On the other hand, if you were unlucky enough to be left with dizzy spells or something then I guess that would be different but speaking as someone who has fractured their skull before I am sure you will be OK.

wire:
The only way they can find out is if you tell them. Your doctor will advise you to inform DVLC but to be honest it is difficult to see what advantage you could gain by doing the right thing. On one hand it could be no problem but on the other it cause you a load of hassle.
If it was me I would keep them on a need to know basis and see how you feel when you are recovered.
If I remember rightly the actual wording of the official advice is that you should inform DVLC if you suffer an injury of long term illness that could affect your ability to drive.
You could say that assuming that you make a full recovery with no side affects there is no need to tell them even by their own rules.
On the other hand, if you were unlucky enough to be left with dizzy spells or something then I guess that would be different but speaking as someone who has fractured their skull before I am sure you will be OK.

I always thought it was called DVLA

As Wire says, you might end up with dizzy spells as I did (and still get them) after coming off a trailer and landing on my noggin. Haven’t had truck licence since I told them, but it’s all down to having a sense of responsibility. If you don’t tell them and then injure or kill someone, it all comes out. It was really hard for me to drop myself in it, and it’s been financially hard since, but I know I did the right thing by everyone. If you do lose your licence and then get over side effects, you’ll be able to get it back.

Driver-Once-More:

wire:

I always thought it was called DVLA

It was formally known as the DVLC, it was a centre, before it became an agency.
It probably cost about ÂŁ3 million for the rebrand lol.

Joe.

You have a pm.

Ken.

say nowt. if you feel fit enough, then it’s up to you.
once you notify Divvy LA, then you’ll have a real mission to get it sorted.
look at those with diabetes, they have backing from Brussels, but still come up against problems.

now then, i don’t want to be a [zb], but i couldn’t have been the only one that laughed when you wrote,
“i was hit by a tube train about three weeks ago”.
just a random tube train…again. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
you never know, them tube trains just jump out from nowhere.

yeah Phill I find it hillarious too :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

joedwyer1:
yeah Phill I find it hillarious too :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

sorry pal. it’s not every day that you hear about someone getting a whack off a tube train.
i really wish you a speedy recover. good luck.
but as far as the doctors are concerned, you’ve never driven so much as a tricycle. :wink:

OMG your alive :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: we’ve just started a whip round for you at work, guess theres no need now so i’ll get my money back on Monday!!! Then again we’ve seen the photo, your looks havent improved even with your new hairstyle but im sure the ladies will be talking about the scar :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good to hear your recovering well, im sure in those six weeks your gonna know whether theres any long lasting effects, if there isnt any then there wont be any need to inform DVLA

Just take it easy and rest up, your trucks gonna be waiting for you when you get back, cos no one will drive it with that Arsenal sticker in the window :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Gray