"He was just doing his job"

Why do Trucknet users say that after a driver has been killed, judging by the terrible driving and near misses i have seen, he was not doing his job, over taking in to on coming traffic crossing the white lines forcing traffic to stop or get killed by a quarry or bulk tipper, they seem to the ones in such a hurry.
On 40 mph limits, the law does not apply to them, it is 56 mph until you are involved in a fatal, the evidence will be against you, and jail time is coming your way.
All this by HGV drivers, if paid by the hour what is the hurry, i have seen driving that is appaling and dangerous, i hope the mod`s put this post up, as many on here have enough of bulk tipper drivers.
The worst road to be on is from the M6 to Dumfries and Stanraer, you take your life in your hands on that road that is full of idiots racing to and from the ferry port, if you stick to 40 mph, you will get rammed off the road, no wonder they have umarked police there.

I do see where Toby’s coming from. You could relate this to accidents where people have been crushed when taking shortcuts changing trailers. It’s only a matter of time before a certain tipper firm notorious in the Oxon and Wilts area have a driver fatality. They drive like idiots but when one does come a cropper, trust TNUK members to jump on the “just doing their job…RIP” bandwagon.

An driving too close on the motorways too.

well how do you know any circumstances of an accident? you are assuming that every driver that gets killed as been speeding ect… all this tipper this, bulker that, how come alot of the incidents we see reported on here involve all sorts of different trucks and trailers?

how many stobart wagons have gone over with the evidence on here,

You hardly take your life in your hands on the A75 :laughing:

Its a road just like any other and if your foolish enough to be pushed along by another driver more fool you

Many drivers on hourly :open_mouth: are thick as two short planks :unamused: one day they’ll stick to the limit :open_mouth: as the tacho doesn’t lie! :sunglasses: at your own peril drives :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Just wait till a clear bit lift the toe off click of the indicator and let us by! Or get yourself into the middle of a bunch going up the 75 and keep the toe in her.

If in doubt go flat out :smiley:

40 mph may be the law but it’s dangerous, 50 is a better speed as you don’t tend to get the suicide squad trying to get past at every half oportunity

McBurneys wagons in particular, and Northern Irish wagons generally are some of the maddest barstewards on the road to Stranraer. :unamused:

Can’t see a problem on the 75, it’s nowere near as bad as it was 15-20 plus years ago, used to be up that way 3 to 4 times a week with no probs!

MrReliable:

40 mph may be the law but it’s dangerous, 50 is a better speed as you don’t tend to get the suicide squad trying to get past at every half oportunity

I used to be the only tipper driver to do dead on 40 and 50; Not now. Whatever’s safe I’ll do. Got a nice loud alarm on the sat nav for camera locations, plus I find I’m a lot more alert. Note “safe” isn’t me justifying flatout, it’s mostly 45-50…Especially when I’m carrying those crappy plastic pallets back to the mill.
:imp:
When driving our CFs, I don’t go flatout on motorways as they go out of the green band above 53. The rented Axor I had last week, however, 57mph and dead centre of the green band.

Oh look another “they are all mental on the 75” thread :question:-|

weeto:
Can’t see a problem on the 75, it’s nowere near as bad as it was 15-20 plus years ago, used to be up that way 3 to 4 times a week with no probs!

yep :open_mouth: racing to Dover for the next boat :sunglasses: happy days :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

toby1234abc:
Why do Trucknet users say that after a driver has been killed, judging by the terrible driving and near misses i have seen, he was not doing his job, over taking in to on coming traffic crossing the white lines forcing traffic to stop or get killed by a quarry or bulk tipper, they seem to the ones in such a hurry.
On 40 mph limits, the law does not apply to them, it is 56 mph until you are involved in a fatal, the evidence will be against you, and jail time is coming your way.
All this by HGV drivers, if paid by the hour what is the hurry, i have seen driving that is appaling and dangerous, i hope the mod`s put this post up, as many on here have enough of bulk tipper drivers.
The worst road to be on is from the M6 to Dumfries and Stanraer, you take your life in your hands on that road that is full of idiots racing to and from the ferry port, if you stick to 40 mph, you will get rammed off the road, no wonder they have umarked police there.

The British are very polite and would rather say RIP than, look at this ■■■■■■ and he deserves it, whether he was doing the job wrong or not

Muckaway:

MrReliable:

I used to be the only tipper driver to do dead on 40 and 50; Not now. Whatever’s safe I’ll do. Got a nice loud alarm on the sat nav for camera locations, plus I find I’m a lot more alert. Note “safe” isn’t me justifying flatout, it’s mostly 45-50…Especially when I’m carrying those crappy plastic pallets back to the mill.
:imp:
When driving our CFs, I don’t go flatout on motorways as they go out of the green band above 53. The rented Axor I had last week, however, 57mph and dead centre of the green band.

Don’t get your change of heart, you used to love having me stuck behind you at 40, i can’t get into top gear at 40,need 55mph- 59mph to keep at 1500 revs for best fuel economy. What weight are your flour bags? they used to be hundredweight and a half, that’s why i never got sent to Ponders End, Wrights.

In the mid 80’s it was made ilegal to pay a driver any other way that by the hour, per mile or by the load was seen as encouraging them to speed and so safety on British roads improved vastly.
Tipper drivers and their bosses seem to ignore all the rules. I used to ask those complaining about being stuck or delayed why they complained when paid by the hour ?
You are lucky :exclamation: Here in the USA 90% of drivers are paid by the mile or the load which is why most accidents seem to be caused by tipper drivers or container haulers driving at very dangerous speeds and ignoring all the rules. I find it heartbreaking when I pass a crushed family car with all ocupants dead because some ■■■■■■■ is trying to get that extra load in for the day. :frowning:

I used to get a lot of critisism driving down the A420 at 40mph when I worked for Tesco and I get a lot of moaning driving up US 22A in Vermont at 50mph … All I say is if you want to ■■■ me go ahead but i will not risk my licence, my life or the life of some other because you are in a hurry.

Has anyone stopped to look at the contrasting difference in fatal accident rates involving paid by the hour truckers over job and knock “daily rate” ones?

Smalltrucker, our flour bags range from the ones you see in supermarkets, to the most common 16-25kgs and bulk 1t bags.
In this job I’m not insulted with a stupid load bonus like the tippers. One of the reasons I did 40 was because the bonus scheme encourages speeding and I had my bonus taken from me for getting caught.

This load/tipping bonus,has got to stop!!!We all know why they drive like bell ends ,to get the cash in hand. :cry: :cry:

CASH IS NO GOOD TO YOU IN JAIL… :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: