"He was just doing his job"

bigtruck:
Just wait till a clear bit lift the toe off click of the indicator and let us by! Or get yourself into the middle of a bunch going up the 75 and keep the toe in her.

+1 if you don’t want to run in the group then pull over and let group get ahead also if you run at 40mph in an irish lorry on the A75 there is a good chance the police will pull you as they think you are up to no good running at 40mph. From the police up there the general concensus is keep to just below 50mph and you will be left alone

I love it how Tipper/Bulk drivers are slated when there’s an accident, or a 40mph thread, or anything to do with anything wrong. The accidents ive seen on here and elseware have had nowt to do with a Tipper FFS :unamused: I hate to hear of any brother driver who has been injured or worse killed and RIP to those who died doing a job we all love in our own ways :sunglasses: I am paid a % of the truck ernings but i dont need to rush about to get my work done!!! I start on a mon, home fri & yes i’ll work at sat if i have the time :wink: On here everybody has an oppinion :open_mouth:Thats what a forums all about but we bulk tipper drivers aint allways to blame, even though we’re slated on here :unamused:

tango boy:
I love it how Tipper/Bulk drivers are slated when there’s an accident, or a 40mph thread, or anything to do with anything wrong. The accidents ive seen on here and elseware have had nowt to do with a Tipper FFS :unamused: I hate to hear of any brother driver who has been injured or worse killed and RIP to those who died doing a job we all love in our own ways :sunglasses: I am paid a % of the truck ernings but i dont need to rush about to get my work done!!! I start on a mon, home fri & yes i’ll work at sat if i have the time :wink: On here everybody has an oppinion :open_mouth:Thats what a forums all about but we bulk tipper drivers aint allways to blame, even though we’re slated on here :unamused:

Taking sense? You’ll be sin binned!

■■■■ me… I’ve left a hated haulier last week to start on bulk tippers tomorrow. Are you lot trying to give me a nervous breakdown? :open_mouth::shock::grin::grin::grin:

well,what a load of ■■■■,bulker drivers, flat out everywhere causing mayhem and death.when i’m travelling on the 75 in my bulker it’s not other bulker drivers that are coming out past me heading to or from the ferry.

as was said earlier i dont think the A75 is anywhere near as bad as it used be. whenever i go up there these day i always stay around the 45 mark if im alone and only go flat out in a group. got done on there in early 90s cost me £180 a
and 5 points so learned my lesson.
as for tippers i used to get terrorised by two of them regular on the A65 heading in to settle they were green artics from clitheroe area absolute ■■■■■■ maniacs cant remember name of the firm but those two drivers want ■■■■■■ hangin. theres nothing clever about over takin on blind bends on narrow roads in pitch dark at 5am :imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

mazzer:

bigtruck:
Just wait till a clear bit lift the toe off click of the indicator and let us by! Or get yourself into the middle of a bunch going up the 75 and keep the toe in her.

+1 if you don’t want to run in the group then pull over and let group get ahead also if you run at 40mph in an irish lorry on the A75 there is a good chance the police will pull you as they think you are up to no good running at 40mph. From the police up there the general concensus is keep to just below 50mph and you will be left alone

Agreed! Our wagons are tracked and overspeeds over a certain amount of time are logged and dealt with which is exactly the reason I stick to 40. Covering for one of our lads coming back from Norwich to Peterborough at 40 mph is a pain but I like to keep an eye on the mirrors and pull in at least a couple of times between Norwich and Lynn if the traffic behind gets too bad. It’s like wetting yourself wearing dark trousers, gives you a warm feeling but no-one notices!
I’m salaried for a 8.30-5.00 day and get nothing extra when out but I still don’t understand why it’s an incentive to risk everything. I will be home, just a few minutes later.

Winseer:
Has anyone stopped to look at the contrasting difference in fatal accident rates involving paid by the hour truckers over job and knock “daily rate” ones?

funnily enough, in the 10 years i’ve been where I am, I can remember 4 ‘big’ accidents…all by people ‘hanging the job out’…more hours, more tired■■?

George@ASDA driver:

Winseer:
Has anyone stopped to look at the contrasting difference in fatal accident rates involving paid by the hour truckers over job and knock “daily rate” ones?

funnily enough, in the 10 years i’ve been where I am, I can remember 4 ‘big’ accidents…all by people ‘hanging the job out’…more hours, more tired■■?

lol excellent tell to put that in their health and safety pipe n smoke it except being health and safety freaks they wouldn’t dare smoke anyway :smiley:

I’m job and finish but I still don’t like to get back too quickly. If I did I wouldn’t be surprised to find the number of drops increased.

mazzer:

George@ASDA driver:

Winseer:

lol excellent tell to put that in their health and safety pipe n smoke it except being health and safety freaks they wouldn’t dare smoke anyway :smiley:

If you stick to 40 mph on the Frome and Warminster by passes, in my experience the quarry and bulk tippers style of driving is not very good, a few times they can not wait and cross the double lines when the two lanes goes in to one, and have forced oncoming traffic to take evasive action to avoid a head on colllision.