Hayfever medication

What do people find most effective in controlling their hayfever symptoms while driving??Now were starting to get the off few days of sunshine mines been starting.Tried a few tablets, nasal sprays etc hoping to find something which wont make me drowsy through the day.

:wink:

Don’t suffer mate, so can’t help…

Tesco non drowsy hay fever and allergy tabs. One a day, 30 tabs for £2.75. They’re exactly the same as the branded ones, never pay the extra for branded meds cos as I say, they’re exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to laugh at people with hayfever for years. Then the last couple of years it’s hit me like a train. Constant runny nose, itchy throat and itchy eyes is terrible. Karma is a beatch

Il give them a go then. Not only is hayfever a pain its ■■■■■■■ expensive too! :laughing: Im same mate only had it the last 5-6 years. Tablets I had from doctors didnt do nothing.

As said the cheap ones in Tesco are as good as any but avoid the branded ones that are anti drowsy as they also keep you awake and sleep hits you like a ton of bricks when they wear off

I use the tesco tablets too, 1 a day every morning, I also use the beconaise spray twice a day. I don’t get any bother after that.

Try benadryl mate. Not the one a day or the cold relief. They don’t make you drowsy. I’ve taken them for years and they’re the only thing that works for me. Usually stock up on them when they’re on rollback in the green supermarket, so not too expensive.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I would try several on your days off - so you’re not driving, to see which works for you…

Different ones work in different ways for people…

I settled on ‘Galpharm’ Hay fever and allergen relief tablets…

They do two different kinds though with different ingredients …

Mine are the ones that contain ‘Certirizine Hydrochloride’.

Less than a £2 for 28 tablets from Home Bargains IICRC…

Suffered since I was a kid,bloody long time. I go for the cheap tablets but always go for a decent nasal spray.

Not read all the replies so this may have been posted but
I swear by local honey nit shop bought pasteurised crap
Honey produced naturally in your area
Spoonful a day no hayfever no colds
Should cost about £4
I used to suffer real bad
It’s made from the same pollen that causes your hayfever similar to how a vaccine works

Timstringer:
Not read all the replies so this may have been posted but
I swear by local honey nit shop bought pasteurised crap
Honey produced naturally in your area
Spoonful a day no hayfever no colds
Should cost about £4
I used to suffer real bad
It’s made from the same pollen that causes your hayfever similar to how a vaccine works

Only thing with that is with truck driving you don’t stay in you own area

Lortadine tablets. 30mg and about the size as a sesame seed. Best thing I ever took. 1 a day every day and no symptoms of hayfever at all

Goldfinger:
I would try several on your days off - so you’re not driving, to see which works for you…

Mine are the ones that contain 'cetirizine hydroclohride ’

these are now on the banned medication list. :unamused:

The-Snowman:
Lortadine tablets. 30mg and about the size as a sesame seed. Best thing I ever took. 1 a day every day and no symptoms of hayfever at all

they are what I use (mine are only 10mg), they seem to do the trick for me with no drowsiness, these things work differently for different people so try them when not driving at first
Have been buying ‘Haylief’ from fleabay, works out about 3p each - I have seen some brands in high street chemists at £7 for 10

truckertart1:
Try benadryl mate. Not the one a day or the cold relief. They don’t make you drowsy. I’ve taken them for years and they’re the only thing that works for me. Usually stock up on them when they’re on rollback in the green supermarket, so not too expensive.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

+1

Fatboy slimslow:

Goldfinger:

These affect different people in different ways, some can tolerate them without issue as can i imagine Goldfinger does. Many find Cetirizine Hydrochloride is the only one that works. Anything that makes you drowsy just avoid…

AndrewG:

Fatboy slimslow:

Goldfinger:

These affect different people in different ways, some can tolerate them without issue as can i imagine Goldfinger does. Many find Cetirizine Hydrochloride is the only one that works. Anything that makes you drowsy just avoid…

I’m type two diabetic, and I take these too but they don’t affect me! I work nights, so just before I go to bed, I take all my medication ( after the gym of course ) and sleep all day anyway! No drowsiness for me. :sunglasses:

Goldfinger:

Mine are the ones that contain ‘Certirizine Hydrochloride’.

I do what Goldfinger does, but as well as that I keep a stock of the Benadryl fast acting tablets for the days when
I’m really bad, usually around mid to end July. There’s loads of different pollens which is why some folk are more
affected now and not later. I’ve suffered since I was 17 (made a driving lesson interesting when we drove past a field
of oil seed ■■■■ :laughing: ) I’ve tried loads of different things. Luckily what I’ve been doing for the last 5 yrs is working.

I use Sainsbury’s own brand ,
What I did was try them on the weekend to see if they made me drowsy etc then went from there .