Having a go with fridges. Any advice?

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
Garlic…

Stinks too. Dip a rag into some cherry, put it on a steel plate then let it burn. Don’t put it directly onto the floor, it will burn a hole right through and drop out onto to the lay-by/truckstop/whorehouse/MSA you’re parked at…

Some cherry what? do you mean crushed cherry? serious question as it sounds a good tip if not a tad dangerous

Cherry = red diesel

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
Garlic…

Stinks too. Dip a rag into some cherry, put it on a steel plate then let it burn. Don’t put it directly onto the floor, it will burn a hole right through and drop out onto to the lay-by/truckstop/whorehouse/MSA you’re parked at…

Some cherry what? do you mean crushed cherry? serious question as it sounds a good tip if not a tad dangerous

The smoke removes the fish smell, drop the burning rag into a metal container, the n just push doors too, leave to burn for couple minutes, or sprinkle coffee granules all over the floor.

biggriffin:

bald bloke:
I know Freshlinc are looking but probably no good if you want tramping, what about Turners or is that a daft idea !!

Freshlinc will tramp if you want, be advantageous to speak polski, fridges are all tracked, units have cameras inside and out, plus side easy work, collect from pack houses, take to rdc, or go to Spalding,spade lane(kent) or evesham.

If you go to alconbury you can go on containers, bananas to Asia.

Bananas to Asia !! Away all week then !!

biggriffin:

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
Garlic…

The smoke removes the fish smell, drop the burning rag into a metal container, the n just push doors too, leave to burn for couple minutes, or sprinkle coffee granules all over the floor.

Or just set fire to a newspaper and close the doors.

How to handle a fridge like a boss…

Think twice before you set it to +25 instead of -25. :stuck_out_tongue:

The whole challenge with fridges is to maintain the correct box tempetature so that the load arrives in proper condition or else they will reject it and a claim will follow.

Cycle sentry is the confusing term Thermo King use for the mode that allows the engine to start and stop in response to the thermostat inside the trailer reducing wear & tear and fuel consumption
Continuous mode is when the engine runs all the time and just goes to tick over when no cooling required.

With continuous you will very quickly know you have a problem as soon as the engine stops running.
With cycle sentry it is much more difficult to spot a problem so get into the habit of looking at the temp gauge every time you get in or out of the cab and also check it about 30 mins after loading.

(Many produce people prefer continuous for fresh fruit and veg as there is continuous air circulation around the goods whereas in Cycle Sentry there is no air movement when engine switches itself off but your boss will tell you what he wants used)

See what type of Refrigeration units are fitted to your trailers TK or Carrier and download the manual from their website.

Likewise if the trailer is more complicated than standard such as multi compartment or twin vap it’s is best to download the manual from the Trailer manufacturer, Schmitz, Cherau, Gray & Adams etc or email them for a copy giving them the model or serial number.

If carrying frozen don’t open the doors to tip until the very last moment
If you are sat on a bay for half an hour in the summer waiting to tip with your doors open the back two pallets may fail when they stick the temp probe in and the load will be rejected.

Fridge work can be great so I hope you enjoy it.

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
Garlic…

Can you light crushed cherries!!![emoji28]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

What is it with other drivers asking or demanding to turn your fridge off or even threaten to turn it off them selfs boils my ■■■■ does that its same as me saying to them if your not qiuet i will ■■■■■ your cutains or steal your diesel

t29sab:
What is it with other drivers asking or demanding to turn your fridge off or even threaten to turn it off them selfs boils my ■■■■ does that its same as me saying to them if your not qiuet i will ■■■■■ your cutains or steal your diesel

I was in the services for the night a few weeks ago parked up out the way no one around me then bang bang on the door a English driver started mouting at me as he couldn’t sleep and he was going to call the police if i didn’t turn it off. He didn’t quite understand he parked next to me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:

t29sab:

I was in the services for the night a few weeks ago parked up out the way no one around me then bang bang on the door a English driver started mouting at me as he couldn’t sleep and he was going to call the police if i didn’t turn it off. He didn’t quite understand he parked next to me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ar that old one, still does the rounds most nights, in most parking areas will people ever learn. Giving up the amount of times been parked all alone, minding me own beeswax,
when somebody parks nearby and utters them immortal words" you living that running all night"

I always switch them off when I can due to the foul ■■■ smell and pollution emited Into the cab. When not running with anything or the temputure is cold switch of the fresh compartment it will stay 0- 3

kjw21:
If the doors won’t open because of the vacuum effect knock the fridge off to open them (remember to turn it back on after)

Always check what temp the customer wants the product transported at and if possible get it on the paperwork.

Some prefer to leave the fridge on constant overnight as they sleep better with it always on instead of stop/starting.

Enjoy! You will never want to pull another curtainsider again.

If I have a problem opening the door just open both together but I do have to climb & use the back of trailer to get the force I need

Never had a problem sleeping with a fridge running either on constant or stop / start & don’t matter which fridge I have

If the vacuum is giving you problems with opening both doors simply leave the near side door closed and pull the offside door handle through 90 degrees and leave it alone for a minute, hey presto vacuum gone. Apparently nature abhors a vacuum, or so my science teacher taught me. :wink: