Have you seen this van?

(edited )It’s a white van, I think it was an Astra.

It’s the clampers doing the rounds on the M6.

oops i’ve just blind sided a white van could be my next post. :laughing:

the posting of reg no’s is banned on these forumsmm

as if you would do that phil

Posting registrations■■?

DEFO WORTH AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

MADBAZ:
Posting registrations■■?

DEFO WORTH AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Agreed - these idiots need exposing at every opportunity

how do we know their idiots
they could be acting legally

its just we dont like what they do

57 plate van? Business must be good. :imp:

A good friend of mine is a bayliff, he clamps lots of cars but not trucks but if he wanted to clamp mine I wouldn’t argue with him i’d help him…he is a big boy…

Pulled in Clacket Lane East-bound yesterday, 1 van and 2 lorries clamped, in the long load bay.

MY father in law has just told me he owns a small plot of land somewhere I was thinking of doing the clampers course does anyone know much about it?.

Sorry guys but this is genuine people keep parking on his land and blocking access.

dieseldog6:
Pulled in Clacket Lane East-bound yesterday, 1 van and 2 lorries clamped, in the long load bay.

As someone who has driven plenty of long loads i agree with clamping these idiots!!

Heartshead Moor is the classic example! Westbound there is no excuse for a normal artic or 7.5t to park in the long load bay!

I know why they do, they are lazy and just want to step into the services. I’ve nearly been chinned when i’ve told a 7.5t driver to explain why he feels the need to park there when the other bays are empty!

Some people are soooooooo lazy!!!

Couldn’t agree more with you Gaz, and I’m not just talking about long load bays, but if the driver has pulled in late and can’t find a space, he’s gonna park where he can, I can’t see why the clampers can’t just knock the door and move em on.

Deepinvet:
A good friend of mine is a bayliff, he clamps lots of cars but not trucks but if he wanted to clamp mine I wouldn’t argue with him i’d help him…he is a big boy…

I used to be a bailiff. I’ve also clamped a few cars in my time but never anyone who didn’t deserve it, and always as a last resort. :wink:

I have an idea… Don’t park illegally then you wont have a problem with them. I have been tramping for over 6 months and in that time I have never went over my time because I couldn’t find somewhere to park. It’s only down to bad planning if you end up in that situation. The only exemption would be if you were held up in a motorway accident and ended up way over your time. Mind you in saying that the rules don’t say “you may park illegally to stop before 4:30”, do they?

Tin hat at the ready :smiling_imp:

Steve-o:
I have an idea… Don’t park illegally then you wont have a problem with them.

An idea? I’d say you don’t have a clue. What if you simply just need to stop for a ■■■■, what do you suggest? Maybe the hard shoulder or a layby if the MSA’s are full?

Steve-o:

And the rose tinted specs !!

if u dont want anybody to park somewhere sick some bollards in the ground, simple solution! but no they will paint some nice lines and put a sign up so some idiot will take the risk and park there.

DaiDap:
57 plate van? Business must be good. :imp:

57 plate :open_mouth: can`t being doing that well if the van is that old :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Mike-C:

Steve-o:
I have an idea… Don’t park illegally then you wont have a problem with them.

An idea? I’d say you don’t have a clue. What if you simply just need to stop for a [zb], what do you suggest? Maybe the hard shoulder or a layby if the MSA’s are full?

Steve-o:

And the rose tinted specs !!

Well how about you try and curl one out every time you get the oppertunity. Like I said, I’ve never had a problem with parking because of my good forward planning. And yes, I do have a clue thanks.

Perhaps you’re one of these drivers that doesn’t pull into an MSA untill he’s sitting at 4:15+ and just hopes for the best that there’s a space and if not then what the hell I’ll just go and park along the front of everyone making it a right ■■■■ for everyone else to get out of spaces. If so then you deserve to get clamped. I welcome clampers because without them the services would be an utter disaster when it comes to trying to get a space.

I am fed up reading letters in T&D about drivers sob stories aboat how they needed to go to the loo badly so they parked in the coach bay and got clamped (LYMM) Truckstop. Would you park your car on yellow lines and get away with it THINK BEFORE YOU PARK :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I was at stafford on friday.
Three coaches in the truck bays.
All the coach bays were empty.

How does clamping someone for parking in a coach bay or long load bay make the bay clear?

When i am pulling a long load and the long load bay is taken up, i park next to them, but i don’t get excited. But if i saw someone clamped i would get the police to have it removed as the clamping company are preventing me from resting. :wink:

Steve-o:
Perhaps you’re one of these drivers that doesn’t pull into an MSA untill he’s sitting at 4:15+ and just hopes for the best that there’s a space and if not then what the hell I’ll just go and park along the front of everyone making it a right [zb] for everyone else to get out of spaces. If so then you deserve to get clamped.

I don’t have any parking problems. I just have some empathy for people who get caught in this situation, there but the grace of god and all that.

Steve-o:
I welcome clampers because without them the services would be an utter disaster when it comes to trying to get a space.

Well Thurrock services is renowned for clamping and its a disaster to get a parking space. The only ones who get clamped though are the ones who have overstayed in the coach park (which they allow at certain times) or the ones whohavn’t bought a ticket quick enough.clamping doesn’t really seem to sort anything out there.