Have you noticed?

Car drivers seem to be behaving well, as they put their headlights on in daytime to suit the road conditions.
They light up for very bright low sun,an hour before sunset when it makes a difference to stand out and be seen, it is impressive.
Also in precipitation, they light up.
In Italy ,it is law to have headlights on in the daytime,should be in the UK.

Probably because more cars these days have lights that come on automatically. Mine do my my focus

toby1234abc:
Car drivers seem to be behaving well, as they put their headlights on in daytime to suit the road conditions.
They light up for very bright low sun,an hour before sunset when it makes a difference to stand out and be seen, it is impressive.

No Toby, we must be on different roads mate!!! :wink:

tango boy:

toby1234abc:

No Toby, we must be on different roads mate!!! :wink:

I must be on the same roads at the same time as you tangoboy :open_mouth: unless tobys dropped on a day where hes seen lots of volvos,or car drivers are treating the same as foglghts now,turn them on then realise there still on in the middle of summer :unamused:

With a bit of luck,some of the knobs might even get at least ONE brake light working.

The amount of times both are out and just the top centre thing illuminates is ridiculous.

mick.mh2racing:
Probably because more cars these days have lights that come on automatically. Mine do my my focus

Is it a special car. My my!

Oh it’s special because I’m special. I even went to a special school.
…Oh wait…

I know cars have rear FOG lights, but this week, i have seen rear rain, sleet and snow lights as well. Not forgetting the rear Sun lights :smiley:

its been the law since 2011 to have day time running lights on all cars.

I had a car pull out in front of me today, whilst doing 20 in a 20 going downhill, when there was barely enough room to fit. Who was then suitably unimpressed enough, that when I honked to horn to warn him I was there and about to ram him up the arse, decided he would brake check me and then drive at 10 miles an hour to try and ■■■■ me off.

I still cant comprehend why people act this way in front of lorries weighing in excess of 25 ton, or any vehicle tbh.

I havent noticed much in the way of decent driving lately. I much prefer the drivers when I was on nightshift.

maga:
its been the law since 2011 to have day time running lights on all cars made after that year.

FTFY. :smiley:

mick.mh2racing:

My car has auto sensor lights and daytime running lights which I believe is the law now. But I still put full beam on manually, as the daytime running lights are front only and I like to have lights on all round. Also don’t trust the auto sensors as it may be bright but still not be 100% visibility, and in such a situation I like to have full lights on. In fact I have full lights on most of the time after all who wants to be less visible than they can be.

Night driving is much better, drivers are better on a night shift, for all types of vehicles. More courteous and more patient.

I hate driving around with lights on (in broad daylight with good vis)/DRLs, thankfully my car is pre 11’ so I don’t have to have them, some cars have retrofitted them & they look hideous:lol:

Sidevalve:

maga:
its been the law since 2011 to have day time running lights on all cars made after that year.

FTFY. :smiley:

Or even all cars that went for European type approval after 2011. Model changes etc

arkin:

mick.mh2racing:

My car has auto sensor lights and daytime running lights which I believe is the law now. But I still put full beam on manually, as the daytime running lights are front only and I like to have lights on all round. Also don’t trust the auto sensors as it may be bright but still not be 100% visibility, and in such a situation I like to have full lights on. In fact I have full lights on most of the time after all who wants to be less visible than they can be.

You have full beam on all the time?

Find it bloody annoying if you ask me. All these stupid lights on while its DAY light or sun is setting just makes it hard to spotted that motorbike coming cause you think it’s just another stupid car.

Seany:

arkin:

mick.mh2racing:

You have full beam on all the time?

yes

Disco Street:
Find it bloody annoying if you ask me. All these stupid lights on while its DAY light or sun is setting just makes it hard to spotted that motorbike coming cause you think it’s just another stupid car.

And you react differently to cars

I think he means ‘dipped beam’.