have you ever

have you ever been…been emmbarrsed when backing onto a loding dock, and making a funt of it, then walking into warehouse and lookin at guys who have just watched you take 34 shunts…(and it’s still ■■■■■■■ I have!!!

I was when I first passed artic test but now I don’t give a ■■■■. Some days it just ‘happens’ and other days it doesn’t. That is all.

Some days I can’t hit a barn door at ten paces. :unamused:

I can still lash up backing round the corner in our factory - especially if I wave to the girls in the office as I pass :wink: But, I’m of an age and I don’t care :exclamation:

I do agency work which means I drive different units different trailers nearly every day some days you might be millimetre perfect and you can walk into the warehouse with your head held high and other days you just can’t get your head round it those days you’re just typical agency driver it’s all water off the ducks back to me i think this is all just part of being human

I reversed onto the bay at a js store to find the whole work force waiting for my load so thought this will be a quick tip but to my embarresment i was 6 feet from the bay! The trailer had a reversing sensor which i had never used before and 15 minute later after finding out how over ride the sensor i walked back in to a round of applause. Red neck day for me but had a laugh about it later :slight_smile:

If you get your head around the idea that nobody knows who you are or really cares what you do. Truck Driving becomes a whole lot easier.

Why put yourself under pressure because of your own perceived misconceptions of what other people think of you?

W

The one thing you can be sure about all those drivers you think are laughing at you all ■■■■ it up occasionally too. I do.

I remember delivering to a J.S. once, and took a few shunts to get it on dock. got into the warehouse and the bod said, “Thanks for rolling the concrete drive!!”

It’s one of sods law, that says you’ll do you bst bit reversing blind side onto the tightest bay when nobody is looking and you’ll make the biggest hash up of the easiest reverse ever when the World and his wife turns up.
Just accept it laugh, even take bow :laughing:

Give me a tight blindside into a farm with no room to manouver and i’m fine.

Ask me to back between 2 trailers with an acre of space in front of me and i’m screwed

^^^^+1 :imp:

muckles:
It’s one of sods law, that says you’ll do you bst bit reversing blind side onto the tightest bay when nobody is looking and you’ll make the biggest hash up of the easiest reverse ever when the World and his wife turns up.
Just accept it laugh, even take bow :laughing:

guaranteed, no one ever sees the best reverse in the world!!

I sometimes impress myself then other times i annoy myself,most drivers are the same and understand,always plenty of ■■■■■■■■■ about who are never to shy at telling you this that and the other,or the best are warehouse staff etc who havent even got a license to drive a car!

C-Kay:
Give me a tight blindside into a farm with no room to manouver and i’m fine.

Ask me to back between 2 trailers with an acre of space in front of me and i’m screwed

I’m the same, blindside in the dark with a couple of sheepdogs trying to bite the tyres, between stone gateposts an inch from the nearside of the trailer, reverse to wothin a couple of feet of a feed silo…no problem

2 days later with a curtainsider reversing onto a bay with yellow lines as a guide and nothing nearer than 20 ft away…takes me 3 or 4 shunts.

some days good…some days bad…thats life, just accept it and dont care what others think !

jimmy m:
have you ever been…been emmbarrsed when backing onto a loding dock, and making a funt of it, then walking into warehouse and lookin at guys who have just watched you take 34 shunts…(and it’s still ■■■■■■■ I have!!!

Yep, it’s called taking it on the chin and moving on. In any case you should definitely ignore the knockers and sneerers. Just tell 'em if you want an audience you’ll sell f*$£&in tickets next time!!! :smiling_imp:

papermonkey:
[. In any case you should definitely ignore the knockers :

Well …lets not be too hasty :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve always reckoned the difference between a new driver and an experienced one is that the experienced one no longer cares who sees him screw up. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:

Conversely, I like the scenario when you reverse into the tightest place EVER, first time, and someone says to you, “Nice piece of reversing driver, our shunters can’t even do that.”

Ken.

Why do all customers say that the dust bin lorry can get up that track that looks like a horses bridleway,and you expected to drive down it,to deliver their stuff.