Have you ever seen a more desperate job advert than this?

indeed.co.uk/viewjob?from=ap … 4944debe61

Basically they will bend over backwards and say anything to get your bum on the seat.

“Quick start 8 to 10 hours” is my favourite (Wouldn’t 8 hours be running bent?!)

Unbelievable scenes

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Pay range from 27k to 40k I suspect this is very target driven/OT.
That’s what put me off like whenever I see a van driver/scooter delivery advert that says earn over £800 a week. :laughing:

Desperate , all that’s missing is the line
"all you need is a pulse "
I like the line “friendly supportive traffic planning department” :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The £27k is the 4 on 4 off and the 40k is the 5/6 rotating working all weekend. Not so much target but expect max hours.

Don’t like paying for parking if empty and unless you are on the 5/6 you will cab hop.

That was what I got told when I called a while ago.

I would be more worried about the way they advertise the assessment. Is it not hit anything and you pass?

27.5k for 6on/6off could work fine for some.

Assessments to be carried-out (99.8 % pass rate )

What we can take from that is as long as you don’t write off the truck in that 20min period you got a job :sunglasses:

So let me get this straight, out of every 500 drivers who go on a driving assessment, only 1 fails. That’s pretty frightening given the amount of spanners with a license.

DJC:

So let me get this straight, out of every 500 drivers who go on a driving assessment, only 1 fails. That’s pretty frightening given the amount of spanners with a license.

So yellow is the new Green :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

99.8% pass rate■■? compare that with Waitrose, Aylesford which driver trainer told me was 48%

By 98.8 pass rate, it should read “We have no standards whatsoever”

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

That true they do 6 on 6 off for tramping?

I heard that they were based at Fakenham because there was little competition for drivers.

edd1974:
That true they do 6 on 6 off for tramping?

Yeah but that would be right at the bottom of the pay scale, plus different motor every time.

What exactly is an employer supposed to say?

(Some) employers are only taking pith with drivers because drivers are too stupid to stand their ground. If you look at most of the companies advertising week after week for people it’s because conditions are poor or money or both. Good firms and good jobs mean people don’t move.

I do a couple of days a week for agency as I work when it suits me. In the beginning they offered me work which was an hour away which I refused because a. It would be two hours extra a day unpaid and b. You get there at your own expense. Yet still people do that. Is the employer/ agency to blame? Nope the driver is the plank.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

We will endeavour to contact all drivers within 2 hours between Monday-Friday 9:00hrs -17:00hrs

Let’s all flood them with applications on Monday at 12 midday :laughing:

Drivers get a mobile phone and a hand held tablet.

Quick pass me the phone, I need to get in there pronto…ffs :unamused:

ezydriver:

We will endeavour to contact all drivers within 2 hours between Monday-Friday 9:00hrs -17:00hrs

Let’s all flood them with applications on Monday at 12 midday :laughing:

Think then the 99.8% pass rate would fall quite quickly … :slight_smile:

Quite surprised really, I always had Jack Richards down as an old school type reputable firm, that would have a good bunch of long term ‘proper drivers’ and the type of outfit who would not employ dregs, but would be quite selective.

robroy:
Quite surprised really, I always had Jack Richards down as an old school type reputable firm, that would have a good bunch of long term ‘proper drivers’ and the type of outfit who would not employ dregs, but would be quite selective.

I think you may have misread the situation there. In the distant past that was probably the case but things change and rarely for the better in this industry.

waddy640:

robroy:

I think you may have misread the situation there. In the distant past that was probably the case but things change and rarely for the better in this industry.

Yeh…maybe a case of second generation take over where old standards invariably drop eh mate?

robroy:

waddy640:

robroy:

Yeh…maybe a case of second generation take over where old standards invariably drop eh mate?

I worked there when Jack was still around and things had declined by then.