Have I broke the speed limit?

I have just received a notice of prosecution from North Wales police for doing 69 mph on the A483 jtn 7 Rossett, I was in the WORKS VAN at the time. I’m almost sure it’s 70mph on that stretch?
Any of you guys pass it on a regular basis, I’ve been on google maps & can only see a national speed limit sign as you enter the dual carrigeway.

I don’t mind paying it if I’m wrong but I gather vans can still do 70mph on dual carriageways? :blush:

gov.uk/speed-limits

It is national speed limit along there, the weight of your van will affect what the limit is, most larger vans will be 60mph.

daf1691:
I have just received a notice of prosecution from North Wales police for doing 69 mph on the A483 jtn 7 Rossett, I was in the WORKS VAN at the time. I’m almost sure it’s 70mph on that stretch?
Any of you guys pass it on a regular basis, I’ve been on google maps & can only see a national speed limit sign as you enter the dual carrigeway.

I don’t mind paying it if I’m wrong but I gather vans can still do 70mph on dual carriageways? :blush:

Yes if it a 3.5t van. One of our lad was done cose he was doing 70 and he thought it was ok on a duel carriageway.
Cheers Welly

daf1691:

50 single, 60 dual and 70 on a motorway. :unamused: crafty I know :laughing: but thems the rules chap :open_mouth:

For any van such as a Sprinter or similar size its 50mph on single, 60mph on dual and 70 on motorways unless a lower limit is in force at the time. It not something a lot of people seem to realise going by the number coming to our company and asked.

It also covers small vans such as Combo since they are not “car derived” but if it looks the same as a car design just without back windows (or non-opening windows) then it’s classed as a car so subject to normal speed limits.

It depends on the weight and what it says on the v5

I know a lot of pickup drivers who have been caught out as well

Well it use to be a van / car derived van ie it could be anything that has closed in rear which includes a Fiesta with panels instead of Windows in rear side panels Nothing to do with weight.

It really is quite simple, if its not car derived then the lower speed limits apply end of, fiesta van, corsa van , peugeout 206 van are about the only ones i can think of off the top of my head, there are an alarming number of people driving vans and pickups who have no idea of the lower speed limit they should be sticking to

Highway Code 101.

It’s bloody annoying and intimidating when driving a small van that’s limited to the lower limits and you get some arsey trucker sticking to yer back end like glue !

Yes you have.
Go straight to jail
Do not pass go
Do not collect £200
Cut your license up and send it back to DVSA. You are clearly a menace to society and an absolute maniac.
Buy a bus ticket

vans 50 single carrage ways/60 dual carrageway /70 m/way

unless its a car derived van then its 60/70/70

alix776:
It depends on the weight and what it says on the v5

not 100% right, ‘Car-derived’ vans weigh no more than 2 tonnes when loaded and are based on car designs, for example:

Ford Fiesta van.
Vauxhall Corsa van.
Fiat Punto van.
Peugeot 207 van.
Renault Clio van.

chaversdad:

They shouldn’t do unless they are only two wheel drive, or over 2040kg unladen, as dual purpose vehicles can do car national speed limits the same as car derived vans.

trevHCS:
For any van such as a Sprinter or similar size its 50mph on single, 60mph on dual and 70 on motorways unless a lower limit is in force at the time. It not something a lot of people seem to realise going by the number coming to our company and asked.

It also covers small vans such as Combo since they are not “car derived” but if it looks the same as a car design just without back windows (or non-opening windows) then it’s classed as a car so subject to normal speed limits.

Original Combo qualifies as car derived van but the current rebadged Fiat Doblo doesn’t.

My Transit Connect was restricted as well.

BrokeN. … you have brokeN the speed limit.

:unamused:

Own Account Driver:

chaversdad:

They shouldn’t do unless they are only two wheel drive, or over 2040kg unladen, as dual purpose vehicles can do car national speed limits the same as car derived vans.

Sorry but they cant, if a pickup has a capacity to carry a ton or more then it is a commercial vehicle and the relevant speed limits apply, for anyone else who may find thereselves in a vehicle they are unsure about then this tells you whats a car and whats van

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … ay2015.pdf